Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
See my edited post where I show the stats for shots on goal. I also think it is arrogant to say that every player was better except for Zaha. Speroni is a good keeper and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth about Murray until Ulloa arrived in January.

So that's 3 players out of 11 then; and I disagree that Speroni is better than TK.

I watched mainly away games last year. Burnley was the only team that we looked promotion candidates against. The away game to Bristol City was the most tedious game I've ever seen; I enjoyed some of the crap served up in the Gillingham years more.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If you want another pointless and stupid stat - in 44 out of 46 matches last season, we had FEWER throw ins than our opponents.

But we finished 4th, which matters. Everything else is semantics. We could have won the league if we won more matches. Ground breaking.

We finished 4th. All your Poyet whining is up there with The Major's Palace dribblings as the two most tedious and pathetic recurring themes on this forum. When you see Kevtherev has waded in you know he's spouting some hatred for something about Gus, and if you see The Major you know he's having a little cry about Palace.

The throw ins stat was made up. As is this one; we'd have won the league if Poyet wasn't manager last season.

The throw in stat was obviously made up. But you can't say the other one with any certainty at all. I believe many managers would have done what Poyet done, with the same tools at their disposal and some would have done better.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Still on your anti-Poyet soap box I see. It's about time you got some professional help for your unhealthy obsession, quite frankly. Hopefully you'll piss-off to the Mackam boards if he takes the job up there: & bore the shite out of all & sundry with your myopic, ignorant bollox. :wave:

Ha ha ha:thumbup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So that's 3 players out of 11 then; and I disagree that Speroni is better than TK.

I watched mainly away games last year. Burnley was the only team that we looked promotion candidates against. The away game to Bristol City was the most tedious game I've ever seen; I enjoyed some of the crap served up in the Gillingham years more.

Where did I say Speroni is better? I said Speroni is a good keeper.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A great many other games? See Acker's post. This is what I mean about rewriting history. I give up.

I did see his post, they included shots off target, which most of them were...You can have 100 shots off target, I've never seen a shot off target fly in the net yet. Unless it takes a deflection, but then it becomes a shot on target anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So there were 22 games last season were we didn't manage 10 or more shots(on and off target) all game??? That's pretty piss poor tbh.....Top homework by the way.

So far this season:
Leeds 8
Derby County 10
Birmingham 8
Burnley 14
Millwall 14
Reading 20
QPR 5
Bolton 17

Copied Ackers stats for this season. Are you staying Oscar is poor too?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A great many other games? See Acker's post. This is what I mean about rewriting history. I give up.

The losing Murray to Palace history can't be rewritten. That is the most obvious mistake Gus made when he was being paid to spot and develop talent.

I am pretty sure Bloom regreted giving himthe final say on this matter, and he trusted that Gus knew what he was doing.

It just makes you wonder how many other things he failed in when he couldn't spot the best goal scorer in the Championship.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The losing Murray to Palace History can't be rewritten. That is the most obvious mistake Gus made when he was being paid to spot and develop talent.

I am pretty sure Bloom regreted giving himthe final say on this matter, and he trusted that Gus knew what he was doing.

It just makes you wonder how many other things he failed in when he couldn't spot the best goal scorer in the Championship.

He offered him another contract. Palace offered 70% higher and a signing on fee. Murray went for more money.

People can go on nit picking and finding negatives by twisting the facts so I am tired of it now. I'm out.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So far this season:
Leeds 8
Derby County 10
Birmingham 8
Burnley 14
Millwall 14
Reading 20
QPR 5
Bolton 17

Copied Ackers stats for this season. Are you staying Oscar is poor too?

Already a marked improvement isn't there??? and he hasn't even got his so called better players available to him yet.......oooooooooohhhhhh OSCAR GARCIA!!!!!!!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He offered him another contract. Palace offered 70% higher and a signing on fee. Murray went for more money.

Poyet offered him an insult, get it right. After all your the one who keeps going on about not re writing history. Anyone who knows anything knows Murray wanted to stay and Poyet didn't fancy him. If what I heard was true the offered made to Murray was nothing short of a disgrace.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

No, Murray was on £4k intitially with us, Palace offered him £11.5k and we then offered him £7.5. Murray then said he would stay for £9k, £2.5k less than the Palace offer.

Bloom said to Gus shall we pay the extra £1.5k and give him £9k and Gus said no let him go.

That is exactly what happened, it was Gus on a power trip testing his authority and getting it wrong.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The throw in stat was obviously made up. But you can't say the other one with any certainty at all. I believe many managers would have done what Poyet done, with the same tools at their disposal and some would have done better.

The FACT being that Poyet gave Poyet the chance to finish 4th. What you conveniently ignore is that without his work in League 1, we wouldn't even have been in the Championship, let alone established at the top end. It shows you what a good job Gus did that we finish 4th in the second tier of English football and people like you are still banging a drum and insisting we should have done better.

You need to join the real world. Poyet did brilliantly with what he had, fact. Someone else might have done better, but far more would have done much worse. Oscar has a much easier task because of the work Gus did.

Rewrite history as much as you want, but it's a fact that we finished 4th last season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, Murray was on £4k intitially with us, Palace offered him £11.5k and we then offered him £7.5. Murray then said he would stay for £9k, £2.5k less than the Palace offer.

Bloom said to Gus shall we pay the extra £1.5k and give him £9k and Gus said no let him go.

That is exactly what happened, it was Gus on a power trip testing his authority and getting it wrong.

I was told by a club employee that we offered to double his wage but Murray wanted quadruple.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Already a marked improvement isn't there??? and he hasn't even got his so called better players available to him yet.......oooooooooohhhhhh OSCAR GARCIA!!!!!!!!

In what way a marked improvement?

Over the first 8 games last season we had 101 shots, an average of 12.625 per game.
Over the first 8 games this season we have had 96 shots, an average of 12 per game.

We're no better off in league position, or points won, we've scored fewer and conceded more.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The FACT being that Poyet gave Poyet the chance to finish 4th. What you conveniently ignore is that without his work in League 1, we wouldn't even have been in the Championship, let alone established at the top end. It shows you what a good job Gus did that we finish 4th in the second tier of English football and people like you are still banging a drum and insisting we should have done better.

You need to join the real world. Poyet did brilliantly with what he had, fact. Someone else might have done better, but far more would have done much worse. Oscar has a much easier task because of the work Gus did.

Rewrite history as much as you want, but it's a fact that we finished 4th last season.

The FACT is Bloom and Brighton and Hove Albion gave Poyet a chance to take this club to 4th in the championship. A FACT that he would have done well to remember.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
In what way a marked improvement?

Over the first 8 games last season we had 101 shots, an average of 12.625 per game.
Over the first 8 games this season we have had 96 shots, an average of 12 per game.

We're no better off in league position, or points won, we've scored fewer and conceded more.

What about the middle twenty games??? I'm not denying we started last season well enough.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What about the middle twenty games??? I'm not denying we started last season well enough.

I'll let you now the comparison to oscar's mid twenty games in february*

*I probably won't, I'll likely have forgotten by then, but will be easy to provide if I'm reminded.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

You need to join the real world. Poyet did brilliantly with what he had, fact. Someone else might have done better, but far more would have done much worse.

Eddie Howe has done a fine job at Bournemouth and even Yeovil manager Gary Johnson punched above his weight. Managers get promoted from league 1 every year and sometimes it sounds like Gus is the only one who ever did.

He did his job but couldn't finish it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here