Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet frustrated by loan striker search from Argus paper

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Certainly the case to look for the "right" player or none at all. However, should Ulloa get injured the "right" player becomes different. I guess the stumbling block is the likelihood of any incoming player getting starts. Personally, 1 up top suits me fine, especially if we can utilise the attacking MF's. Vicente in a free role, if fit, is essential.

Last edited:

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Looks like we are not prepared to spend the cash required, so have written off this season.

Bad luck that we have 3 of our 4 strikers out, and that we loaned out a 5th to Palace.

May as well get Dickensen back from loan once his 28 days is up and give him some game time.

Mid table it will be, and try again next year in an even stronger league.

I have a feeling that if the last 3 games had given us more than 1 point and we were in the playoffs, the club would have gambled and offered more money for the loan striker.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Do one fat boy! You are the one devoid of original thought, who cannot do anything but lick Poyet and anyone at the Club's arse. They are not perfect you know?

Ahh, the traditional "you're a poyet licker" argument if you disagree with a prolific tedious moaner. How original. Irony overload.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Personally I am reassured that he is not going to bring anyone just for the sake of it. It's a real pain, but we will just have to make do with what we have. Ulloa, Orlandi and Lopez are all in reasonable scoring form, Buckley and Kaz can also chip in with a goal or two, and Toby and barker may well have an opportunity to make a name for themselves. Also there is always Vicente.

There are goals in this squad as it stands, but the team have to step up and give Leo some support.

One of the more sensible posts - Thanks.

I would love to see either Barker or Toby get a chance and grasp it to become a regular 1st team squad member. That is surely what we want from a Development squad. (there is a clue in the name!) or is it just to bring on talent to loan/sell to league 1 or league 2 clubs?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The guy is a serial licker. Never has an objective view of anyone connected with the Club.

So, now that you are treating us to an in-depth breakdown of your labelling, what would you call someone who always has a negative view of anyone connected with the club?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The guy is a serial licker.

What's a 'serial licker'? You may have to define it, because to me it has absolutely no meaning. It might to the truly stupid, but then I don't inhabit your cererbal gutter.

Never has an objective view of anyone connected with the Club.

I don't think brightonrock is the only one experiencing irony overload.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
One of the more sensible posts - Thanks.

I would love to see either Barker or Toby get a chance and grasp it to become a regular 1st team squad member. That is surely what we want from a Development squad. (there is a clue in the name!) or is it just to bring on talent to loan/sell to league 1 or league 2 clubs?

So goodbye playoff hopes it is then.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I hope our bad luck with injuries and suspensions isn't used as an excuse to write off the rest of this season. I'd like to see us show some character, starting on Sunday at 12pm. A seige mentality. Let's show some fight and desire.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So we are prepared to spend the cash?

On the right player.

Please don't tell me you're going down the road of "... let's take a gamble, spend the money and see if it gets us to the Premiership..."

I'm not saying you said that directly, but it's the prevalent attitude among many. Gus is given a budget - a certain amount to spend. If he can't afford a player, he doesn't get him - it's that simple.

As for the comment about being on the phone - do you really feel Gus the only person sorting this of thing out? He does have a team of people working on this.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
What's a 'serial licker'? You may have to define it, because to me it has absolutely no meaning. It might to the truly stupid, but then I don't inhabit your cererbal gutter.

I don't think brightonrock is the only experiencing irony overload.

You are always the same.

Adams gets a slagging, you are right there defending him. People could see he was destroying the Club, but not you.

You never have a bad word to say about anyone connected with the Club, and just hang on in there with your little clique. Not an original thought between you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here