Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post a picture of your local...

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
This is a great thread full of great memories. Cheers for posting all the pics.

I came half way round the world to have the Pig n Whistle as my local! Its ok though and as with many Brisbane bars is fantastic at showing sport. On match days, it has to be The Caxton.

I mainly miss The Cleveland and The Station and umpteen glorious country pubs.

Attachments

• Pig n Whistle.jpg
    Pig n Whistle.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 438
  • The Caxton.jpg
    The Caxton.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 431

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not geographically my local anymore but still "my" pub

front2.jpg

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
My local.

Apparently the only pub in Brighton still to hold its original name

pub_old_pic.jpg

home_photos.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
762416_34ee6f3d.jpg

The Smack..where I was disgraced at pool by a well known NSC personality

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
anybody drink in the cleveland? i'm just moving not far from there. its a pub i don't really know... is it local material or should it be on the every-now-and-again list?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
anybody drink in the cleveland? i'm just moving not far from there. its a pub i don't really know... is it local material or should it be on the every-now-and-again list?

Not been in for a while but the Cleveland is nice enough, there are certainly worse locals to have that's for sure.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
How about this one ! The Blythe Spirit,Weston Coyney,Stoke-on-Trent sit at the entrance of a big run down council estate,even thr rats have moved out. :lol:

Attachments

• pub.jpg
    pub.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 225

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
However to be fair,when in London i use this alot,would reckon a few on this board no it and use it ? I like it. Ship & Shovel @ Charring Cross. :albion2:

Attachments

• shipandshovell.jpg
    shipandshovell.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 224

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
see we agree on something Dick. But there are NO bad Rottingdean pubs, in fairness.

Not these days. The White Horse used to be a dive. I always had a soft spot for the Queen Vic - largely due to the fact they sold Pompey and it was the pub of choice for St Dunstans, the Plough was ok - but a bit Dean Court Road. The Rottingdean Club was just strange.

I suspect we may agree on quite a lot as it happens.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Not these days. The White Horse used to be a dive. I always had a soft spot for the Queen Vic - largely due to the fact they sold Pompey and it was the pub of choice for St Dunstans, the Plough was ok - but a bit Dean Court Road. The Rottingdean Club was just strange.

I suspect we may agree on quite a lot as it happens.

The Rottingdean Club had a mass boycott a few years ago when they appointed a gay manager. That gives you a bit of a clue about the place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here