[Albion] Potter In or Out

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter in or Our?

• Total voters

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I thought we were fine in the first half other than a handful of individual defensive errors. Dunk, White, Burn & Sanchez all played their part, they keep letting their team and manager down.

Stats are bad but I was calling out a hypocrite who had stated many times that he could cope with relegation if we were playing an attacking attractive style creating chances. He has stated that he does not think we play that way. Make of that what you will, he only posts when we are in a bad run of form.

Thanks for a measured post, how it should be.

We were dreadful in the first half and after going a goal up. All pass pass nice nice team when we should be playing high tempo, pressing aggressive football. Just like we did in the 2nd half and it produced a good display.

I suspect the 'hypocrite' as you call him pays his money and is entitled to his correct opinion. Who is happy with one home win in a year and the huge changes in personnel every game?

Ben in midfield is wrong, my opinion. Dan was dreadful today, just today. Biss wasn't happy because I suspect he saw dross all around him.

All opinions and where would we be without them. Let's see what team Potter puts out against City. If it's a lot of changes yet again, then it will reinforce that he hasn't a clue what our best team is. But I think that is evident now.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Out still, great to see some character in the second half (helped by Wolves being out on there feet with nothing on the bench) but we were terrible 1st half with the same tactical shambles.

One draw doesn't really change the pattern of results - drawers and defeats the manor of the comeback is uplifting but it changes nothing.

For me Tony either needs to let him go now or back him with signing's this January.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Always been IN.

Spare for thought for the thousands of Wolves fans who will be thinking “What have we got to do to beat bloody Brighton?!”
:tantrum:

:clap:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Still in, reviewing my position end of this month.

I nearly gave up on him after his ludicrously stupid decision to play Dan Burn at all, never mind asking him to mark Traore. But his half time changes show he recognised that he had got it wrong, and the changes were the right ones.

We still need a left back and a striker this month. If we get that right, Potter will guide us to safety I think.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Out still, great to see some character in the second half (helped by Wolves being out on there feet with nothing on the bench) but we were terrible 1st half with the same tactical shambles.

One draw doesn't really change the pattern of results - drawers and defeats the manor of the comeback is uplifting but it changes nothing.

For me Tony either needs to let him go now or back him with signing's this January.

Exactly this, I'd like to see signing(s) in the next few weeks, if nothings happening then I don't see any change in the way we play or results. It's TB's call whether he's happy for us to go down or not. We're slowly slipping into the mire. The trackers bollocks, we're about 4 points behind safety and need 1.25 PPG now. And that is climbing.

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
In. Have been all along as much as the Arsenal line up irritated me recently.

I dont think it needs to be so divisive. We are on a knife edge - we could fall to relegation under Potter, so I get the view of the Potter out camp.

The pro Potter argument is well voiced too so I wont repeat it here. Other than to say I think he has more balls than people give him credit for.

He is largely underestimated, but despite his achievements, is still learning. I chose to see the upside, and think sexy top flight football (bolstered by 2 solid signings, thats all Villa needed) is 18 months away. In other words, he is worth the risk.

So all this division on here comes down to our attitude to risk, and our willingness (or lack of!) to be be patient.

It will come.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
In. Have been all along as much as the Arsenal line up irritated me recently.

I dont think it needs to be so divisive. We are on a knife edge - we could fall to relegation under Potter, so I get the view of the Potter out camp.

The pro Potter argument is well voiced too so I wont repeat it here. Other than to say I think he has more balls than people give him credit for.

He is largely underestimated, but despite his achievements, is still learning. I chose to see the upside, and think sexy top flight football (bolstered by 2 solid signings, thats all Villa needed) is 18 months away. In other words, he is worth the risk.

So all this division on here comes down to our attitude to risk, and our willingness (or lack of!) to be be patient.

It will come.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Potter needs to get his act together. Its an out from me.

Needs to stop with the tinkering. Give players a chance must be a nightmare consistently being in and out of the team.

Play players in their correct positions.

Give up on Burn. He did a solid for him last season but its clear to everyone else that Burn isnt up to it.

Stick with White Dunk and Webster at the back. Davy Biss and Lallana as a 3 in the middle and Welbeck and Connelly upfront. Bring players in and around the as subs not constantly rotating whole ****ing teams.

Cant see him doing any of the above or results changing so get him out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports