Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Popular sports you don't give a rats arse about.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It's easier to state which sport I do care about, football & F1 not remotely interested in any other sport.

In terms of most disliked that if it mentioned on the tv or radio I have to turn over of mute it is

Horse racing and Cricket, bore me to tears these two.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I'm only really interested in football, handball and speedway.

The most popular sport that I don't give a hoot about is basketball.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Curling is my obscure sport of choice...watch it, play it, coach it, love it!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Rugby League
Boat Race
American Sports (Baseball, Basketball, Grid Iron & Ice Hockey)
Gaelic Games (mixture of American sports above but the rules got mixed up on the boat to Ireland. . .probably water damage)
Australian Sports (see above)
Winter Olympics (very rarely is there a Brit to follow)
Kabaddi (Is a comedy performance not a sport)
American Wrestling - WWE (see above)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The only sport I'm really interested in is football. I follow Sussex in the cricket and the Test Matches and maybe watch one day's cricket a year. I used to enjoy playing hockey, but no interest in watching/following ... if there's anything to watch or follow.

I actually quite like Baseball, American Football, Basketball and Ice Hockey. The Americans know how to "do" sports events to make them interesting even if you don't fully understand the rules.

The ones I really can't stand and wouldn't cross the road to watch include cycling, F1, rugby, anything with horses, darts, snooker, swimming.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Golf is a good walk spoiled." - Mark Twain

Sailing.

Whilst Britannia probably does still rule the waves in the form of Ben Ainslie, it's terminally dull with made-up names for parts of the boat. The boom sounds like more of a noise than a boat section. I don't even want to know what or where the poop deck is on larger vessels, let alone swab the thing. There's about 9 races as part of the Olympics, with someone having the chance to win gold by coming in the top 17th in the last one. Even worse is when one boat just has to finish in front of another particular boat to win. That's when you get the nautical equivalent of someone driving in front of you slowly down a narrow road. You move to the left, they move to the left, you move right, they move right. And so on. Now if there was an outboard motor allowed, you'd have a fighting chance of getting through. But if you hit them, it's your fault. Your penalty? Turn around in a 360 circle before carrying on. Let's be honest, it's not really a sport, but rather more of a hobby for men who are owners of daft-looking hats and have too much money for their own good.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Rugby Onion - all about kicking it out, toffs clap, kicking it out, toffs clap, kicking it out, toffs clap, penalty kick at goal, toffs clap. Only ever any excitement when an ex League player changes codes for money and forgets the new crap they have been coached and turn back to the instinct of actually trying to score a try not win a penalty - for it then to be kicked. Such a slow boring game, people who say that about having 6 tackles are just wrong - the whole point of that is to speed up the game which it does immensely and allow a platform to be built to score trys

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone who follows both F1 and golf should be taken round the back of the nearest Mr Byrite store and dispatched with a coup de grâce to the nape of the neck for the good of all humanity.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
egg chasing
horses
water sports
everything bar football and cricket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here