Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The Chelsea bit is probably because Gus's ambition to manage there is very, very well known. Most fans would accept it is unlikely or be surprised if it happened.

But if he does go, I think we would come up with a more imaginative choice than Adkins. Tony Bloom took a calculated chance with Poyet, why not do it again.

whoever it is, needs to be fluent in Spanish, otherwise we are doomed!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely - however, you post your own OPINIONS with such ASSERTIVENESS - that's what I believe he was questioning...?

That's what NSC is all about. And I find I need to use such a tone to cut through the type of BUMGUFF exhibited throughout this PREMATURE JIZZfest.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Obviously you can't read - if he is not fully focussed and I wrote the word maybe. He could jump ship late August. Obviously I want him to stay but not if he does not have passion for the job.

Thanks for that i can read perfectly although your last post with its double negative doesnt read very well - having said that glad you want poyet to stay -leaving now would be very detrimental in my opinion. If he chose to leave in the summer or august it would not be as damaging. Lets hope he stays and gets up promoted.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's 4.10pm 21st March 2013 and still the BBC haven't picked up on this story?

Just saying!!

Because there is no story in reality. Everyone else is quoting betting odds as their the source for the speculation. SkyBet and SkySportsNews working beautifully in tandem. Why require a source for a story when you can start your own betting company, legally do whatever you want with the odds, then quote those odds to create a headline. Genius really.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
In much the same way that I don't KNOW that Gus isn't going to ST MIRREN, or to become new Director General of the BBC, or Prima Ballerina of the Bolshoi.

That which can be ASSERTED without evidence can be DISMISSED without evidence.

Agreed, but you still don't know either way do you? You said he WILL STAY. Surely given the speculation you acknowledge he may go? (To Reading, not to St Mirren or the Bolshoi).

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
The fact that you think Adkins is the answer to our prayers says all that there is to say about you.

Sorry what am I thinking. Only back to back promotions - and as a manager has one of the highest win rates in the country for the past 10 years.

:facepalm:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Sorry what am I thinking. Only back to back promotions - and as a manager has one of the highest win rates in the country for the past 10 years.

:facepalm:

the football is blooming awful though and take out Lambets goals they were pants

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
It's got nothing to do with 'us' as a club you tit. It's to do with what Poyet wants to do. Most Brighton fans think that Poyet is aiming too high too, but don't let that get in the way of your chance to bash Brighton will you?

And by the way - I was more questioning the fact that when this rumor started 90% of your fans we're saying how you are a bigger club than Reading. He wont go there etc....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps the delay is to allow Tony or Paul B to jet out the the WI to thrash it out with Gus?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Haha Chelsea? Do me a favor....

You guys think your so much bigger than you are.

On a serious note when he does go - apart from the bad timing and IF you get Atkins in you'll have the last laugh :(

Gus has played for Chelsea and Spurs at the highest level and has ambition to manage either club if the opportunity arises. Wurzel's two "big" clubs in his playing career on the other hand have been Wimbledon and QPR.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
the football is blooming awful though and take out Lambets goals they were pants

Idiotic statement. Dislike Adkins but I don't think his teams play bad football they just mix it up a lot more than we do + the Lambert thing is just pointless, take a top scorers goals out of any team and see where they'd be. (Ie, Van Persie for Man United this season)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And by the way - I was more questioning the fact that when this rumor started 90% of your fans we're saying how you are a bigger club than Reading. He wont go there etc....

To be fair its only the same as when Dougie jumped ship to Bolton with Palace fans saying it was a move to a smaller club.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Agreed, but you still don't know either way do you? You said he WILL STAY. Surely given the speculation you acknowledge he may go? (To Reading, not to St Mirren or the Bolshoi).

No. i acknowledge no such thing. It's not valid speculation (a bunch of half-rumours based on zip), and until such valid speculation arises I won't even entertain it as an option. In exactly the same way that I won't entertain GUS TO THE BOLSHOI as an option.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that, it's just that in this case I am correct.

Re: Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

As the real journalists retire( or get arrested) this new wave of media study graduates have no idea how to root out a story. They look at Twitter or betting odds and make a story around what they can copy. They really are hopeless! Oscar pistorius has more legs than this story!
(Future bouncing permission given)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports