Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Christ almighty, have you seen the shit people waste their lives banging on about on here, or posting about, and yet people still have issues with people having issues with Potter. It beggars belief that anyone would even question it. Do you have issues with the sad fuckers who still post on the Wordle thread in 2023 or the infinite juke box or any number of other crap on here? It's a football forum and a lot of us are interested in the fall and rise of our recent football manager who left in such inglorious circumstances. (said with all due respect)
Stevie Wonder needs to fess up

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
How much evidence do you need lots of possession yet his teams hardly ever score if that’s your definition of a great manager then fair enough. His Billion pound squad has exactly the same issue.
Hardly ever score? His approach seems to result in less goals than that expected goals thingie, yes, but you are missing the point, we created more chances and gave away less. We scored a couple more over his seasons than we did before and at the same time let in less goals. An undeniable improvement.

Don't forget that by the time Potter left us in the lurch we had started thrashing some teams too. Or did I dream us doing Man U 4-0 and then that glorious 2-1 at their place?

Dislike the man, yes, mock his glow up, yes, that frikin sucky breath thing, mock it, giggle as Chelsea struggle, yes. Just accept that he did a good job here and be happy that De Zerbi seems to be better.

Or to put it another way ask yourself this question: would you rather we had had Hodgson or Gerrard or Bruce or Lampard or any of a hundred other bang average managers in that same period instead?

Also when I heard that chocolate digestives are supposed to be eaten with the chocolate side down so it hits the tongue I was dubious. I was wrong, it is the only way to eat them. Not sure how this is relevant to Potter schadenfreude though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hardly ever score? His approach seems to result in less goals than that expected goals thingie, yes, but you are missing the point, we created more chances and gave away less. We scored a couple more over his seasons than we did before and at the same time let in less goals. An undeniable improvement.

Don't forget that by the time Potter left us in the lurch we had started thrashing some teams too. Or did I dream us doing Man U 4-0 and then that glorious 2-1 at their place?

Dislike the man, yes, mock his glow up, yes, that frikin sucky breath thing, mock it, giggle as Chelsea struggle, yes. Just accept that he did a good job here and be happy that De Zerbi seems to be better.

Or to put it another way ask yourself this question: would you rather we had had Hodgson or Gerrard or Bruce or Lampard or any of a hundred other bang average managers in that same period instead?

Also when I heard that chocolate digestives are supposed to be eaten with the chocolate side down so it hits the tongue I was dubious. I was wrong, it is the only way to eat them. Not sure how this is relevant to Potter schadenfreude though.
As I’ve said along miss out 3 of the 3.5 years Potter was here and things looked pretty rosy.
If you can honestly say going to the Amex wasn’t becoming a chore for the vast majority of the time under Potter than fair play to you.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Hands up, I didn’t. I was aware of TB’s intellect and StarLizard, the TB/PB planning, but I didn’t know that TB and TB alone uses StarLizard to analyse player and staff data for recruitment for his other business BHAFC.

Hence my stages of grief once Ashworth, Potter, Macauley and Winstanley walked out. I don’t think I was alone going by 1000’s of angry NSC posts.
Yep, I guess you have read this, but worth posting for those that haven't. https://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/chelsea-might-have-winstanley-but-brighton-have-bloom/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know longer use a calendar, I'm on Potterorian time.

This is how I know we're in what you call February:-

"Twenty one shots, eight on target, no goals and another defeat".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As I’ve said along miss out 3 of the 3.5 years Potter was here and things looked pretty rosy.
If you can honestly say going to the Amex wasn’t becoming a chore for the vast majority of the time under Potter than fair play to you.
Think that why is was so very annoying at the time though…..…..just as he’d seemed to crack it and get us scoring more freely after long, often dull spells of frustrating football we had to endure, he fvcked off and took the guts of the management team with him.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What we appear to be struggling with is good old fashioned binary NSC thinking.

Potter was always about potential and always divisive, we never saw to potential realised and so will forever argue about how good he was.

Somewhere between better than alright not quite excellent I would say.

Feb 9, 2012
perth
What I find strange is Chelsea's style of play - or lack of. Still look very much like a team of talented individuals yet to display the Potter game plan (other than how not to score sitters). Even in his first preseason it was obvious we had been transformed from Hughtons time. Put it down to so many new players perhaps, but if I was Boehly that would be my largest concern. Too many egos, not enough authority? With that much money spent surely they have to come good eventually but right now they make for a fun watch.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Yes, he jumped when it started coming together. First sign of cash and he was off.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
What we appear to be struggling with is good old fashioned binary NSC thinking.

Potter was always about potential and always divisive, we never saw to potential realised and so will forever argue about how good he was.

Somewhere between better than alright not quite excellent I would say.
Nope. You are either brilliant or rubbish.

Potter was clearly rubbish as we didn’t score as many goals as we do now under RDZ.

Finishing 9th was a brilliant achievement.

So that makes Potter … erm? Good but not perfect?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Damning match report

Potter and Chelsea still searching for a plan amid the chaos https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...sea-still-searching-for-a-plan-amid-the-chaos

“Cucurella wandered around like a man who had just stumbled out of a house fire. Booed when he came on and hounded every time he got the ball”
Great article! All cast, no movie.and..

If you’re a coach with a vision and a blueprint, you take tactics over talent every time. But there are times when talent really doesn’t hurt.

Lovely stuff

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As one of the 'sad fuckers' who still posts on the Wordle thread (as I'm joint top of the table I guess that makes me one of the King Sad Fuckers!), no. No, I don't.

I sincerely apologise for daring to post MY opinion about other people's opinion about a football-related issue on a football forum. If you would kindly provide a list of topics I can post about, I'll do my best to stick to them in the future.

Until then, maybe I'll just stick to posting images if little grey, yellow and green squares.

Xx
Don't be so precious, of course you can post your opinion. However if you come onto a thread called 'Potter at Chelsea' you shouldn't be surprised when most of the posts are about, er, Potter at Chelsea. (Some NSC thread titles are a bit opaque, this one however isn't). If you do think it's stupid and people are obsessed then fair enough - but expect people to challenge you.

Anyway, I think you protest too much. You wouldn't be reading this thread if you weren't secretly interested as well! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here