[Football] Potter to West Ham?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I was talking to a Palace fan this morning and he said he expected Potter to be unveiled as their manager either later today or later in the week (I can't remember which he said).

Make of that what you will.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can't wait until Potter and the West Ham massive experience a repeat of our club-record 14 home games without a victory under Potter with one solitary win at the Amex in the calendar year of 2020!

Yep we had a period where are last 3 home wins were one in 2019, one in 2020, one in 2021. That is shocking by any standard.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Well yes, like I say, West Ham youth situation seems to be good. Though they've not bought someone through for a long time. Not since Rice. Johnson is playing a bit I suppose. I'm not sure their fan base have the patience, though i'm sure they like the idea.

As for Zouma, Wash your mouth out comparing our fine captain with that cat kicking prick.

🤔 I’m talking about football.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Will he want to move from Hove though? It’s c70 miles to Romford.

Unless we see another glow up with Chigwell Potter, don’t ask him to pronounce sheesh though

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I was talking to a Palace fan this morning and he said he expected Potter to be unveiled as their manager either later today or later in the week (I can't remember which he said).

Did he look like this?

Attachments

• palace.jpg
    palace.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 32

SAC

May 21, 2014
I thought the reason why Potter isn't interested in taking on a new job is that he's still being paid so handsomely by Chelsea, which could end if he takes another job?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought the reason why Potter isn't interested in taking on a new job is that he's still being paid so handsomely by Chelsea, which could end if he takes another job?
We can only speculate about his pay off arrangements but presumably he wants to get back into football before he’s forgotten about.

A contract of similar length and £ to what remains in his Chelsea pay off deal should suffice, or substantially less given his disaster at Chelsea.

I suspect he wants to build up a nice pile of cash before going anywhere. I wonder what’s happening to his former back room team and their employment prospects without him.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This one has legs. Good fit for both club and Potter.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Ask yourself, if Potter would stop taking Chelsea money, or refund some of to take this job.
No, me neither, snake eyes !!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

There were a lot of rumours after a cabbie posted that he had picked up Bright and Potter shortly after the Arsenal game.
Palace fans assumed this meant it was a done deal, rather than just a meeting between a club representative and prospective manager.

Potter was later seen at a Villa game and little else has been mentioned of the Palace "deal".

Pretty sure Potter is just reviewing his options and probably considering whether he wants the England job in the summer.
He'll end up somewhere, but he will have better offers than Palace.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
We can only speculate about his pay off arrangements but presumably he wants to get back into football before he’s forgotten about.

A contract of similar length and £ to what remains in his Chelsea pay off deal should suffice, or substantially less given his disaster at Chelsea.

I suspect he wants to build up a nice pile of cash before going anywhere. I wonder what’s happening to his former back room team and their employment prospects without him.
I've heard he's quite happy with the pile of cash he's already accumulated and, as others have alluded to on here, moving from Hove is a bigger hurdle to his return to management than anything else...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I would be amazed if Potter took the Palace job. I think West Ham is more likely, but my hunch is that he will probably wait until the summer when there are going to be some obvious managerial changes that might free up some more interesting potential jobs for him.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I would be amazed if Potter took the Palace job. I think West Ham is more likely, but my hunch is that he will probably wait until the summer when there are going to be some obvious managerial changes that might free up some more interesting potential jobs for him.
Ordinarily I agree however noone saw his snake like exit to Chelsea so who knows with that charlatan and his merry men

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I think ppl need to calm down a bit with the Potter-bashing and ridiculing. I’m not coming from a place of sympathy or gratitude or anything like that, because it’s kinda just a game and also they make a killing and he f***ed off to Chelsea when it just clicked for us and tore out the heart of the team…but he did help turn us in to the coolest team in the league with a great bunch of players. Everyone wanted to be a Brighton fan. Even Palace (Zaha) was commenting how progressive we were, and now their fans want a turn on the Potters wheel.

Potter at West Ham would be a wonderful revolution of the Potters wheel.

I agree this was bleak but whenever it was bad I just remember CH playing two left backs in a bid to hang on to a 0-1 defeat at home. This winless run was, in part, due to an abysmal option of strikers. Wasn’t Maups and our “NeW RoOnEY £50m kid” that everyone was creaming our main men?
The barn door hobbits

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

As Palace's manager? What was he smoking when he said it?

As for Potter at West ham, he'd do annoyingly well there I think.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Supposed to be a year pay off.

Anyway West Ham job is for the summer unless they make a complete collapse which is fairly realistic given they are in a very false league position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports