Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter – ‘maybe I need a history lesson on this club’.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
As far as a history lesson goes, he may be the only Brighton manager that presided over a period where their last 3 home wins were in 3 different calendar years. But maybe not, I can’t be bothered to check…

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
As far as a history lesson goes, he may be the only Brighton manager that presided over a period where their last 3 home wins were in 3 different calendar years. But maybe not, I can’t be bothered to check…

I wouldn't be surprised if that's a record in the entire football league!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can understand you building a Cathedral of Hate in the name of Potter if it makes you feel better. I am surprised and disappointed, however. As someone who has lost many things over the years I can assure you that it is much better to keep the feelings of love rather than wallow in recriminatory poison.
Do you mean like being dumped by your exes?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only thing I'd say about Potter is he does have thin skin when it comes to criticism. To make reference to our history in the manner he did, was crass
What did he say? I haven't seen anything he's said since leaving.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
As far a a history lesson, we don't do what u did Potter, especially u Bruno and Roberts. Our history has made us stick together, fight adversity, we are loyal, have integrity, never give up, appreciate what we have, and love the club. It shows u have no idea of our history Poter doing what u did, our idendity is more what we are off the pitch, not on it!!!!

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I do think his couple of pops at the crowd during his tenure and exaggerated response to the tiny amount of booing indicate a dangerous (for him) chink in the armour. Overlooked here because almost everyone was on board with the direction of travel. It won’t be overlooked somewhere like Chelsea if it’s repeated.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Do you really think if Potter had wanted them and they were willing to go we wouldn't have taken them as well?

It's a foodchain and we are between Swansea and Chelsea at the moment.

Exactly.

Not like Tony said "you can get Billy, Björn and Kyle but this Adrian Tucker guy is going nowhere!"

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As far a a history lesson, we don't do what u did Potter, especially u Bruno and Roberts. Our history has made us stick together, fight adversity, we are loyal, have integrity, never give up, appreciate what we have, and love the club. It shows u have no idea of our history Poter doing what u did, our idendity is more what we are, off the pitch not on it, it is who we are!

We sacked a loyal manager when it suited us though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I do think his couple of pops at the crowd during his tenure and exaggerated response to the tiny amount of booing indicate a dangerous (for him) chink in the armour. Overlooked here because almost everyone was on board with the direction of travel. It won’t be overlooked somewhere like Chelsea if it’s repeated.

Just like here or anywhere he could be doing nazi salutes and throw molotov cocktails - as long as the team win, people will be happy anyway.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If/when he gets booed again when he visits in October we can all look forward to the media and Potter digging up the Leeds incident again and telling us all how they would expect us to show him more appreciation etc.

After all we are only here to marvel at the ‘big six’ every other club has just gate crashed skys party

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you mean like being dumped by your exes?

Sort of. I appreciate the analogy is weak (partly because we all have range of different types of relationship with the club). My main point is that recrimination is futile. We aren't going to get the ex manager back. Fortunately although he's buggered off with some of our family, they weren't blood relatives, and there is no need for a custody or access battle. Also, we haven't been dumped by the club itself.

I suppose the best analogy is that our club is like a prized classic car, restored from a ruinous state by a local company with an owner with a longstanding family connection with local prized car owners, and the chief mechanic who did much of the restoration has just buggered off with most of his boys to work for another richer company. But we still have the car, and the local company, and there is a whole world of excellent mechanics out there.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As far a a history lesson, we don't do what u did Potter, especially u Bruno and Roberts. Our history has made us stick together, fight adversity, we are loyal, have integrity, never give up, appreciate what we have, and love the club. It shows u have no idea of our history Poter doing what u did, our idendity is more what we are off the pitch, not on it!!!!

Are u twelve?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last season he said it.
I do think his couple of pops at the crowd during his tenure and exaggerated response to the tiny amount of booing indicate a dangerous (for him) chink in the armour.
Ah ok - after being booed when we failed to win a game for ages. Yeah I suppose it was a daft comment from him, but then I didn't appreciate the boos anyway.

It won’t be overlooked somewhere like Chelsea if it’s repeated.
I expect he'll be more careful there and arse lick when they get a bad result. I think he's a good manager and can see him being successful there (although I know there'll be a lot of competition at the top of the division).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I suppose the best analogy is that our club is like a prized classic car, restored from a ruinous state by a local company with an owner with a longstanding family connection with local prized car owners, and the chief mechanic who did much of the restoration has just buggered off with most of his boys to work for another richer company. But we still have the car, and the local company, and there is a whole world of excellent mechanics out there.....
:lol: I think your girlfriend analogy was better than that

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

He made one comment about booing last season. It was little more than a raised eyebrow.

For that, some of the residue of 'potter-OUT'ers claimed on NSC this season that this exemplified the shocking, feeble and inexcusable attitude of this weak and useless manager.

Now he has been sacked for his uselessness (sorry, employed by Chelsea on £12 million a year), this is being dredged up again to inform a new narrative, that Porter has all along been using a club that, frankly, he despises as a stepping stone towards a much better job (sorry, Judas Money), and has vindictively bullied his underlings into joining him.

And we should of known that all along from that DISGRACEFUL post match interview where he raised an eyebrow (sorry, laid into our club with a literal axe) about our relentless booing.

I think that sums it up accurately :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the idea of that bothers me more than him going to Chelsea.
Same. If he fails at Chelsea and goes to Villa, with more modest expectations, he could be a success there for years. That would be sickening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here