Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible Summer Signings

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Another one here agreeing the first priority must be a top goalkeeper I would accept 1 single signing if it was a top quality keeper.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Speroni , if we are in the Championship.

You're more likely to get Pepe Reina. 250 Palace appearances, testimonial in two years, best keeper in the division and wants to get promotion with us. He's going nowhere for the rest of his career :)

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Jara Reyes and Mattock on permanent deals and maybe a re-loan of Razak. A new striker if Vokes doesn't sign and if Hoskins leaves and most defiantly a new goalkeeper.

Tom Heaton at Cardiff is out of contract in July, and Gus was after him last summer.

He was incredible in the carling cup final but that's all of I've seen of him.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Would absolutely love to see Kasper Schmeichel with us! Best keeper in the division and one of the best in england IMO. Ive got a mate who supports leicester and thinks there is a £1.2 million release clause on him IF they dont go up. That is of course if we need a keeper.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That is not urgent you can carry one or two outfield players but not a goalkeeper who makes mistakes.
If we plan to dominate games it is urgent,playing with defensive midfielders is not the way forward,players like sparrow are inconsistent and we need a couple of dominant midfielders who can boss this area.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can't see us not playing in Championship next season so,

1 GK
2. Jury out for me on Reyes and Mattock ... may still need a couple of FB's
3. Working out how to get more attempts on goal ... we're lacking something in MF and not sure we can rely on Vicente - as much as it pains me that Williams lad was as near as I've seen to what I think we need

Reckon the rest is OK so 3 .. maybe 4 new faces? Clear out 5 or 6

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we plan to dominate games it is urgent,playing with defensive midfielders is not the way forward,players like sparrow are inconsistent and we need a couple of dominant midfielders who can boss this area.

We have the players to do this if in form but as you say they are inconsistent however as I said you can carry a couple of players but not a keeper. Ideally we need a midfielder in the Steve Sidwell mould which I am sure we will get in the summer but at the moment the most pressing need is for a consistent competent keeper without which we will not make the play offs yet alone get promoted.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'd take Heaton for sure.
Would probably leave Mattock and Reyes and look elsewhere for full-backs. Jury is out on Vokes.
Get Harley and Ankergren out and bring in Daniel Powell from MK Dons, Liam Trotter from Millwall, a proper brick shithouse of a CB like Sol Bamba and a poacher, and we'll be in the Prem in 2013.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would agree about Heaton and was highly impressed with Powell at MK Dons not so sure about Trotter he played well against us but was that a one off. I would wait to see who get relegated and the have a look around for an experienced big central defender in the Zak Knight mould. How about Gary Monk at Swansea who isn't a first choice.

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I would agree about Heaton and was highly impressed with Powell at MK Dons not so sure about Trotter he played well against us but was that a one off. I would wait to see who get relegated and the have a look around for an experienced big central defender in the Zak Knight mould.

If Trotter could play as he did in that game all the time, he is exactly what we need. But yeah, as you say it is unlikely that he actually would.
Powell is going to be snapped up for sure if Dons don't go up this season, and I think he'd be available for around £300k. He would give Buckley a run for his money IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here