Your thoughts towards Graham Potter

• Thank you

Votes: 349 60.0%
  • **** you

Votes: 233 40.0%

• Total voters

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Nah I'm not having it. Managers haven't got the same excuse as players "careers are short and you don't know when you'll get another chance like this". He is an amazing manager who will IMO always have the pick of the bunch. Stitching us up six games in to go and manage that total shitstorm up the road baffles me.

Thinking that Chelsea have somehow turned over a new leaf and he won't be out on his arse after a bad run or two seems naïve in the extreme!

Bang. On.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It was great while it lasted. In some ways it raises our profile and illustrates what talent we have both on the off the pitch.

Pity it’s Chelsea. Their contingent of plastic fans won’t appreciate what they have got.

But we get £20m. Doesn’t sound much in football terms but it’s huge for a manager.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It has to be a massive thank you. He's leaving us 4th in the premier league. The new manager can start knowing he only needs to take 27 points this season.
It will give him breathing space to lay his foundations.

I know everyone is upset at losing him, but "**** you" would be an outrageously ungrateful sentiment to hold. It would prove all those people right who said brighton fans were fickle when he got booed last year. I think anyone who has enjoyed Potter's reign can appreciate that he has brought his emotional intelligence to the role and probably taught most of us a few things about it. If you really do feel like "**** you" then sadly emotional intelligence is obviously a concept lost on you.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At the end of the day, if we don't promote from within or appoint a manager out of work, we're going to be doing exactly the same as Chelsea to another team with a good up and coming manager...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Thankyou. Come again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It has to be a massive thank you. He's leaving us 4th in the premier league. The new manager can start knowing he only needs to take 27 points this season.
It will give him breathing space to lay his foundations.

I know everyone is upset at losing him, but "**** you" would be an outrageously ungrateful sentiment to hold. It would prove all those people right who said brighton fans were fickle when he got booed last yeah. I think anyone who has enjoyed Potter's reign can appreciate that he has brought his emotional intelligence to the role and probably taught most of us a few things about it. If you really do feel like "**** you" then sadly emotional intelligence is obviously a concept lost on you.

Ikm not going with **** you….but please don’t use the booing example…it was say fifty at most.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Proves yet again its all about the green, and not "the project" (IMO) despite what players and managers say.
Very disappointing to see this all happen so quickly, & out of the blue...for us anyway. Its leaving a very bitter taste in the mouth at how the fans are being screwed.
Im sure TB & PB will just get on with things as its part of the business, but the fans have every right to be pissed off the way this has all come about.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Ikm not going with **** you….but please don’t use the booing example…it was say fifty at most.

We all know it was small minority that booed. And I'm not saying you can't be upset or disappointed, because it s disappointing to lose him. I'm just saying that people shouldn't be "**** you" as that would be ungrateful and fickle.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Thank you obviously, for the footbal we have witness.

I have no bad feelings towards him, like Hughton.

It was always going to happen, just the timing is a bit sh1t.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The sensible pragmatist in me says Thank you Graham Potter. You’ve done a brilliant job, all the best for your future

The immature jilted lover side of me wants you sacked from Chelsea ASAP and back managing in some obscure, windswept outpost where you can go to bed every night crying that you left me, I mean us, like this.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
I will be interested to watch his progress, but will have no desire whatsoever to see him succeed. May enjoy it a little too much if he fails. Am grateful for what he achieved here.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Assuming it is a done deal that he's gone then it's more likely f**k you now and a hope that he gets the tin tack before Christmas. Before today I'd have thanked him for allowing me to fall back in love with watching the albion but that's kind of ruined now by the timing of his impending departure.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Definitely f you right now, especially if he takes most of the coaching and recruitment teams with him and then comes back for our best players in January.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Has to be a thank you, yeah there's been frustrating times, but overall it's been an absolute pleasure to watch the team develop under him to where they are now.

I really thought when he talked to Spurs and then turned them down that we were onto building something very special, there was a bit of loyalty, but actually he's off as soon as the first proper rich club comes along. Just disappointed that we didn't have the chance to see where this would go. Thought this season was going to be special.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have to say thank you for giving us some of the best football I have seen watching Brighton.

It was going to happen at some time but it would have been great if we had got through this season and we would have seen his full potential.

I am surprised , I thought the guy was genuine and humble but what he proved is like all (99%) of us he's human and the lure of more money, CL football, a chance at the FA cup and top four proved too much.

So like Dan Ashworth he is now consigned to our history and hopefully soon forgotten when the new king arrives and outshines him.

UTA

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It’ll be a thank you to Potter, a f##k you to Chelsea, he’s too good for that bunch of knuckle draggers. They’ll chew him up and spit him out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here