Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet SLAMMED by Abbott

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
This competition doesnt really bother fans until maybe the Southern Semi Final which is effectively the 1/4 final.

Any this Carlisle dude is still upset after getting humiliated in the final last year, both in the goals stake and the fans stake.

Yep, 24,000 fans doing a 600 mile trip on a Sunday when the trains aren't running on the mainline to watch a former premiership team in a tin pot trophy is humiliating.:tosser:

'Russ' Abbott is a prize clown, but he did have point on this occasion.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yep, 24,000 fans doing a 600 mile trip on a Sunday when the trains aren't running on the mainline to watch a former premiership team in a tin pot trophy is humiliating.:tosser:

'Russ' Abbott is a prize clown, but he did have point on this occasion.

How does he have a point? You had a great day out at Wembley I am sure, despite the result, but the season before we got to the Southern Final and we only stayed up on the last day of the season. We probably lost money from the JPT that year and had a number of extra games. To be honest, what Poyet does and says about the JPT is not really any of Abbott's business and it does strike me as an attempt to get his name in the newspaper by slagging off a high profile manager.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I had always assumed that the JPT was invented so that lower league clubs who would otherwise not have a cup run would have another bite at the cherry. It's a cynical (theoretically) money making exercise to extract yet more money from fans with a Wembley final as the carrot.

It assumes all fans are morons who will shuffle along to any half assed tin pot cup comp, it doesn't make any money unless your club win it and it devalues a Wembley final. Pointless. Gus got his timing wrong but in principal he is correct IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here