[Albion] Potter: nasty post match interview

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Good point. More I think about it, it was a bit if a snidy comment. No one is asking you to say sorry Potter so whether you should or shouldn't say sorry is irrelevant. But given the choice, yeah go on then say sorry for joining that nasty, homophobic, racist, soulless bowl of a football club 6 games intoa new season and dismantling our coaching and recruitment set up.

Enjoy your Chelsea history lesson.
This ^

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That 'toxicity' helped us win the game today
I don't think it did. I think what helped win the match was a crowd who got behind their team in a passionate way. I was listening to the radio and the home end was willing them to win.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe he needs to look at his clubs supporters …especially the one guy you can see at the end of this clip lol

They’ve already got a Potter In and Out gang split :lolol:

F6D8B946-8CC6-4070-AF38-50EE98C395A0.jpeg

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
He might wanna apologise to the railway staff at Falmer station, that had to handle a sudden early surge 5 minutes before the final whistle as Chelski fans couldnt get away fast enough.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think it did. I think what helped win the match was a crowd who got behind their team in a passionate way. I was listening to the radio and the home end was willing them to win.
It definitely did. Cucurella was rinsed on and off the pitch. Potter didn’t know where to put himself. Only Billy Reid showed a pair of bollocks.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ben Roberts got a particularly torrid time of it, when he had the thankless task of getting the replacement keeper warmed up in front of the North Stand at HT. Did he not like that :lol:
I particularly like how he tried to be a bit pally and get a bit of bantz going when taking the corners and just got continued abuse. ****.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think if you were there you would have seen it differently. I have no animosity to Potter but during the game, all bets are off. The toxicity certainly added to the atmosphere and that would have helped our players.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think if you were there you would have seen it differently. I have no animosity to Potter but during the game, all bets are off. The toxicity certainly added to the atmosphere and that would have helped our players.
I did have a chuckle at the 'getting sacked in the morning' although I was a little nervous about how early it was being sung.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Expectation and entitlement are potent bedfellows. He's not going to get away with 1 home win in a calendar year and 7 home games without a goal with that lot. Not that he will - my right arsecheek could probable chisel out a few results with the array of International talent he has at his disposal there. But patience is not a "thing" at clubs like Chelsea, no matter how much Boehly wangs on about it being a long term project.

If they find themselves languishing outside the top 6, GP will not survive it. There were already signs of fissures with the players today. The captain, Thiago Silva, was signalling at the bench (ie Potter) after the 2nd goal went in with what looked like a "WTF is going on here ??" type gesture. If players - TOP players - start getting the willies about what Potter is asking them to do, then thats a dangerously slippery slope. Potter doesn't have the kind of credit in the bank that the high profile, experienced (mainly foreign) coaches have. Once his methods are deemed not to be working, he'll be in a Sky Sports studio quicker than you can say Tim Sherwood.

Saw it with AVB at Chelsea and managers that actually won stuff with them, when the fans turn they are gone soonish.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Footballs So much more Fun with Pantomime Villains to direct the animosity towards
And Even more satisfying with a well deserved Win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports