Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter: nasty post match interview

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
FFS why is this so difficult for people to understand.

We are now, we always have been, we always will be...

A REACTIVE CROWD.

Give us something to react too and we are phenomenal.
Kill is with a thousand passes leading to a missed shot and we will do, say and sing nothing.
Don’t really agree Stat, I think the majority warm to the build-up, and that generates building excitement, where I think we struggle is sustaining it - certainly the not the case today.

PS great to have you back contributing

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
We were lead to believe how educated and intelligent Potter is , yet the muppet thinks he is hard done by because our support didn`t kiss his arse . If he had half a brain he would appreciate : Oh i did take Bruno ,Ben and am currently trying to get Winstanley , oh and i will be back for Leo and Moises and Doris cos she makes lovely tea . If that is man -management and an understanding of people then he should not be surprised at his welcome , the prick .

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Personally I think GP was probably nervous on his return to the Amex, which may have poured into his players.
He did a great job when he was here, now has moved on.
So should we.
His team got beaten fair and square, suck up the boos and chants like a man.

So he should have been. He treated us all like ****s, from Bloom down, and got his just deserts today.

f***ing marvelous.

I sincerely hope TB went into the dressing room with a case of craft beers after the game. 🙄

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Wasn't in his technical area once in the first half hour. Patrolling the touchline like a psycho. Up in cucurellas face when he tried to creep along the touchline for a throw in. While Potter sat off In his WW2 submarine commanders polo neck with the shiny shoulders thinking about his feelings. Loved it.
Post of the week. 🤣🤣🤣

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think it would be fair to say that he’s taking more stick on that board tonight than half a dozen matches added together on this one
Expectation and entitlement are potent bedfellows. He's not going to get away with 1 home win in a calendar year and 7 home games without a goal with that lot. Not that he will - my right arsecheek could probable chisel out a few results with the array of International talent he has at his disposal there. But patience is not a "thing" at clubs like Chelsea, no matter how much Boehly wangs on about it being a long term project.

If they find themselves languishing outside the top 6, GP will not survive it. There were already signs of fissures with the players today. The captain, Thiago Silva, was signalling at the bench (ie Potter) after the 2nd goal went in with what looked like a "WTF is going on here ??" type gesture. If players - TOP players - start getting the willies about what Potter is asking them to do, then thats a dangerously slippery slope. Potter doesn't have the kind of credit in the bank that the high profile, experienced (mainly foreign) coaches have. Once his methods are deemed not to be working, he'll be in a Sky Sports studio quicker than you can say Tim Sherwood.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Expectation and entitlement are potent bedfellows. He's not going to get away with 1 home win in a calendar year and 7 home games without a goal with that lot. Not that he will - my right arsecheek could probable chisel out a few results with the array of International talent he has at his disposal there. But patience is not a "thing" at clubs like Chelsea, no matter how much Boehly wangs on about it being a long term project.

If they find themselves languishing outside the top 6, GP will not survive it. There were already signs of fissures with the players today. The captain, Thiago Silva, was signalling at the bench (ie Potter) after the 2nd goal went in with what looked like a "WTF is going on here ??" type gesture. If players - TOP players - start getting the willies about what Potter is asking them to do, then thats a dangerously slippery slope. Potter doesn't have the kind of credit in the bank that the high profile, experienced (mainly foreign) coaches have. Once his methods are deemed not to be working, he'll be in a Sky Sports studio quicker than you can say Tim Sherwood.
Think Thiago Silva may have had a valid point tho, seeing as how he had to clear two dead cert goals off the line in a matter of minutes :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought he came over as a cock. Don't care whether he or anyone else thinks otherwise. To me my opinion counts. He's a cock. Up yours loser

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

This, also he could have applogised not for leaving but for the timing and the unprecedented manner of it. But he decided to get prickly again and have a dig at us again. Every club in the PL will have their quiet games and Chelsea are no exception to that either. Newly promoted teams are typically a bit louder but even then they are the same too. Away fans are the only consistent ones and we more than pull our weight for that.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Firstly, what a fantastic afternoon: Falmer was rocking-even more so than after the Manure result.

Secondly (and lastly), just listened to the 5 live post match Potter interview. He couldn’t stop himself from taking a swipe at the Albion fans for not helping the team usually with our support.

He was low in my estimations before but is now lodging in the Kings Rd basement flats. I hope that Chelsea fans see through his disingenuous turtle neck bull. UTA!!!!
Perhaps if he could of produced more exciting team performances then he would of got more atmospheres like today

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Maybe i read him wrong but , i thought as several have alluded to that he was in effect taking credit for his own demise today . If so then that is not classy but snidey , he made his choices and we made ours , today ours was better and i for one am very happy with that . Long live RDZ and your style , maybe GP can learn from you ? .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe i read him wrong but , i thought as several have alluded to that he was in effect taking credit for his own demise today . If so then that is not classy but snidey , he made his choices and we made ours , today ours was better and i for one am very happy with that . Long live RDZ and your style , maybe GP can learn from you ? .
Like this:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
'I've nothing to apologise for' is a strange thing to say tbh. On a basic human level abandoning a squad you've been working with would make you feel apologetic even if you felt you had to take the opportunity? Just seems arrogant.
Exactly. Just show some empathy to a squad that was ABSOLUTELY wanting to stick it to you - and a fanbase that is rightly pissed off that you f***ed off after six games and gutted the coaching staff at the same time… just apologise GP

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Think Thiago Silva may have had a valid point tho, seeing as how he had to clear two dead cert goals off the line in a matter of minutes :lolol:
Indeed. Although I'm pretty sure it was HIS lax pass inside that got intercepted and led directly to the opening goal. Thats nothing to do with shape or organisation, thats just piss-poor execution at attempting to play it out from the back. They didn't deal with our press at all in the first half. Shoddy barely covers it.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Exactly. Just show some empathy to a squad that was ABSOLUTELY wanting to stick it to you - and a fanbase that is rightly pissed off that you f***ed off after six games and gutted the coaching staff at the same time… just apologise GP
Good point. More I think about it, it was a bit if a snidy comment. No one is asking you to say sorry Potter so whether you should or shouldn't say sorry is irrelevant. But given the choice, yeah go on then say sorry for joining that nasty, homophobic, racist, soulless bowl of a football club 6 games intoa new season and dismantling our coaching and recruitment set up.

Enjoy your Chelsea history lesson.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Can't see a problem with it.

I'm really enjoying the win today. Not concerned about Potter and his team. I have no animosity, and things are much more enjoyable when you don't use hate as a nutrient. Enjoyed the pantomime stuff and the 'getting sacked in the morning'. But folk can keep the toxicity. Life is so much better for less of it. It sours the enjoyment.

That 'toxicity' helped us win the game today

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Didn’t think it was nasty. Pretty reasonable. However, he might reflect that there’s a reason a manager who should be hugely popular got such a hostile reception. I can’t recall him ever saying anything positive about the vast, vast majority of fans who were fully behind him and always backed what he was trying to do. Far more interested in digs at the boo boys which left a perception that, in his own mind, he was a bit too good for little old Brighton. So even those supportive fans were quite happy to give some back today. De Zerbi seems to get it. I think he’ll do his best to have the fans on board and genuinely relishes the challenge of being the underdog that bites the rich clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here