Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter’s Subs Today

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I didn’t think we were that negative?

Mooy should have scored in the first few minutes and Trossard should have scored when he was through on goal midway through the first half. But again when they scored, we allowed them to get on top of us, just like they did at Bournemouth.

We came out the second half wanting it and we got the goal, then they scored and again they were on top, the substitutions changed the game and we got the goal and had belief and if there was going to be a winner it would have been us.

Let’s hope they take that belief into the Watford game!

Ok, maybe negative is not quite the right word. Just too cautious, careful, doing all the right things ( on the whole) but just lacking in that necessary oomph and forward drive. There seemed to be an overall feeling of nervousness and lack of belief. Or maybe that was just me.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great that subs payed of but what about explanation how poor we defended for 70mins. What happened summed up why football is such a great game.Happens so often side losing pulls a goal back and side winning loses plot .Panic sets in and just concentrates on trying to defend lead

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
GPs changes were genius as far as I’m concerned. Completely changed the flow of the game, and WH were hanging on by the end (if only Trossard squared it for Murray..).

Everyone was critical of the subs, even the commentary, yet they turned everything on it’s heard. Solly has to be pushing for a starting place now.

Well played gaffer.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I thought “here we have two players coming on who will not change the game” that’s why I’m not the manager. They gave us width, quality and forward momentum. Huge success.

Everyone around me at the game including me was WTF with those subs but it totally changed the game so what do I know also they took off their best player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Roll, roll, roll the ball running out of steam
Merrily, merrily, it crossed the line,
Pascal’s poke - was it just a dream? :drink:

Someone's in need of dry February. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will anyone be entirely surprised if Button starts warming up at about 7pm, next Saturday?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Was surprised subs not made at half time Never understood why so often Manager sees best chance of creating a goal when losing is to introduce width and yet happy to play for 70mins each game without

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was surprised subs not made at half time Never understood why so often Manager sees best chance of creating a goal when losing is to introduce width and yet happy to play for 70mins each game without

GPott probably wanted Antonio off the pitch before unleashing El Greyhoundo.

But what do I know, I was saying he should have bought on Button and Ali J.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here