Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet frustrated by loan striker search from Argus paper

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The guy is a serial licker. Never has an objective view of anyone connected with the Club.

And you do?

What is it you want exactly? What's the point bringing someone in just in for the sake of it? Sounds like they're either good enough but unavailable or available and shit. What exactly do you suggest?

If you say you want Gus to shut up about Chelsea you only prove my point. He has time off like everyone, let him be a pundit. This may shock you, but he's not the only person at brighton working on getting someone in you know.

"Why did he go to bed last might? He should be ringing round 24/7 trying to get someone in!" :facepalm:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You are always the same.

Adams gets a slagging, you are right there defending him. People could see he was destroying the Club, but not you.

You never have a bad word to say about anyone connected with the Club, and just hang on in there with your little clique. Not an original thought between you.

The real tragedy is - you really believe that, don't you? You know 1% of what I think, and make the rest up.

Still, I ought to take this as a (slightly scary) compliment - it means you spend time thinking about me, which is far more than I could say about you.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On the right player.

Please don't tell me you're going down the road of "... let's take a gamble, spend the money and see if it gets us to the Premiership..."

I'm not saying you said that directly, but it's the prevalent attitude among many. Gus is given a budget - a certain amount to spend. If he can't afford a player, he doesn't get him - it's that simple.

As for the comment about being on the phone - do you really feel Gus the only person sorting this of thing out? He does have a team of people working on this.

I haven't mentioned anything about anyone being on the phone or not.

My view is simply this and nothing more : that unless we get an experienced loan signing in, or get very lucky with Ashley Barnes not having his ban extended further, then the season is over and we'll sink to mid table.

I suppose I'll get another condescending facepalm for that.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

My view is simply this and nothing more : that unless we get an experienced loan signing in, or get very lucky with Ashley Barnes not having his ban extended further, then the season is over and we'll sink to mid table.

But you are writing this in a manner which assumes Ulloa won't be playing all the time. We are looking for BACKUP, not a #1 striker.

I think the facepalm was from the, frankly ridiculous statement of, "we've given up on the playoffs" or words to that effect. Yeah, let's give up. 1 point is just TOO MUCH to make up.

Cancel Sunday.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Those Antidepressants not kicked-in yet, Porkie? You are taking 'em via your mouth, aren't you?!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But you are writing this in a manner which assumes Ulloa won't be playing all the time. We are looking for BACKUP, not a #1 striker.

I think the facepalm was from the, frankly ridiculous statement of, "we've given up on the playoffs" or words to that effect. Yeah, let's give up. 1 point is just TOO MUCH to make up.

Cancel Sunday.

OK I may have the pessimistic view that Leo will not be available for all our matches. The problem is that the loan window does actually shut, so if he gets crocked after it does, then we really are finished.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Quite right. Sorry about that.

You don't know that we'll 'sink to mid-table'. You're offering opinion as fact - I'd say that's pretty condescending.

We have players from every position capable of scoring. Not getting this striker in doesn't mean we can't or won't score, it means our back-up is limited - a bit like having a sub's bench without a goalkeeper.

You can write the season off if you wish - I still see plenty of quality out there.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

You don't know that we'll 'sink to mid-table'. You're offering opinion as fact - I'd say that's pretty condescending.

We have players from every position capable of scoring. Not getting this striker in doesn't mean we can't or won't score, it means our back-up is limited - a bit like having a sub's bench without a goalkeeper.

You can write the season off if you wish - I still see plenty of quality out there.

Of course what I write is an opinion. At no stage did I say it was fact I cannot see the future.

Actually you've used this opinion as fact thing a lot when putting other posters down in the past.

For future reference : EVERYTHING I SAY IS AN OPINION

Clear?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

But he's entitled to his view isent he

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Am I the only one that would actually rather Barker (or even Toby) come on for the last 20 minutes, rather than some loanee that doesn't know the club, and our style of play? Reports of Barkers short run out in the week where along the lines of "lots of energy", "looked hungry", and had a decent effort. I imagine he'd be PUMPED to come on against Palace. Sure he's not a World beater, but then neither would the loanee, otherwise they'd be playing for their own club.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Am I the only one that would actually rather Barker (or even Toby) come on for the last 20 minutes, rather than some loanee that doesn't know the club, and our style of play? Reports of Barkers short run out in the week where along the lines of "lots of energy", "looked hungry", and had a decent effort. I imagine he'd be PUMPED to come on against Palace. Sure he's not a World beater, but then neither would a loanee, otherwise they'd be playing for their own club.

Quite. I'd rather a someone from the DS, who has been trained to play our system.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Am I the only one that would actually rather Barker (or even Toby) come on for the last 20 minutes, rather than some loanee that doesn't know the club, and our style of play? Reports of Barkers short run out in the week where along the lines of "lots of energy", "looked hungry", and had a decent effort. I imagine he'd be PUMPED to come on against Palace. Sure he's not a World beater, but then neither would a loanee, otherwise they'd be playing for their own club.

There were 4...now there is one...problem becomes if leo gets injured....

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
why wont Gus take a gamble with someone

1) We don't know that he is not prepared to take a gamble. We know from that article that he is being frustrated by strikers not wanting to leave the subs' bench at their current clubs. That's a different issue to him not being prepared to take a punt on someone.

2) It's not Gus' money that we would be gambling, if we were to sign somebody, it's TB's.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Of course what I write is an opinion. At no stage did I say it was fact I cannot see the future.

Actually you've used this opinion as fact thing a lot when putting other posters down in the past.

For future reference : EVERYTHING I SAY IS AN OPINION

Clear?

Crystal.

My apologies if you feel offering an alternative, more positive outlook is 'putting posters down'.

But he's entitled to his view isent he

Indeed he is, and I'm entitled to mine. I've never said he isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here