Your thoughts towards Graham Potter

• Thank you

Votes: 349 60.0%
  • **** you

Votes: 233 40.0%

• Total voters

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Sadly it's the latter from me. He would have been a hero up and down the land, especially after this weeks events had he stayed here and finished what he'd started. Other clubs fans would have loved the fact he turned Chelsea down.
Money has totally corrupted peoples morals in football.
I'd love to be wishing him well but ..........

Are you suggesting he has only gone to Chelsea for the money? Nothing to do with the fact that they are one of the biggest clubs in Europe with some of the best talent in world football. FWIW I hope he wins everything with them & stays there for years to come. At least then we can marvel at the fact he was once our manager and that we can take some of the credit. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Are you suggesting he has only gone to Chelsea for the money? Nothing to do with the fact that they are one of the biggest clubs in Europe with some of the best talent in world football. FWIW I hope he wins everything with them & stays there for years to come. At least then we can marvel at the fact he was once our manager and that we can take some of the credit. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually wish I was that generous spirited but I'm not. I want him and his gang to have it explode in their face in spectacular and rapid style. They can then sit counting all their money but with a realisation that grass was not greener. For all the expertise in emotional intelligence surely Potter could have seen that the worst ' big club ' move was Chelsea. Proof positive that money can disengage your common sense.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I actually wish I was that generous spirited but I'm not. I want him and his gang to have it explode in their face in spectacular and rapid style. They can then sit counting all their money but with a realisation that grass was not greener. For all the expertise in emotional intelligence surely Potter could have seen that the worst ' big club ' move was Chelsea. Proof positive that money can disengage your common sense.

Potter has lived a fairly sheltered managerial life up til now. He won't know what's hit him at Chelsea. It'll be brutal. When the inevitable happens and he suffers the fate of every Chelsea manager, doubtless about a year or so from now, he may well relish taking a huge amount of time out to lick his wounds, count his money and spend time with his family. Who wouldn't?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Each to their own but I can’t believe people are so anti Potter here. Did a magnificent job with us, turned down Spurs, and finally left to take one of the biggest jobs in Europe. Yes Chelsea are in a bit of a state but that’s why the job is available. It’s a life changing amount of money for him as well as a career changing and defining opportunity to establish himself at the very highest table. Could easily go wrong, but I can’t find it within myself to blame him for having a crack at it. I would if I was him.

I don’t blame him for taking the job. However I do blame him for the way he’s gone about it and the chaos he’s left behind.

I’m making the assumption the compensation clause in his contract was similar to a buy out clause for a player. Meaning the club were powerless to stop or delay it.

I hope he fails spectacularly.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I hope Chelsea win absolutely nothing and it all goes belly up for Potter & Co, they may think back to their time with the Albion and realise what they had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here