Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
But we still don't know much about the Zingarevich era, his pretty wife gets the same attention as his policies.

After that I just had to go to Google images and type in "Zingarevich wife".

Holy Moly! Check it out...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So folks, has he finished messing us around yet, or is he still 'mulling over' his offer from that very special football club? I've only just got in & can't face trawling through umpteen pages of stuff. Thanking y'all kindly in advance. :thumbsup:

No further developments.

Sergio Garcia

Jul 30, 2011
I know darned well that it's a dangerous moment to come on here as a Reading fan in all this, but you'll also know from my track record that I'm 105% in peace, in fact I even helped a permanent ban of a fellow Reading fan a ban on here when he caused problems for all of you back in Christmas 2011. I'm also a level-headed mod on Royals Rendezvous, the Reading forum (the friendly one I mean). I'm not overly enthusiastic about the poaching of any 'in work' manager whilst contracts are fully in force, we've - all fans - surely suffered there at some point in the past, just about every club. The Pardew business of a decade still rings badly amongst some Royals fans, and I hardly need to mention the other way round and 'Sir Steve'. In spite of all the press reports, I'm still not convinced that this supposed move is the first option for the club by any means; I understood that Adkins was the likely bet, at surface level he would seem to fit in better with the 'Reading' way. And what's the Reading way then? I think it's not playing the 'big club' syndrome, not buying big, using the academy system to good effect, managers working their way up or who were previously connected with the club, and a historical conscious. To many of us who well remember the club as a third and fourth tier side, the Chelski style is from another planet. As once said on here, the late 70s game when you bet us 3-2 at Elm park (old 3rd Div) was one of my favourite Reading FC memories of all time, despite us losing. Although Reading can hardly be described as the most exciting town in the South - ha-ha, I'll give you that - a good number of us are really decent fans, and the last thing we want is to create bitterness with yourselves for something that is out of our hands as fans. If Poyet's name has come so much to the surface I'd just ask you to consider it huge compliment for his track record in putting Brighton as an emerging name at/near the top of the footballing ladder, as indeed I'd class Reading too. I believe we both will be major players in the premier in 2020, so the last thing I want is for the fans as a whole to create animosity. But we still don't know much about the Zingarevich era, his pretty wife gets the same attention as his policies, and we don't know when the old owner Sir John Madejski (still officially chairman) will bow out. We want financial improvement but also discretion and not go for bust. As I said, it'll be much cleaner choosing from other 'candidates' but if this deal were to come off and any Reading fan came on gloating then he/she is no true football fan in my eyes.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Looks like the end & sooner rather than later. Odds eased yesterday but back in all day today 8/11, 8/13 now that bookie had gone 1/3...best price now 1/2 with many at 1/5, break out the cocoa it's only just past noon by the pool of the Sandy Lane

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Source inside club suggests he is on his way 'barring something surprising'. I remain positive.

That sounds like he's using the Reading contract & their reputed transfer millions to attempt to force The Albion's hand. Frankly, I hope Tony tells him where he can go if that's the situation.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I know darned well that it's a dangerous moment to come on here as a Reading fan in all this, but you'll also know from my track record that I'm 105% in peace, in fact I even helped a permanent ban of a fellow Reading fan a ban on here when he caused problems for all of you back in Christmas 2011. I'm also a level-headed mod on Royals Rendezvous, the Reading forum (the friendly one I mean). I'm not overly enthusiastic about the poaching of any 'in work' manager whilst contracts are fully in force, we've - all fans - surely suffered there at some point in the past, just about every club. The Pardew business of a decade still rings badly amongst some Royals fans, and I hardly need to mention the other way round and 'Sir Steve'. In spite of all the press reports, I'm still not convinced that this supposed move is the first option for the club by any means; I understood that Adkins was the likely bet, at surface level he would seem to fit in better with the 'Reading' way. And what's the Reading way then? I think it's not playing the 'big club' syndrome, not buying big, using the academy system to good effect, managers working their way up or who were previously connected with the club, and a historical conscious. To many of us who well remember the club as a third and fourth tier side, the Chelski style is from another planet. As once said on here, the late 70s game when you bet us 3-2 at Elm park (old 3rd Div) was one of my favourite Reading FC memories of all time, despite us losing. Although Reading can hardly be described as the most exciting town in the South - ha-ha, I'll give you that - a good number of us are really decent fans, and the last thing we want is to create bitterness with yourselves for something that is out of our hands as fans. If Poyet's name has come so much to the surface I'd just ask you to consider it huge compliment for his track record in putting Brighton as an emerging name at/near the top of the footballing ladder, as indeed I'd class Reading too. I believe we both will be major players in the premier in 2020, so the last thing I want is for the fans as a whole to create animosity. But we still don't know much about the Zingarevich era, his pretty wife gets the same attention as his policies, and we don't know when the old owner Sir John Madejski (still officially chairman) will bow out. We want financial improvement but also discretion and not go for bust. As I said, it'll be much cleaner choosing from other 'candidates' but if this deal were to come off and any Reading fan came on gloating then he/she is no true football fan in my eyes.

I didn't even attempt reading this! Any chance of a few paragraphs please?

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Gus now out to 10:1 on bet365

Adkins fave at 5:2

Do they know something we don't?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Latest update from my source - no movement of Gus expected, except maybe from his hotel room to the beach, board are contemplating issuing a statement quashing rumours too, though i wouldnt hold my breath about that.

No, it simply means people are putting money on Gus, thats all.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Having just googled 'Zingarevich wife', I can now see he's definitely going. The man himself is a dead-ringer for Abramovich. As close as Gus is going to get to his beloved Chelsea for a while.

Perhaps the former is testing him out for the latter to swoop in a short while?

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Where u looking? He's 1/3 on there...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here