Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter’s Subs Today

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Oh, the joys of NSC on a matchday:-

3:46 pm:
**** off potter you useless ****! Your taking us down!
At least we could defend last year!!

3:53 pm:
No faith in the gormless t.wat! Just a lower league yes man!!

4:02 pm:
No changes at hall time from the clueless p.rick!

4:25 pm:
So the clueless clown does is his usual change the full back!! ****in ridiculous!

6:21 pm:
The subs worked and I have no idea why! Well done GP for seeing something that fee others did!!

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
I think we got very, very lucky today. Probably have been due some good luck but I think we drew more by good luck than judgement and West Ham throwing it away. Still not convinced with Potter

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Antonio coming off was a factor in our right side becoming more threatening

Twitter seems to be suggesting Manukau coming on is what swung the game in our favour.

Touch of the Dale Stephens about him in the eyes of their fanbase.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No disrespect to The Greyhound, he was amazing when he came on, but can you imagine the damage the new lad Lamptey would have caused them if he came on ?

Lamptey, Alzate, Bearded manchild, Ali J., More Pie . . . . there is a whole, a whole load of possibilities here. :drool::rave:punk:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think we got very, very lucky today. Probably have been due some good luck but I think we drew more by good luck than judgement and West Ham throwing it away. Still not convinced with Potter

You don't get 3 goals away at wet sham by luck :facepalm:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The majority of managers would have brought on two strikers. He definitely showed some thoughtfulness and tactical awareness that the average spectator (me included) does not see.

Exactly. Reading the posts at half time as to his apparent stupidity ( to be fair, we were largely poor, and coming after Bournemouth) and now he shows just what he does know about tactics. We need to trust rather more and not just momentarily jump to conclusions.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why? Are West Ham particularly prone to avoiding bad luck? Let’s be honest: the first and second goals were lucky, but then so were both by Snodgrass; the deflections taking away from what would have been routine saves for Ryan.,

Sorry. You're right. We're shit and we're going down. Potter OUT!!!!

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We scored a goal today where the ball crossed the line so slowly, Groß could have caught up to it!!

That's because Graham Potter controls Time. :shrug:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The reason why the substitutions worked today (in my very humble opinion) is because up until then we'd been floundering around in a thick fug of negativity, and Schelotto and March shook things up and injected the team with some much needed pace and enthusiasm. I really believe that 90% of the team's performances has to do with what's going on in their heads, and that ours is a much better team than they'd have you believe.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The master plan was to lull everyone into a false sense of security and then give it to them in the last quarter. Genius. Looking forward to giving it to teams a bit more in the other three quarters.
If they can dig in and get results like this then it does give me a bit of hope.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Everyone around us were in total disbelief thinking he had lost the plot
At the end of the game everyone stood to applaud the team and especially the manager fair play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The reason why the substitutions worked today (in my very humble opinion) is because up until then we'd been floundering around in a thick fug of negativity, and Schelotto and March shook things up and injected the team with some much needed pace and enthusiasm. I really believe that 90% of the team's performances has to do with what's going on in their heads, and that ours is a much better team than they'd have you believe.

I didn’t think we were that negative?

Mooy should have scored in the first few minutes and Trossard should have scored when he was through on goal midway through the first half. But again when they scored, we allowed them to get on top of us, just like they did at Bournemouth.

We came out the second half wanting it and we got the goal, then they scored and again they were on top, the substitutions changed the game and we got the goal and had belief and if there was going to be a winner it would have been us.

Let’s hope they take that belief into the Watford game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here