[Albion] Positives from Today (Everton)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Bozza's favourite poll of one point gained or two points dropped will crop up shortly. :)

I'm struggling to decide. Spirited fightback in the face of adversity but we didn't make the most of a rare free midweek.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So I know emotions are running high regarding the offside, which I do understand, but there are some positives to take:

1. Everton are in good form, we aren’t, a Dyche team on a wet afternoon getting an early goal. We take the point and run down the road.
2. Better teams than us will struggle to take three points at Goodison this season.
3. Lamptey back on the bench
4. Pedro and Fati looked really sharp when they came on, hope they start against Ajax
5. We didn’t actually create much despite the possession but still got something from the game.

File it under, we move on.
3. Wasn’t Lamptey injured in the warm up?

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Not a bad day at the office all things considered. But I'm still glad I went back to bed this morning rather than making the long trip up to Liverpool.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
When we're in a different period I try and look at the bigger picture.

That bigger picture looks pretty damm good at the moment, despite this difficult period we still find ourselves in the top 6 with more wins than losses/draws. A win on Thursday could very well see us top arguably the toughest group in the europa league.

I appreciate it's frustrating when we dominate games and don't get a result or repeat mistakes we've made in previous games but sometimes some fans need to take a breath and look at where we are, it's an incredible time to be an Albion fan.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We're not what we were last year, that much seems clear. The loss of Caicedo and Macallister, the injuries to March, Enciso and Estupinan, the passing of time with Lallana. But beyond all that, we still strive to be better, we're rebuilding, retooling with that same goal in sight. There is something that we're striving for - which is way more than can be said for Everton right now. Everton weren't bad at all really, but thats all they are, thats what they are and what they will continue to be. We aspire to be a lot more than that.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
One huge negative is that Palace are now 3 points behind us with 4 games that on paper look very winnable.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We're not what we were last year, that much seems clear. The loss of Caicedo and Macallister, the injuries to March, Enciso and Estupinan, the passing of time with Lallana. But beyond all that, we still strive to be better, we're rebuilding, retooling with that same goal in sight. There is something that we're striving for - which is way more than can be said for Everton right now. Everton weren't bad at all really, but thats all they are, thats what they are and what they will continue to be. We aspire to be a lot more than that.
Slightly OT and opposed to what RDZ and the club say, but with Europe being well deserved, enjoyable and a reward for last year’s efforts, I see this season as being one of consolidation whilst looking for replacements for Ali Mac, Calceido, Mwepu, Trossard and others. Milner and Lallana will hold the fort but until a midfield powerhouse emerges (Baleba, Moder,??) and we get Ensico, Solly, Welbeck back on the pitch, we will struggle to compete week in week out. Today’s was a good point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports