Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet starting to feel some pressure?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think on the whole we've been unlucky this season, compared to pretty damn lucky last season, and we've been just as successful. To me that's progress, we just need a bit more luck and some consistency and then we'll be brilliant.

I reckon our team would be more suited to the Premier League, and getting out of this league might even be harder than staying up with our type of players.
Sorry but you make your own luck, most games we have more of the ball and more shots than the opposition but struggle to gain an advantage. Consistency in the final third of the field is a must, take your chances and win games.

I think this is my only issue with Gus we chop and change wingers, one match play two wingers, the next one winger and the next none, play a settled system and don't worry about what is put in front of you. I don't think Gus know's his best starting XI (ok that's a second issue).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
CMS was signed for £2.5M , the £3.25M figure includes all the add ons Peterborough get relating to appearances and our promotion to the PL should we get there while he still plays for us. It is a bit like saying Man United have paid £25M for Zaha on the basis there is a sell on clause invoked when he is sold to Real Madrid.

JUST £2.5m. Is that all for a League One quality strike?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Sorry but you make your own luck, most games we have more of the ball and more shots than the opposition but struggle to gain an advantage. Consistency in the final third of the field is a must, take your chances and win games.

I think this is my only issue with Gus we chop and change wingers, one match play two wingers, the next one winger and the next none, play a settled system and don't worry about what is put in front of you. I don't think Gus know's his best starting XI (ok that's a second issue).

starting XI's are old school and very league1/2 - we are in the top mixer of the championship - and at this level it is all about squads and what is best to face who you are playing.....look around europe and the prem.

poyet should feel some pressure, because if we dont go up this season, bridcutt and others will probably be sold, QPR and Newcastle will romp it next season, and we might not be in this position for another 4/5 or more years........

its an important time - we need to really go for it.........we are in a good position because the others in the play offs (3 from hull, leicester, palace, watford) will be pissed at not going up - whereas we will be buzzing and on fire if we make it in.

Feb 14, 2010
The question mark over Poyet is his centre forwards. He has yet to sign one who scores goals and spent £Millions on failing forwards instead of giving Murray a pay rise. But almost everything else has been quality and we all make mistakes. When he learns how to spot a goal scorer then he will be a superb manager and I hope he is still with us when he does.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
i think Between the Lines has done one of the most elaborate piss takes on here ever. Has a lot of opinions for an outsider. Don't believe he's a Palace supporter because he/she is far too good. Leeds i reckon.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The question mark over Poyet is his centre forwards. He has yet to sign one who scores goals and spent £Millions on failing forwards instead of giving Murray a pay rise. But almost everything else has been quality and we all make mistakes. When he learns how to spot a goal scorer then he will be a superb manager and I hope he is still with us when he does.

It wasn't just about giving Murray a pay rise , it was about giving in to his agent's demands. No player is bigger than the club. If Gus and Tony thought he was worth it he would still be at the club , it was their decision. Managers at other clubs don't always get it spot on when signing strikers , our scouting network has been overhauled so hopefully Gus won't be trying to land any more "Barn Door Billy" style forwards.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
starting XI's are old school and very league1/2 - we are in the top mixer of the championship - and at this level it is all about squads and what is best to face who you are playing.....look around europe and the prem.

poyet should feel some pressure, because if we dont go up this season, bridcutt and others will probably be sold, QPR and Newcastle will romp it next season, and we might not be in this position for another 4/5 or more years........

its an important time - we need to really go for it.........we are in a good position because the others in the play offs (3 from hull, leicester, palace, watford) will be pissed at not going up - whereas we will be buzzing and on fire if we make it in.
Maybe I am "old school" but it would be good to play too our style and not to stop the opposition. All well and good saying looking at the Premier and Europe but we are Championship and on smaller budgets and squads.

If we don't good up I reckon the only player who will be out to a Premier club will be Bridcutt, why would the rest of the squad go to a higher level when they are clearly either to old or just not good enough for top flight football.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
i think Between the Lines has done one of the most elaborate piss takes on here ever. Has a lot of opinions for an outsider. Don't believe he's a Palace supporter because he/she is far too good. Leeds i reckon.

I thought he was Palace - he used a lot of the same material as some of their fans, along with the focus on CMS and Dobbie, and with the non subtle undermining of Gus.

Between The Lines

Feb 15, 2013
Hove

As I said I live in Hove and am a big football fan so am well aware of how my local team is doing, have been to 3 league games this season at the Amex and have watched all the TV games.

Seeing as most of the comments have said the blog is fair enough then it would be pretty dull wind up!

The team I support doesn't affect the thoughts, but for what it's worth I'm a Saints fan. I didn't mention it in the OP because people would have just abused me without reading any of it.

The article is not a wind up at all.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought he was Palace - he used a lot of the same material as some of their fans, along with the focus on CMS and Dobbie, and with the non subtle undermining of Gus.

(ex) Pompey fan , username could be a reference to us and Southampton ?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Micky spotted Zamora as a future star but Gus hasn't pulled out an comparatively cheap gem yet. Murray was already here as was Bennett our other star from promotion year.

I think Micky got massively lucky with Zamora. If it wasn't for good old Ron Noades trying to stitch us up by 'stealing' Pinamonte at the last minute I doubt that we'd ever have considered him. The same could be said about Poyet though - we only brought in Bridcutt when Navarro got injured and wouldn't have got near him if he'd stayed fit. I suppose you could say that both the players were known to us but I wouldn't say that we identified either as a 'real good-un' before they came to us.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
As I said I live in Hove and am a big football fan so am well aware of how my local team is doing, have been to 3 league games this season at the Amex and have watched all the TV games.

Seeing as most of the comments have said the blog is fair enough then it would be pretty dull wind up!

The team I support doesn't affect the thoughts, but for what it's worth I'm a Saints fan. I didn't mention it in the OP because people would have just abused me without reading any of it.

The article is not a wind up at all.

Not even slightly convincing.

Between The Lines

Feb 15, 2013
Hove
Not even slightly convincing.

It's up to you what you think. I said in the OP that I'm not a Brighton fan but live in the City which is true. I have written an article that has generated various opinions, some agree, some dont which is fair enough - I can understand all opinions. I think it's decent and well researched.

Just because you don't agree with it then you think I must be a Palace fan. If you want to believe that then do.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It's up to you what you think. I said in the OP that I'm not a Brighton fan but live in the City which is true. I have written an article that has generated various opinions, some agree, some dont which is fair enough - I can understand all opinions. I think it's decent and well researched.

Just because you don't agree with it then you think I must be a Palace fan. If you want to believe that then do.

I think it's time you gave up. Your last line gave it away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here