Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positives from yesterday

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
There aren't many, but feel free to add to these...

1. Upson was rusty and this will only help him get up to match fitness.
2. Ulloa is going to learn more from these sort of games, I still think we've got an absolute diamond there
3. Barnes tends to play a lot better when he comes back from a break, enforced or otherwise. He did earlier in the season I felt
4. With Barnes gone for 3 games and CMS having a big impact from the bench, this may force Gus's hand to play CMS and Ulloa up front and the signs are that could be deadly. I still can't see how tactically it fits into Gus's thinking as he loathes 4-4-2, but if he solves the holding midfield solution behind them, it could be huge for us.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
5. We beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-3 on aggregate.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Is it only me bug when Vincente came on he didn't do anything but give the ball away and stroll around ?
Much better option would of been to bring Hoskuns on and play 2 up front as SW couldn't handle that formation at start if second half
But 4-4-2 for me next week

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Is it only me bug when Vincente came on he didn't do anything but give the ball away and stroll around ?
Much better option would of been to bring Hoskuns on and play 2 up front as SW couldn't handle that formation at start if second half

The biggest positive is that I stayed at home and saved my money. I even got to watch two Rugby internationals too. RESULT!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Why put CMS inthe Barnes/Buckley role?

He's not that type of player at all. We got Ulloa to play up top with CMS, not to put CMS on the wing...

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
For me, Orlandi was immense. My MOTM.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
I went to a Turkish restaurant and had an amazing Turkish style mixed grills with all the trimmings. That was my positive for yesterday!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5490998 said:
Go on Gus....

................... Kuszczak ................

Bruno ..... Upson .... El Abd ..... Bridge

Buckley .. Orlandi ... Bridcutt .. Lua Lua

................ Ulloa ... CMS ..................

If only..... Would love to see us line up like this. They'll be those that'll say no, we'll get overrun in midfield. To that, I say bollox, go for it!!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The fact I was home with and drinking again within 45 minutes of full time.

Apart from that, very little. Ulloa's first touch is superb, but with two far more defensive wingers (Lopez and Barnes), he had very few options supporting him in an attacking sense. If he'd have had Buckley or Lua Lua as an outlet it would've been a different game altogether.

D

Deleted member 22389

2. Ulloa is going to learn more from these sort of games, I still think we've got an absolute diamond there
3. Barnes tends to play a lot better when he comes back from a break, enforced or otherwise. He did earlier in the season I felt
4. With Barnes gone for 3 games and CMS having a big impact from the bench, this may force Gus's hand to play CMS and Ulloa up front and the signs are that could be deadly. I still can't see how tactically it fits into Gus's thinking as he loathes 4-4-2, but if he solves the holding midfield solution behind them, it could be huge for us.

Number 4 for me next Saturday please. I really hope he plays them together. What's the point of only playing one, when we can play two.
The defence will be so worried about marking CMS, it should leavel Ulloa free, and please please play Lua Lua.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Our defending for all 3 goals yesterday was shocking when i watch the highlights on the football league show and barnes is a joke and it was a red and how there player didnt get sent off for challenge on calderon i will never know and i thought it was red card .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I'd agree with that, also the sending off of Oatway showed that there is a bit of fire in the bellies of our management. In these days of professionalism and media training, this will to win is sometimes passed over in favour of soothing soundbites.........I prefer people to be real, say and act how they believe to be right. More of the same please Charlie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here