Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Oh good yet another bitter twisted person !

I'm not bitter at all. I was bitter while he was still here as I didn't want him in charge of the club I love. I'm as happy as a pig in shite now and I can't wait to see him back in a job. In fact if he goes to Sunderland it will enhance my enjoyment of the prem no end.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I've been asked by other fans if Poyet was sacked for poogate. I do think the club should have done more to dispel that myth.

Am I right in thinking there is no suggestion that Poyet was responsible for the disgusting incident?
Am I also right in thinking Poyet expressed his disgust at the disgusting incident?
It would be useful to have confirmation, or as near as possible, before I discuss Gus with fellow Sunderland supporters; which I could be doing a lot of in the next few days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I right in thinking there is no suggestion that Poyet was responsible for the disgusting incident?
Am I also right in thinking Poyet expressed his disgust at the disgusting incident?
It would be useful to have confirmation, or as near as possible, before I discuss Gus with fellow Sunderland supporters; which I could be doing a lot of in the next few days.

Yes and Yes

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Did like this bit from the Sunderland messageboard

A violent Irishman with anger management issues.

A fat Geordie with a persecution complex.

A meek Ulsterman in a spiral of depression.

A mad Italian with Mussolini tattoos.

A swarthy South American who who shits on floors when provoked.

With each new manager we become less of a football club and more an episode of Shameless.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What's he going to get offered better than Sunderland??? I wouldn't have thought he would want to go that far north but that said they are a big club and I think christmas has come early for Poyet if he gets the chance to go there with his cv. Personally I think their mad, but then they did appoint Di Canio in the first place, so they probably are mad. Poyet is just a far more polished version of Di Cano. The cracks won't appear quite as quickly but give it a year or so, if he lasts that long. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!!!!!!

You seem to lose sight of the facts that:
1. when GP took over, the club were in the relegation zone of Division 1
2. The following season we won the Division at a canter.
3. The season after that we finished in the top half of the championship, briefly flirting with play-off places.
4. last Season, we finished 4th and in the play-off places.
5. All this while developing a brand of football which drew the admiration of most of the rest of the world, certainly those who seem to know something about football
6. During most of this time, the majority of the club's fans were on the Gus Bus - including me - and Gus seemed quite happy with the club.
7. A number of players also developed considerably under mr poyet - Adam El-Abd, for example, and he re-enthused Wayne Bridge.

Then it all went horribly wrong.

I am very, very happy with our current position, and think we may have someone in OG now who can scale new heights, but I am still thankful to Gus for what he did do for the club.

And if he goes to Sunderland, stays there 3 years plus and has a similar effect, I think they would be well pleased, too. They were mad to appoint DiCanio - personally I would not let him within a million miles of any football club that I had anything to do with. Gus is a different kettle of fish.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

He definitely had nothing to do with the dressing room incident. It was poo on top off the dressing room toilet that the person responsible had tried to clear up with tissue but just made a bit of a mess. Imagine 'backing up' with the deli belly and being off aim.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This is the link to the club statement which contains the information we were given.
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-update-850487.aspx

In the interests of keeping you informed as best we can, we have concluded our investigation in to the incident in the visitors' dressing room ahead of the play-off match with Crystal Palace. This issue generated very negative press coverage, inconvenience to our visitors for which we have apologised, as well as speculation and rumour, much of it exaggerated or untrue. To be clear, the incident was confined to the floor and to the paper dispenser area of one cubicle in the visitors' dressing room toilets. No 'messages' were scrawled on the floor or anywhere else. And it remains a slight possibility that this was not a deliberate act of vandalism as attempts had been made to clean up the area before the issue was brought to our attention. Numerous club employees and contractors need access to the tunnel area of our stadium to do their jobs. There is no evidence that a member of the club's staff was responsible. Equally, we cannot be sure who was. Unfortunately, we are very unlikely to know exactly what happened, but access and security to the tunnel area have been reviewed and some changes will be implemented next season. It is now time to move on.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The "dressing room" thing has been vastly exaggerated by the media. Many have made out it was a turd left in the middle of the floor. It wasn't. The less media-worthy truth is that someone simply had a pretty bad case of dodgy guts, and the resulting outpouring was deposited rather messily in one of the Palace changing room toilets.

It staggers me that a bit of pebbledashing, while no doubt unsanitary, has made national news. I bet most of you chaps have seen similar in your office toilets on more than one occasion.

And no, there is no suggestion that it was Poyet either (nor in fact any employee of the Albion), rumours now seem to be pointing the finger in the other direction.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
3. The season after that we finished in the top half of the championship, briefly flirting with play-off places.
5. All this while developing a brand of football which drew the admiration of most of the rest of the world, certainly those who seem to know something about football
6. During most of this time, the majority of the club's fans were on the Gus Bus - including me - and Gus seemed quite happy with the club.
7. A number of players also developed considerably under mr poyet - Adam El-Abd, for example, and he re-enthused Wayne Bridge.

I am very, very happy with our current position, and think we may have someone in OG now who can scale new heights, but I am still thankful to Gus for what he did do for the club.

