Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I would really just love some solid, had facts from the club. Please just tell me one way or another. My children are missing their dinner because of this.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I would really just love some solid, had facts from the club. Please just tell me one way or another. My children are missing their dinner because of this.

Gonna have my pizza on my lap in case I miss something---bit messy tho cos the chips keep falling on the floor:)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You should not rule out that people change their opinions and minds about decisions. Fact of life. Does not make him a liar

Unless something earthshaking has changed since he laid out his position, he cannot have meant what he said. He was lying. Assuming he goes of course, but that seems to me to be quite likely at this point.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Unless something earthshaking has changed since he laid out his position, he cannot have meant what he said. He was lying. Assuming he goes of course, but that seems to me to be quite likely at this point.

Nope. Never mind

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not even about Spain really. It's about technically gifted players and a technical passing game. It just so happens that you go to the continent for that.

I would like to think that even if Tony was not originally that way inclined, after seeing the development of the playing side over the last couple of seasons, he is now.

The way we (try to) play is the way you win. I am 100% convinced of that.

Olé España
If that were the case they'd be nothing stopping Tony from signing Dr Heinz Germanica as the new manager.

It can only be Spain or back to blighty.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another couple of days of nothing substantial in the news and this will be bigger than the Vicente Signs thread.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

If Gus goes, I'd give the job to Calde until the end of the season. I don't think I'm even joking, actually.

I'm not sure that's even possible - don't you have to have a certain level of coaching badge to be allowed to manage?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I'm not sad at all, I'm glad Ulloa.

Oh get over yourself, 4th > 7th

My take on this is that even though we are rivals, I think it would be a pretty crazy decision for him to leave. Reading are doomed to relegation and you have a shot at replacing them. Must be all about the evil dollar, sad but true.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
We all know he will leave sometime.

This is just really bad timing.

FFS Gus, tell Reading to do one, and take us up!!

That's what he should of done if he was focused on the job, he's now reported as wanting 24 hours to mull it over FFS!

If this is true and if I were Tony, I'd be lining up his replacement now, regardless of his final decision his days would be numbered.

8 Games to go and a real shot at a play off place and he's considering jumping ship? tells you everything you you need to know about the character of the man!

If this is true then Reading or whoever are welcome to him.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Interesting isn't it. If we had lost, say 2-0 on Sunday, half the people on this thread would have been offering to drive Gus up to Reading.

I just wish everybody would just chill a little. What will be, will be and life at the club will go on I'm sure.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

If he does decide stay then he should commit to seeing out his contract. I know commitment & football don't go hand in hand but I've had enough of Gus' name being thrown at every job. If he stays without committing then we get this scenario again in the summer, then the first sacking season before Xmas, then just after, and then this time next year. It's painful, disruptive and the club, and more to the point Tony Bloom, deserves alot better treatment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here