Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So the club's position is the only one with any meaning in terms of the truth?

Got you. So you have been told only one side, and for you, as you have said many times, that's 'enough'.

In the sense I have no INSIDE info from the Gus camp that is true. But then again, I, like you, have been subjected to his BS from Palar$e post-match onward. Oh, and the LMA statement that was immediately knocked-back by the club.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In the sense I have no INSIDE info from the Gus camp that is true. But then again, I, like you, have been subjected to his BS from Palar$e post-match onward. Oh, and the LMA statement that was immediately knocked-back by the club.

You really don't know how to interpret media statements and comment, do you? And you're re-writing history.

One thing I will say is that you are pre-judgemental. It's interesting you take the club's word as gospel, and Gus' word as BS without stopping to read and understand the context and meaning of what's being said. And because you're pre-judgemental, your opinion therefore has no value.

Leave it to people who are waiting for the whole story to come out - i.e. the rest of us.

There is also the small matter of you thinking you know more than the rest of us. Some on here may know more than you, from more than one source, some of which is contradictory. And by the same token, they don't go blabbing about what they think they know. But that wouldn't suit your prejudice to consider that state of affairs, would it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

So, you've got NOTHING then?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Disloyal?

This from the Walter Mitty character who has been betraying the trust of someone high up in the club. How much more disloyal is that?

You haven't earned the right to call me - or anyone else on here - disloyal, you jumped-up nobody.

As I said, you need to control your immature outbursts. Should it be 'The Childish One'?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No you haven't - you back peddled. But then given virtually everything you type is shite it's not surprising.

Just clarification, but back-pedaled if you prefer it that way. I really couldn't care less what you think. You seem unable to accept any criticism of Gus; a lost cause, if you like.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sunderland make contact with Gus Poyet to discuss becoming the club's new manager

I can't see this not happening now, he would be mad to turn it down and I bet he can't help himself drooling like a camel over this.

Have you read that article? Especially this bit

Sunderland owner Ellis Short is impressed with the job he did on the south coast.
Short has also been told Poyet is a considerably better tactician than Di Canio and does not possess the same egotistical and confrontational management style.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Alternatively he was just trying to do his job by delivering the side punctually and safely to the AMEX ground as he was asked to do. Then a load of morons thought they would amuse themselves by trying to hold up the coach for some time. Maybe the same morons who discussed on NSC whether it was worth trying to keep the Palace players awake at their hotel the night before the game.

If any s**t about the game was given out it was by Poyet, trying to big up the Albion side and demean the Palace players. Ideal to do a cut-and-paste on the dressing-room wall. The only extra incentive was the glue provided was brown and smelly.

Just joking. ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Have you read that article? Especially this bit

Sunderland owner Ellis Short is impressed with the job he did on the south coast.
Short has also been told Poyet is a considerably better tactician than Di Canio and does not possess the same egotistical and confrontational management style.

I agree that Gus is less confrontational than Di Canio, but then again, who isn't? Gus is, however, a MASSIVE egotist.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Why do you try to make out that a manager being excited at getting a Prem job is a bad thing?

I'm not, if I was in his position I would be drooling, and I believe he is the right man for the job.

He has beaten their rivals, Newcastle, twice, and he has beaten Sunderland themselves. I would expect that the Sunderland board would be impressed by that alone.

Also despite his departure from us he still completed four seasons here, so he will stick with it and won't do a Di Canio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here