Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Because there is no story in reality. Everyone else is quoting betting odds as their the source for the speculation. SkyBet and SkySportsNews working beautifully in tandem. Why require a source for a story when you can start your own betting company, legally do whatever you want with the odds, then quote those odds to create a headline. Genius really.

As has been said on here repeatedly - this really is the stuff of loopy conspiracy theorists.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Mirror has already linked us with Karl bloody Robinson... Imagine if we ended up with a manager like that, it would be like the Withdean years all over again.
I can't be doing with starting yet another new thread loosely linked to a new manager, so here goes for a sub-section:-

HOW INVESTED DO YOU THINK TONY BLOOM IS IN OUR SPANISH REVOLUTION?

Clearly it has the potential for being a silly question, considering TB pays the wages.

But without Gus and probably more importantly the last second signing of Vicente, I very much doubt Bruno, SD, Ulloa & Orlandi would be here.
Not to diminish Calde's efforts, but he was ticking along nicely as the sole Spaniard for quite a while.

To me at least, I could see how Tony's hand has been forced towards Spain, which so far has rewarded him handsomely, but might not necessarily be the direction Tony intended for HIS club.

In the very unlikely appointment of Karl (blooding) Robinson, Adkins and at least half the candidates, Tony would clearly be saying NO to Spain.

Or alternatively he fully embraces the whole revolution and will appoint a respected Spanish manager.

I know which option I'd prefer.

Olé España

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't be doing with starting yet another new thread loosely linked to a new manager, so here goes for a sub-section:-

Clearly it has the potential for being a silly question, considering TB pays the wages.

But without Gus and probably more importantly the last second signing of Vicente, I very much doubt Bruno, SD, Ulloa & Orlandi would be here.
Not to diminish Calde's efforts, but he was ticking along nicely as the sole Spaniard for quite a while.

To me at least, I could see how Tony's hand has been forced towards Spain, which so far has rewarded him handsomely, but might not necessarily be the direction Tony intended for HIS club.

In the very unlikely appointment of Karl (blooding) Robinson, Adkins and at least half the candidates, Tony would clearly be saying NO to Spain.

Or alternatively he fully embraces the whole revolution and will appoint a respected Spanish manager.

Olé España

So, it's Martinez then ?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Olé España

Great! He gets my 100% support for that! Out with boring Tippy Tappy, in with open attacking, entertaining football! Happy Days.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Olé España

It's not even about Spain really. It's about technically gifted players and a technical passing game. It just so happens that you go to the continent for that.

I would like to think that even if Tony was not originally that way inclined, after seeing the development of the playing side over the last couple of seasons, he is now.

The way we (try to) play is the way you win. I am 100% convinced of that.

Olé España

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
And your post moaning is riveting. We are discussing what's going on (or not) deal with it, thats NSC or any other online messageboard

That was the point of the ironic "...... oh". Sorry you didn't get it, but thanks for telling me about how message boards work. I hadn't understood that before.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So, it's Martinez then ?

I'd take that in a heartbeat, probably number 1 choice for me if he wasn't so damn committed to Wigan.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Can i remind all those obsessed with the odds at the bookies that we were favorites to sign Owen in the summer when over night the odds shortened massively. Small markets get moved by little trends and relatively small bets, if 10 of us put £100 each on Adkins via a couple of bookies you would see his odds crash.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I hope Tanno has at least tried to reason with Gus before he makes a stupid decision.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

I feel it's reached the stage where a strong statement needs to be issued to prevent confusion and reassure STH, other fans, staff and players.

If GP is going to stay them he needs to issue a statement indicating strong loyalty and a commitment to the current play off run in AND next season. Otherwise I think his authority has been compromised.

If he's going then the club should issue a very clear statement SOONER RATHER THAN LATER explaining the situation and what will happen with yhe coaching staff for the rest of this season. In that way there may be a small chance that the play offs could be kept on track and ticket sales high.

If this doesn't happen in the next 24 hours then too much damage will have been done and Poyet will lose credibility if he decides to stay and/or the club will lose fans respect if they let it drift.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET A GRIP...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
More like ask him to make sure he is in on the deal on a fat salary.

I would take it as a cert that Tanno would not want to step up as manager, as he's always said he doesn't want to be the manager of a team. I'd also be confident that as long as Reading are agreeable, he's go with Gus... should it happen, of course.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I feel it's reached the stage where a strong statement needs to be issued to prevent confusion and reassure STH, other fans, staff and players.

If GP is going to stay them he needs to issue a statement indicating strong loyalty and a commitment to the current play off run in AND next season. Otherwise I think his authority has been compromised.

If he's going then the club should issue a very clear statement SOONER RATHER THAN LATER explaining the situation and what will happen with yhe coaching staff for the rest of this season. In that way there may be a small chance that the play offs could be kept on track and ticket sales high.

If this doesn't happen in the next 24 hours then too much damage will have been done and Poyet will lose credibility if he decides to stay and/or the club will lose fans respect if they let it drift.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET A GRIP...

I'd certainly like to hear the club issue a statement saying they want to keep Gus. Who knows, he might like it too ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here