Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Popmaster

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I thought it might be but bar a couple of apparent phone glitches he was answering very quickly. Fecking annoying laugh though!

I did wonder if you could type very quickly whether it would be possible to answer almost instantly. The only question I thought he was cheating on was the one where the answer was Call Me

How do you spell Spagna :lolol:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Definitely spun out a couple that he was unsure of. I think a lot of people cheat by either having a team of people with answers or have quick fingers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Definitely spun out a couple that he was unsure of. I think a lot of people cheat by either having a team of people with answers or have quick fingers.

Shazam is definitely your friend on the rounds with music played

I have played the cheat with other people in the office helping in the past and done well but never 100%

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I thought it might be but bar a couple of apparent phone glitches he was answering very quickly. Fecking annoying laugh though!

I did wonder if you could type very quickly whether it would be possible to answer almost instantly. The only question I thought he was cheating on was the one where the answer was Call Me

He was only 23 ...or so he said :smile:

My wife and I were listening in the car and were more than a little suspicious about Call Me. He did string it out a bit and my wife got it before he did.
Hmm, yes a Steward's Enquiry, I reckon.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Call me old (I don't even have a smart phone) but what's shazam? I've heard of Google obviously but dont think i could look up any answers quick enough if I tried.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Call me old (I don't even have a smart phone) but what's shazam? I've heard of Google obviously but dont think i could look up any answers quick enough if I tried.

An app that listens to the music using your phone and it tells you what most music is very quickly, within three to four seconds

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
These days, Shazam seems quite normal. Smart technology devices, Alexa and all that - it’s part of the world we now live in.

What always freaks me out is that it used to work on basic mobiles nearly 20 years ago.

You called 2580 - the middle column on your chunky old Nokia handset - and shortly after Shazam would send you an SMS of the song. I vividly remember the first time I used it, in a pub in around 2002/3, and it just seemed almost inconceivably clever.

To my mind, it still stands as something that was at least a decade ahead of its time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
These days, Shazam seems quite normal. Smart technology devices, Alexa and all that - it’s part of the world we now live in.

What always freaks me out is that it used to work on basic mobiles nearly 20 years ago.

You called 2580 - the middle column on your chunky old Nokia handset - and shortly after Shazam would send you an SMS of the song. I vividly remember the first time I used it, in a pub in around 2002/3, and it just seemed almost inconceivably clever.

To my mind, it still stands as something that was at least a decade ahead of its time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son introduced it to me in a pub about 15 years ago when we were arguing about who the song playing in the pub was by, I was as impressed as I was when he showed me his 1st generation ipod

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
mmmmmm.
Just listened again and certainly 'clicks' in the background. But guess the year. He took 6 seconds between "Circle of Life" being said and him saying the correct year. Not enough time to find out on google. Thought he had a headset on, especially when he was heard to clap.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Beeps the phone, asks to repeat the last group, obviously not looking things up or being aided.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Shirley you could just do a Google voice search of Ken asking the question to get the answer almost instantly, someone else doing that and then showing the answer to whoever is on the phone. Shazam doesn't surprise me in the slightest, it's witchcraft.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Why on earth would you cheat? Its not as if the prizes are massive and if you get found out the whole (Radio 2 listening) Nation knows you are a prick.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
All for a £30 digital Radio.....

Tbf the digital radio I got was worth significantly more than that.

Regular listeners may have thought it just didn't 'feel' right, no jealousy whatsoever.

However gut feelings can be erroneous, if matey and your good self say he did it on merit, then power to his elbow and fairly dos.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I got 36 on the first round this morning, 30 on the second round.
I’m not great on anything in this century, about 50/50.
I have got the 39 on about 10-15 times, over the years, but since the questions became les 60s, 70s, and more 2,000s I don’t get so many,only about one top score in the last 6 months.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Shazam is an album by the Move as any prospective Popmaster would know:rock:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here