Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Would a no mark be privy to such sensitive information?

The problem being that BW hasn't said anything to prove he knows anything. I could easily say "I have an inside contact who says were signing a Bury striker with the Coke money" - would you believe me ? Of course not but it was true as were other transfer "rumours" I've posted ( see my posting history ). Difference is, I backed my claims of having a source with reality. BW hasn't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What sensitive information? He's never given out any information but very spiteful nasty comments about Poyet. I accept the club probably had good reason to sack him, but the bile and venom that BW comes out with, you'd think that Poyet has personally burgled every director's house, and sold their children into slavery.

I am assuming he has been given sensitive information, would anyone really carry this on if they didn't. I make no judgement as I haven't a clue what has happened, I don't like seeing everyone, who also have no knowledge, jumping on the bandwagon and being so vehement in their defence of Poyet and just writing off BW as some sort of fantasist.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The problem being that BW hasn't said anything to prove he knows anything. I could easily say "I have an inside contact who says were signing a Bury striker with the Coke money" - would you believe me ? Of course not but it was true as were other transfer "rumours" I've posted ( see my posting history ). Difference is, I backed my claims of having a source with reality. BW hasn't.

Could you be arsed to carry on such claims for months if they were things you'd made up though? Wouldn't you just let it go after a day or so?

Anyway I'll let BW carry on defending himself now :rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am assuming he has been given sensitive information, would anyone really carry this on if they didn't. I make no judgement as I haven't a clue what has happened, I don't like seeing everyone, who also have no knowledge, jumping on the bandwagon and being so vehement in their defence of Poyet and just writing off BW as some sort of fantasist.

Those who have been 'defending' Poyet have been trying to establish facts and as Westdene said, BW contradicts himself.
It is a fact, that Barber said the club did not know that Poyet was on tv when they sacked him. I heard it and have the minuted copy. These were the kind of things that we have been discussing.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Still don't see this happening at all ... he'll hold on for better/nearer/less volatile

What's he going to get offered better than Sunderland??? I wouldn't have thought he would want to go that far north but that said they are a big club and I think christmas has come early for Poyet if he gets the chance to go there with his cv. Personally I think their mad, but then they did appoint Di Canio in the first place, so they probably are mad. Poyet is just a far more polished version of Di Cano. The cracks won't appear quite as quickly but give it a year or so, if he lasts that long. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!!!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could you be arsed to carry on such claims for months if they were things you'd made up though? Wouldn't you just let it go after a day or so?

Anyway I'll let BW carry on defending himself now :rolleyes:

Did you ever read Mr Burns tirades about Ashley Barnes? He kept it up for over two years in a very similar fashion.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Those who have been 'defending' Poyet have been trying to establish facts and as Westdene said, BW contradicts himself.
It is a fact, that Barber said the club did not know that Poyet was on tv when they sacked him. I heard it and have the minuted copy. These were the kind of things that we have been discussing.

Fair enough. I take statements from both the club and Poyet with a pinch of salt as no doubt there is maneuvering from both sides.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What's he going to get offered better than Sunderland??? I wouldn't have thought he would want to go that far north but that said they are a big club and I think christmas has come early for Poyet if he gets the chance to go there with his cv. Personally I think their mad, but then they did appoint Di Canio in the first place, so they probably are mad. Poyet is just a far more polished version of Di Cano. The cracks won't appear quite as quickly but give it a year or so, if he lasts that long. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!!!!!!

Oh good yet another bitter twisted person !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I actually think it's interesting to see what normal football fans think of Poyet. Less than Poyet thinks of Poyet by the looks of things.

I've been asked by other fans if Poyet was sacked for poogate. I do think the club should have done more to dispel that myth.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Nor do I.

Whether or not BW has a source that knows the absolute facts or not ( my guess is he has ), we can see that in the end Project Poyet was more important than the albion.

Gus' sulky arms folded non interaction in the 2nd playoff leg let us down at the time when we needed him most. I witnessed that, and feel let down.

Something must have happened between the 2 playoff legs, whatever did remains off this board.

And then all we got at our lowest point was an interview about more Project Poyet.

Good luck Gus, enjoy your career, hope you get the Sunderland job, please just move on and drop your legal action against my club.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I don't know, I think Gus learnt the biggest lesson of his life here and I would be surprised if he didn't have a more humble approach in the future.

However for him to get the Sunderland job, he would have to be open about the gross misconduct charges to his new employer whether he disputes them or not, and will probably have to show them the actual dismissal document.

If you are about to employ a £1m plus manager you have to be sure of the history to be able to come to a balanced decision on an appointment.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Nor do I.

Whether or not BW has a source that knows the absolute facts or not ( my guess is he has ), we can see that in the end Project Poyet was more important than the albion.

Gus' sulky arms folded non interaction in the 2nd playoff leg let us down at the time when we needed him most. I witnessed that, and feel let down.

Something must have happened between the 2 playoff legs, whatever did remains off this board.

And then all we got at our lowest point was an interview about more Project Poyet.

Good luck Gus, enjoy your career, hope you get the Sunderland job, please just move on and drop your legal action against my club.

Good shout. Gus can move on, BHA already have.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I've been asked by other fans if Poyet was sacked for poogate. I do think the club should have done more to dispel that myth.

I thought about them putting a statement out about it but then I realised they were trying to rise above what equated to terrace rumours. Bar poyets rant-a-thon email the wider world would never have known. I wonder if they had said 't'was the driver, in trap 2, with the dodgy guts' people would have flamed them for lowering down to a crass level. Just thinking out loud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here