Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Done deal right? Broadsheets don't tend to publish articles like that without certainties, anyone else feel hard done by? Reading? Gutted.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Done deal right? Broadsheets don't tend to publish articles like that without certainties, anyone else feel hard done by? Reading? Gutted.

My feelings exactly. If it's true, that's our play-off push done for. Also, I can see him buying Bridcutt for them in the summer. This is going to be rubbish.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I hope you're right!

It doesn't mean Gus won't go. I'm just saying that Sam Wallace doesn't have any more insight than anyone else. He didn't even mention that Gus had gone to Barbados to think about the offer, which is the sort of detail you'd imagine he would have put in ...

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I'm worried, but I'm also pissed, so...

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
It seems as if all the arrows are pointing towards Gus joining us at the moment, the money is going to be the game changer I'm afraid. Has Gus never really had a massive budget with you guys?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

You'd be amazed. The Times apologised on Monday for running the "exclusive" story about Qatar trying to set up a £ multi-million bi-annual club tournament, not realising they were reporting a made-up story from a French website.

And was it a broadsheet that broke the story that Adkins was going to be sacked and replaced by Pochettino? No, it was the Mirror.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
No, he hasn't, but no disrespect to you or your club but he's always said 'I'll only go to a big club in the premier' that's not Reading, personally if he goes I'll feel a little cheated.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Well, all the 'Poyet in or out" twats will be happy. If it happens.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It seems as if all the arrows are pointing towards Gus joining us at the moment, the money is going to be the game changer I'm afraid. Has Gus never really had a massive budget with you guys?
so Gus is going to Redditch because otherwise they're going to shoot him with arrows, it all makes sense now

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I thought managing meant just that and budget constraints were a part of managing.
It would seem that Poyet wants whoever the chairman is to buy any player he wants at any price no questions asked.
That to me seems more like making demands than management.
So it would have to be a club with a big bank roll for him to be able to operate in this way, a rich Russian/Arab for example.
Only time will tell if it pays off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What is it with these chuffing tinpot clubs like Reading and Norwich? When we were bumping along the bottom at Withdean we lost Sidwell and Coppell to Reading. We finally start to regain some momentum and effing Norwich come poaching a couple of key players and now the Reading ***** are at it again. Don't these mickey mouse outfits know how to run their pigging clubs without our help ffs?

I love what Gus has done for us but if he goes to Reading I'll wish the whole club nothing but bad times. It is looking more likely that he's going but we'll progress with or without him as Palace did when Dougie peed off to Bolton. Our biggest problem will be hanging on to our Spanish contingent-unless Tony Bloom already has somebody lined up to keep them all happy.

Reading though! Poxy chuffing Reading-that is something very special indeed.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I thought managing meant just that and budget constraints were a part of managing.
It would seem that Poyet wants whoever the chairman is to buy any player he wants at any price no questions asked.
That to me seems more like making demands than management.
So it would have to be a club with a big bank roll for him to be able to operate in this way, a rich Russian/Arab for example.
Only time will tell if it pays off.

And that is the crux of it. If any manager like Mancini or Wenger has a massive budget to buy the cream of talent, then he's not a real manager. He's just buying talent.

With Financial Fair Play coming into effect, the free spending ways will be curtailed and those who work with budgets, nurture talent from youth / younger players (our new academy for example) and get the team performing on a regular basis is way better in my estimation. Poyet can bitch all he likes about not receiving the massive budgets other clubs seem to have, but I want a stable football club, not the likes of Pompey or Blackburn and if it means staying in the Championship for another year or two, I'd be happy with that.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And that is the crux of it. If any manager like Mancini or Wenger has a massive budget to buy the cream of talent, then he's not a real manager. He's just buying talent.

With Financial Fair Play coming into effect, the free spending ways will be curtailed and those who work with budgets, nurture talent from youth / younger players (our new academy for example) and get the team performing on a regular basis is way better in my estimation. Poyet can bitch all he likes about not receiving the massive budgets other clubs seem to have, but I want a stable football club, not the likes of Pompey or Blackburn and if it means staying in the Championship for another year or two, I'd be happy with that.

I'm not sure I'm happy about staying in the Championship another year or two because we'll lose some of the momentum we've been building since moving into The Amex but of course you are right. A financially stable club is more important than spunking money whenever the manager feels he needs new players.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Why have they increased the amount of the parachute payments? It seems to go against the financial fair play rules as it means a club like Reading will be able to spend big again once they come down.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why have they increased the amount of the parachute payments? It seems to go against the financial fair play rules as it means a club like Reading will be able to spend big again once they come down.

Parachutes are increasing in line with the massive hike that all clubs are getting as a result of the improved Sky deal which starts next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports