Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter: nasty post match interview

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't wish him well because he is Chelsea manager. I hope those horrible entitled fans turn on him.
Having had a brief perusal of the Chelsea messageboard, its happening already. Lots of comments about "getting away with it" for the last few games, lots of grumbles about players being played out of position, and the Sterling / Chalobah wingback selection is driving them CRACKERS.

Fair to say, Potter is about as popular as a turd on a trampoline over there tonight.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Were there any Chelsea fans in attendance?
Yes. I know that because I watched a few trying to start a scrap in the Brighton-bound train queue afterwards and ended up getting hooked by Plod for a word. Was the only time I heard anything from any of them other than the few doing some homophobic chanting on the train in.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
'I've nothing to apologise for'.

I don't begrudge him moving to a big six club with an owner buying into his model of management.

He couldn't help the timing but sodding off a few games into a new season and taking Bruno and Roberts with him (and possibly Winstanley) isn't classy. Yes their grown men who had to make the decision themselves but he did that to suit himself without any care for the damage it does to our club. You could argue that he could apologise for that.

Other than that the interview is fine and classic Potter. Devoid of personality but respectful and measured. Listening to him on the radio did make me think how I'm not going to miss he sucking in of his teeth and going through the motions with questions.

I don't wish him well because he is Chelsea manager. I hope those horrible entitled fans turn on him.
Well, I disagree with most of your post, but you might be pleased to hear that their clueless fans have turned on him -- see their forum.
As much as Boehly might want to back him, I suspect it'll get to crunch point and the clueless, entitled idiots will get him moved on.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
🤣 enjoyed watching Cucurella doing the walk of shame in front of the NS as well. I guess he's really interested in aeroplanes because his gaze was fixed on the sky as a really interesting plane must have just taken off from Gatwick.
He actually looked gutted when he was ushered off by the east knowing he’d have to do the full lap

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
There was a significant emotion today, a must not lose for us today (not in the sense of points) and we did an absolute number on them.

Question, will it be as hostile next time they visit (assuming he’s still in the role and Cucu hasn’t been sold to Valencia)

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I booed Potter when he got off the coach before the game and all the support staff and Cucurella. I did it not because I bear any of them any particular ill will, but because I thought Potter in particular would think it was unjust and it would annoy him and impact his management during the game. I think it probably did.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Having had a brief perusal of the Chelsea messageboard, its happening already. Lots of comments about "getting away with it" for the last few games, lots of grumbles about players being played out of position, and the Sterling / Chalobah wingback selection is driving them CRACKERS.

Fair to say, Potter is about as popular as a turd on a trampoline over there tonight.
I think it would be fair to say that he’s taking more stick on that board tonight than half a dozen matches added together on this one

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We finished 4th bottom. We were dreadful for large, large chunks of that season. He’s not wrong.
He's wrong because we were the 4th worst team in the league. You've missed my point. He said we were the 3rd worst team which is wrong. Silly Graham.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
‘ a lot of money in the bank’ From the MOTD interview ,So why are we borrowing on future tv revenue ?
If that’s what you’ve taken from today and you didn’t read the huge thread on here explaining it’s normal business practice then you must be Palace

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
He looks like he is hurting in that interview. Good.

Whilst I'm slightly in agreement with you, his persistent shit about "suffering" gets on my tits..! People in Ukraine are suffering...not you Potter, with your one million pounds a month salary. Go f*** yourself Mr. Potter and please...suffer alone.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Only true to an extent. Walking up the stairs at 2.45 today it was IMMEDIATELY obvious the crowd were up for it. Just like the Man Utd game. Before the Spurs and Forest games it was flat and the performance partly matched that. Of course the good start just kept the amazing atmosphere going.
I was in the queue for dicks at 11:20..

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He's wrong because we were the 4th worst team in the league. You've missed my point. He said we were the 3rd worst team which is wrong. Silly Graham.
On form I expect we were the 3rd worst. We looked for all money like going down the back end of the season .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Firstly, what a fantastic afternoon: Falmer was rocking-even more so than after the Manure result.

Secondly (and lastly), just listened to the 5 live post match Potter interview. He couldn’t stop himself from taking a swipe at the Albion fans for not helping the team usually with our support.

He was low in my estimations before but is now lodging in the Kings Rd basement flats. I hope that Chelsea fans see through his disingenuous turtle neck bull. UTA!!!!
Potter would have done better taking a swipe at his travelling support today. Not a peep out of them the entire first half :lol:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
FFS why is this so difficult for people to understand.

We are now, we always have been, we always will be...

A REACTIVE CROWD.

Give us something to react too and we are phenomenal.
Kill is with a thousand passes leading to a missed shot and we will do, say and sing nothing.
The famous Anfield crowd silent at the moment losing and playing poorly.

We are not unique in being reactive in this country by any stretch of the imagination. Besides, we were shyte at home, barely scoring or winning, for a long, long time under GP.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Firstly Gpot looks like a twatty twa
Ben Roberts got a particularly torrid time of it, when he had the thankless task of getting the replacement keeper warmed up in front of the North Stand at HT. Did he not like that :lol:
Great wasn't it. Turncoat deserved every second of it.

Gpot looks like a total twat with that awfyl cardigan
I booed Potter when he got off the coach before the game and all the support staff and Cucurella. I did it not because I bear any of them any particular ill will, but because I thought Potter in particular would think it was unjust and it would annoy him and impact his management during the game. I think it probably did.
Every little helps.

I think its called emotional intelligence . . . . Gpot lost massively today.

A good Italian will always thrash a brummie

far more importantly it was a huge day for BHA today. First ever win against one of the worst 'big' clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here