• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not according to Naylor

Not seen that, only read this

Graham Potter’s Brighton salary compared to Thomas Tuchel

As per a report from The Sun, which was published in May and claims to reveal the salaries of all 20 Premier League managers, Potter earned a yearly salary of in the region of £2 million at the Amex Stadium.

That ranked him just above the bottom three in the league’s list of manager pay at the end of the 2021/22 season.

Meanwhile, Thomas Tuchel was ranked ten places higher in seventh, with a reported annual salary of £7 million at Chelsea.

Chelsea are understood to have paid £15m in compensation to land Potter, with Tuchel being given around £7m following his sacking.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Thank you of course, how can it not be.

He's done a fantastic job and today was inevitable.

If fans hate our best people being poached, then support one of the top teams.

I am supporting one of the top teams! They are called Brighton can't wait to get the new management team in. It was a good start under Potter but the real show starts wioth the new manager :albion2:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Another observation from a personal point of view.
I really don't know why some people are blaming Chelsea its Potter who chose to leave. I was getting pissed off every time his name was linked to xyz, it was becoming quite stressy to be honest.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My thoughts prior to hearing who had left with him my view was thank you and good luck after reading departing with him was Bruno and Ben Roberts both of whom were here before GP and only left as he had offered them posts my view changed to What a Snake in the grass GP turned out to be.

A day of reflection plus the death of the Queen it’s timing and international break means the club has a while to find a replacement combined with the list of candidates names on NSC gives me hope that out of this might come some good which in turn has softened my view of GP and yesterday’s events which has improved from what a Snake in the grass to what a slow worm in the grass GP is.

I am however still a little concerned about the club’s financial situation after player sales and some purchases plus compensation for GP the club must be in one of two positions either cash rich and looking to splash the cash on the right players or is TB wanting some of his investment repaid, now I clearly don’t have any inside information but if the cost of living is affecting all of us then I assume it’s the same for TB

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Gus Poyet and Graham Potter, have a lot more in common than just their intials.
One just did things publicly and not sneakily behind the scenes, like the other.
I hope they crash and burn.
One has already, but the other GP will succumb to believing the hype as well.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Its a massive....FCK OFF.....from me.
There are ways of doing things and it leaves me with a very sour taste. On a day when we lost our ruler, who, for her whole life, was selfless, humble, generous and dignified and the finest representative a nation could ever wish for, football rears its ugly self-centred head again and as usual, never fails to disappoint.
I hope he gets off to a slow start as he did at Swansea and Brighton. Then he can have a dose of the most self-entitled, arrogant fanbase in football and it won't be a few disappointed boos, after another failure to score, that ruffled his sensitive feathers so much but a tsunami from around the globe.
It will end in tears. It always does at that clusterfck of a club. Its amateur hour at the Bridge and the auditions don't last long.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Its a massive....FCK OFF.....from me.
There are ways of doing things and it leaves me with a very sour taste. On a day when we lost our ruler, who, for her whole life, was selfless, humble, generous and dignified and the finest representative a nation could ever wish for, football rears its ugly self-centred head again and as usual, never fails to disappoint.
I hope he gets off to a slow start as he did at Swansea and Brighton. Then he can have a dose of the most self-entitled, arrogant fanbase in football and it won't be a few disappointed boos, after another failure to score, that ruffled his sensitive feathers so much but a tsunami from around the globe.
It will end in tears. It always does at that clusterfck of a club. Its amateur hour at the Bridge and the auditions don't last long.

Quote of the month for me. Totally agree Mo.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Could someone who sits near the dugout present him with the kitchen sink when Chelsea come down. He must have forgotten it.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Sadly it's the latter from me. He would have been a hero up and down the land, especially after this weeks events had he stayed here and finished what he'd started. Other clubs fans would have loved the fact he turned Chelsea down.
Money has totally corrupted peoples morals in football.
I'd love to be wishing him well but ..........

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
You have to wish Potter the best - he has done a good job at Brighton and he deserves an opportunity to manage a club with £billions behind it (given that there are quite a few of them out there now).

Time will tell if he is up to the task.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I always thought he was a bit suspicious tbh..

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There are a lot of vindictive people in this place.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
You have to wish Potter the best - he has done a good job at Brighton and he deserves an opportunity to manage a club with £billions behind it (given that there are quite a few of them out there now).

Time will tell if he is up to the task.

Erm, no you don't "have to" at all.

I don't.

Like I said before, my ex-wife screwed me over and when she got the same treatment from her second husband some 10 years later, I was happy that the b1tch got some payback for the hurt she caused me and our daughter (which she abandoned at 3 years old).

Potter getting sacked before the seasons end would be retribution imo.

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
Each to their own but I can’t believe people are so anti Potter here. Did a magnificent job with us, turned down Spurs, and finally left to take one of the biggest jobs in Europe. Yes Chelsea are in a bit of a state but that’s why the job is available. It’s a life changing amount of money for him as well as a career changing and defining opportunity to establish himself at the very highest table. Could easily go wrong, but I can’t find it within myself to blame him for having a crack at it. I would if I was him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here