Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pop Up Adverts

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yep, Subaru this morning, twice after aabout 4 pages. not sure i understand how they come through, still have the three banner ads displayed for different products, related to recent searches/surfing.

duly clicked.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Am I right in thinking that just by clicking on the ads, money is generated for this site? Or do you have to buy via the click before money is generated. I am more than happy to click on the ads a few times each time I log on if that genertates a bit of money as it seems a very small price to pay for a site that keeps me entertained so much.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
yep, Subaru this morning, twice after aabout 4 pages. not sure i understand how they come through, still have the three banner ads displayed for different products, related to recent searches/surfing.

duly clicked.

Speaking to the ad provider yesterday, it seems that a banner ad is misbehaving. I'm not very happy because I didn't know that banner ad code had the ability to also present full-screen overlays. It's not what I had subscribed to.

Am I right in thinking that just by clicking on the ads, money is generated for this site? Or do you have to buy via the click before money is generated. I am more than happy to click on the ads a few times each time I log on if that genertates a bit of money as it seems a very small price to pay for a site that keeps me entertained so much.

It's a mixture - most ads earn for NSC for just being on screen. Some will only pay if clicked. I have no idea which are which. The simple thing is to only click on ads for something that you are interested in, and ignore everything else. If NSC's click-through rates suddenly jumped up massively, it would look suspicious and we could be removed from the ad programme(s).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I just got the Suburu one... and then a bloke in an armchair wheeling along the street... both easily banished by clicking X... but irritating.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The suburu one seems to come up a couple of times after you first use NSC then disappears for good. Odd.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
attachment.jpg
2016-04-15-09-50-45-850535394.jpeg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Imagine you're carrying a large pile of boxes filled with glass objects from a department store to your car, and are both worried that the whole lot will fall over, smashing everything inside, and also you can't put the pile down. Now imagine that your flies are undone too, and every single bloody person you pass says "Hey, did you know your flies are undone?". How irritating do you think that would be?

That's Bozza now (I'm guessing here). I'm sure he'll post here when the problem is fixed. In the meantime, how about we just leave him to it? I'm sure he'll zip himself up when he can.

Oh - Bozza - I've got it too... :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Overlay for Subaru and something else when I first logged on this morning. It has been like this for a few days.

Also, when I try to log on the page is very awkward, like its attempting to load things. Its been like this for about a week, and on a couple of occasions I've just not bothered to log on, and have gone off to do something useful instead.

It seems to have got worse since I attempted to follow the links a couple of folk posted for a stream of the Forest game, but that may simply be overweening guilt (your honour). :facepalm:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Hey Bozza, your flies are undone ......

So when you've sorted that, please can you stop these pesky Subaru full page pop-up adds that persistently appear on NSC on my 'puter.

Thanking you muchly ....

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Just had a full screen pop up ad for a pulled pork recipe. As a vegetarian, I find the logic behind the advertisers algorithms somewhat perplexing.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just had a full page Audi ad that has sprung up twice on NSC. Is this supposed to happen [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

Just had a full page Audi ad that has sprung up twice on NSC. Is this supposed to happen [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

Had that, and Subaru and Some old fella being pulled along in an armchair. Every time it happens the site is really slow afterwards.

Very annoying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here