Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post-match report - Wolves

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
The fact were disappointed with an away draw at Wolves is a good sign, we would have bit your hand off for that last season. We had a few injuries before the game as well.
True, many of us thought we'd lose today so pleasing that we are still unbeaten and managed to pick up one point. As people keep saying win your home games and draw away and the dream maybe become reality

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Exactly this

I did not go to the game so I can not give a true view, however all I can do is say what the Sky reporter kept saying that Albion were the better team. Good comment from Jeff Stelling that we had 19 points prior to the start of this match the same as we had last year when we played Wolves away except that last year we played them at the end of December.
(Hope I spelt his name correctly)

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

I was a little disappointed with Elvis to be honest, but he was basically playing upfront on his own for long periods. Why CH waited so long to get Zamora on was slightly baffling... I would have liked to have seen Zamora on for Rosenior as soon as the sending off happened, and put Murphy down the right.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How was Elvis any potential?

Very little, caught offside 3 times, through being lazy and not getting back quickly enough.

Did a good spin, but the shot was like a pass back.

I genuinely think the pace caught him by surprise and he'll get better.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I think Elvis showed today he is more of a winger than an out and out striker. He had a good few touches but after he got kicked in the head he faded a lot, not surprised really

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Before this thread goes too far, I would just like to remind those that might be inclined to criticise any negativity after such a start to the season that we football fans are mostly human beings, and have the complex ability to be both pleased with the start, and disappointed by today, we are able to look critically at today's game and highlight areas that could cause a concern as the season wears on, while also still understanding we are in a better position than most people expected us to be at this point.

Just because we question what our attacking options are beyond Hemed and Baldock doesn't mean we are bedwetters. Just because we think we should get something against 10 men for 45 minutes, doesn't mean we think the team are awful and we're grabbing our pitchforks to force Hughton out. Being disappointed with this result doesn't make us fickle.

I object to the statement that we missed a penalty in fact the shot was between the posts and the keeper saved it, a point away from home is really all we can hope for and will be fine if we can win a majority of points at home.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was quite good I thought, but generally agree with OP.
Nice day out in the sun.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Attended the game today we created a lot but POWDER PUFF finishing cost us all 3 points if we are serious about automatic promotion in this division we need to be burying these sides! Wolves were poor!
We need to go back to the drawing board and take a long hard look at ourselves this was a gimme today and we failed the test! Next up Bolton!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hunemeier missed the game through illness (according to a comment on the radio), I wonder if Hemed was poorly too he looked quite fatigued at times. What was Baldock's injury anyone know?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm sure Andy Naylor said baldock was groggy from Tuesday, hemed had tight hamstring so couldve been carrying that going into the game and hunemeier was a hip problem but all minor so with a week to sort niggles should be good to go at bolton

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Would the result have been different if Wolves had also played midweek.

Controlled the game but apart from the penalty most shots were from outside the area. Also at his current rate Lua Lua will probably have more points himself (from bookings) than the relegated teams at the end of the season, as picked up another card today.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm sure Andy Naylor said baldock was groggy from Tuesday, hemed had tight hamstring so couldve been carrying that going into the game and hunemeier was a hip problem but all minor so with a week to sort niggles should be good to go at bolton
Good news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here