And if he goes to Sunderland, stays there 3 years plus and has a similar effect, I think they would be well pleased, too. They were mad to appoint DiCanio - personally I would not let him within a million miles of any football club that I had anything to do with. Gus is a different kettle of fish.

Good analysis, which bugs me why after being around through the struggle, to the new stadium, the club improving, a new training ground on the way, in the play off's etc.........he seemed to be wanting to move on. He had done the hard part.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

post of the week

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Imagine 'backing up' with the deli belly and being off aim.

And having to drive the Palace team coach with all those morons aboard* (*allegedly on the basis the poopetrator will never be officially revealed until a memoir or autobiography is published in the distant future)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll be honest, I don't really care if Poyet goes there or not. I wish him well if he does, principally because right now, Sunderland are inconveniently occupying Palace's rightful slot at the foot of the league, and it's about time someone put that right.

Other than that, we've gone through the Poyet debate a million times over the summer. I was bored of all that by about the middle of June, and Saturday's result was, I think, the game that finally persuaded me I've got my Albion mojo back (and it really did take a while).

What will be, will be as far as Poyet's case is concerned. It's really not relevant any more, and Oscar deserves to be judged on his own merits, not those of his predecessor. Let's move on: the King is dead, long live the King.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
And having to drive the Palace team coach with all those morons aboard* (*allegedly on the basis the poopetrator will never be officially revealed until a memoir or autobiography is published in the distant future)

I have always giggled that the poor guy must have had some on his trousers and kecks then had to tough it out. Grim.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Absolutely this

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

1.True, but we were in a false position.
2. True, with players like Glenn Murray and Andrew Crofts in the side.
3. True, but we fell away badly at the end of the season. How did Southampton do that year???
4. True, but we should have gone up. 18 draws and a fortune( whatever he said) spent.
5. Rest of the world,pmsl...Don't make me laugh, when was the last time we came from behind before Saturday. When it worked, it worked. But there was never a plan b and it was painfully boring most of the time. 80% possession in your own half with 1 shot on goal is not entertainment.
6. Happy at club???....Yeah right, that's why he was always whoring himself to anyone that would listen.
7. Adam El Abd, yeah ok.....Who else???....he destroyed players confidence and made them scared to express themselves. Not to mention never give youth a chance, unless he had no choice.

Poyet is a legend in his own mind, it's all smoke and mirrors and a lorry load of bullshit. Like they say, you can fool some of the people all of the time.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
3. True, but we fell away badly at the end of the season. How did Southampton do that year???
4. True, but we should have gone up. 18 draws and a fortune( whatever he said) spent.
5. Rest of the world,pmsl...Don't make me laugh, when was the last time we came from behind before Saturday. When it worked, it worked. But there was never a plan b and it was painfully boring most of the time. 80% possession in your own half with 1 shot on goal is not entertainment.
6. Happy at club???....Yeah right, that's why he was always whoring himself to anyone that would listen.
7. Adam El Abd, yeah ok.....Who else???....he destroyed players confidence and made them scared to express themselves. Not to mention never give youth a chance, unless he had no choice.

Poyet is a legend in his own mind, it's all smoke and mirrors and a lorry load of bullshit. Like they say, you can fool some of the people all of the time.

Have to agree with this although judgment can’t be fully cast until we all see the affect he will have in his future management role.

I think he did a good job here but generally didn’t get the best out of his players, everything was safe and we played with fear.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
:ffsparr:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

1. In a false position, maybe - but he still made the difference.
2. Having the best players does not necessarily mean you win everything in sight. it still takes a good manager. Put Paolo di Canio in charge of Real Madrid and they would probably get relegated. And were Murray and Crofts better than those playing for other clubs?
3. Oh, I seem to remember Southampton did quite well, but how much money did they spend to get there, how many good players did they already have coming up through an existing Academy set-up, which has produced the likes of Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gareth bale, Luke Shaw. Gus had far less to play with.
4. Other people spent big as well.
5. Is it my imagination, then, that people commentating or commenting on the TV, writing in the national papers and so on were saying that Brighton were playing attractive football, that we were following in the footsteps of Swansea and so on and so forth. Admittedly it did not always work, but we were doing things well.
6. I do not belong to the "whoring himself" club. he answered questions honestly was possibly part of his problem.
7. Yes there have been some negative comments about his style, but the majority seem to have benefitted from it. He was certainly not a PDC with a players' revolt 5 matches in to the new season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Laughable isn't it? He could give Chemical (Comical) Ali a run for his money with propaganda.

What's laughable is people still can't see just how much damage Poyet done to this club, we are all suppose to support. I sometimes think some people support him more than they do the club....When he didn't get his own way, just look what happened....If anyone thinks that team he put out against Palace at the Amex in the play offs, was motivated and the right selection they are deluded and blinded by the bullshit....He was dead man walking before the end of the season. The board knew it, he knew it and now we all know it as well.....He wanted to walk when he wanted to and drop us in the shit.....As it turns out, we should have let him, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here