Poyet to Sunderland

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not a fan of Adrian Durham but agree with his views on this one. Top footballers don't exactly have a hard life, especially those in the Prem. Many (but not all) seem to be a law unto themselves, don't like being told a few home truths so need a firm hand. Trouble is they have too much power plus their agent can stir things up.

I was horrified to hear that Forest have (allegedly) taken Chalobah on loan and willing to pay the £35k per week that Chelsea have put him on. the kid is talented but has hardly made his way in the game. Maybe he will prove us wrong but how 'hungry' will he be on £35k per week at such a young age?

I do have some respect for Di Canio (not as a person) in trying to impose some standards, he just went about it the wrong way and player power was allowed to win. It is a shame that the Club did not back Di Canio especially if they brought him in to instil some discipline but then they have made a greater investment in the players than one manager who they can replace too easily. Plus the fans are more likely to show allegiance to the players so the manager often becomes the obvious fall guy.

In my experience there is too much indiscipline, too much 'something for nothing' attitude around and not enough personal responsibility in society these days - and many (but not all) top footballers set a very poor example to others.

Especially when tickets are costing more & more just to pay players who get paid more in a month than I do in a year.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Which is actually rubbish - what EXACTLY is stopping you sharing ? There's no court order to prevent it and if it's true then you're not risking libel.

There are good reasons for not spilling the beans, including not betraying a confidence.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
B.W. does.

He says he was told something in confidence by one person with a vested interest. He's taken that word as gospel, without corroboration, and presented this opinion as fact - without revealing said fact(s). It's therefore, to him, irrefutable.

Anyone who challenges him gets an infantile response of being in a 'pro-Gus' camp, which one, doesn't exist, and two, to him is perjorative. It also has no value.

Lost it again, TLO. You do come out with some utter gash. I have always backed-up my statements where I can. Take it or leave it. I know, you'll leave it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are good reasons for not spilling the beans, including not betraying a confidence.

The board of directors have made a decision not to go public with their findings, so whoever told you has already betrayed their confidence. Unless, of course you are on the board.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

If you were that bothered then you would have held your own council and not come on here with "I've been told something in confidence" !

Anyway, well done for turning a thread about Gus getting the Sunderland job .... possibly .... into one of your predictable bitter hate filled rants about him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh well, at the end of the day it is the same discussion we were having when Gus was sacked. I daresay that if Oscar was doing badly then we would all be enraged and crying over the loss of Gus.
As soon as it became knowledge that Gus wanted to leave (about March) and was touting himself for other jobs, then the reason or the way he was sacked did not really matter to me.
With his stalling and the wait to get a new manager in, i feel it has cost us about 4 points.
A new era is here and whether Gus gets this job or another is just interesting but nothing else in my mind.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yet you keep telling everyone else to move on ! You really are full of BS.

No, I'm not. I've not said anything on here (today at least!) that could be described as BS. Do point out where I have. < Waits patiently >

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, I'm not. I've not said anything on here (today at least!) that could be described as BS. Do point out where I have. < Waits patiently >

Well the one that you've moved on stands out somewhat !

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I assume you met him often enough at his place of work to make that expert judgement call. Or perhaps you didn't.

You haven't moved on at all. I think you'll find it's you that everyone can see through.

The rest of us, meanwhile, in order to make a judgement would wait for impartial, agreed evidence to be made public, not rely on the word of an interested (and therefore biased) party.

I have met Gus on several occasions. He was charming BTW.

You, on the other hand, seem to lack charm and show very little understanding of the club's position.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I have met Gus on several occasions. He was charming BTW.

You, on the other hand, seem to lack charm and show very little understanding of the club's position.

So the club's position is the only one with any meaning in terms of the truth?

Got you. So you have been told only one side, and for you, as you have said many times, that's 'enough'.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Could well be, they seem to eat crap food and often down it very quickly. Then sat on their arse for a few hours builds up a head of steam. Also think who the passengers were, and it could be that sitting just to the side of Wurzel and listening to sh1t for a couple of hours, made the tipping out point inevitable.

Alternatively he was just trying to do his job by delivering the side punctually and safely to the AMEX ground as he was asked to do. Then a load of morons thought they would amuse themselves by trying to hold up the coach for some time. Maybe the same morons who discussed on NSC whether it was worth trying to keep the Palace players awake at their hotel the night before the game.

If any s**t about the game was given out it was by Poyet, trying to big up the Albion side and demean the Palace players. Ideal to do a cut-and-paste on the dressing-room wall. The only extra incentive was the glue provided was brown and smelly.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The board of directors have made a decision not to go public with their findings, so whoever told you has already betrayed their confidence. Unless, of course you are on the board.

I wish!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Refusing to do your job is generally viewed pretty poorly by employers in my experience.
There speaks someone who has never worked for Royal Mail.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If you were that bothered then you would have held your own council and not come on here with "I've been told something in confidence" !

Anyway, well done for turning a thread about Gus getting the Sunderland job .... possibly .... into one of your predictable bitter hate filled rants about him.

I aim to please! ;-) No hate from me, just your interpretation of any comment criticizing Gus as 'hate'.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Holy poo. Did you really just post that pack of hogwash? How most embarrassing for you.

:facepalm:

Dear TLO. Not really, just putting the record straight and counter-balancing your inevitable BS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports