Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor show BHAFC very poor show.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I have just called up the club to sign my darling daughter up to the Young Seagulls, i asked will she receive her replica shirt before her birthday.

Young Lady:Unfortunately you have missed the deadline.

ME: Whats is the deadline.

Young Lady:It's a month.

ME:I look at my watch (which has not been updated to today date, 30 day months!!) which reads the 9th and said i have missed it by one day, surely you can sort something out.

Young Lady:she replies two days actually.

ME: So because i am a bad father and not registered my daughter on Friday she will not receive a replica shirt.

Young Lady: That's right.

ME:
So we have a potential customer which could spend thousand over a lifetime with her dad and brother and wife and because i am 2 days late she can't have one.

Young Lady: That's right, rules are rules.

I am not even asking for it AFTER her birthday in fact nearly a MONTH before.

Is this POOR TRAINING in customer services or just LACK OF FORESIGHT from BHAFC?

SO fecked off with the club, there is a tipping point with all customers and because of that call so tempted to say goodbye after a paying customer of 40+ YEARS.

:angry:

My local has happy hour......If I miss it by a minute I can`t get cheap pint....I`ll try the poor staff training in customer services, lack of foresight argument tomorrow and see where it gets me......You missed a deadline TOUGH..

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Wouldnot of happened back in the day. Today its all Tobys and hipsters wharing replica shirts, even the kids wouldnt wear them in case got a slap. shameful if you ask me, no wonder hard working class people like me stopped going.

Regards

DR

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Wouldnot of happened back in the day. Today its all Tobys and hipsters wharing replica shirts, even the kids wouldnt wear them in case got a slap. shameful if you ask me, no wonder hard working class people like me stopped going.

Regards

DR

Additionally the blood stains would have spoiled them when it got a bit tasty.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Make sure Tony Bloom hears about this. I'm sure he will be sympathetic when he loses 10 million a year after paying for the stadium.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Regards

DR

Could you try that again in English ? or have you been dribbling on your keyboard again :drool:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
At the end of the day, it's a freebie and the OP had plenty of time to organise it without trying to do it at the last minute. So no sympathy from me.

Serious answer is i did not know there was a months deadline and i did actually try online Friday and it was a mare to do, it may be me but i suspect it was the poor website navigation.
Less serious answer, Ernest there was small print you wouldn't UNDERSTAND that.

Open to suggestions???

I would hazard a guess that the rules are in place to prevent fraudulent claims affecting the club's finances. Seeing the posts about the changed requirements for receiving the shirt (now collection only) would tally with that.

Having said that, you might have got somewhere if you'd explained that you'd tried on the website and been unable to complete the process. Accompany that explanation with constructive feedback on why you were unable to do so, and they may have found it possible to bend the rules as a thank you for the feedback.

I'm gonna take a punt that the woman on the end of the phone wasn't high up at Brighton. They probably have strict rules and guidelines to stick too to stop people abusing it, flouting etc. Chances her she can't be flexible, but someone higher up maybe can?

OP has mentioned it was a supervisor, which implies high enough to have a certain degree of discretion, but at the same time that discretion is likely bounded within tight constraints. I'd hazard a guess that the OP's summary of the conversation likely isn't word-for-word accurate and that had a different approach been taken by the OP a different result may have eventuated.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Blatant ageism. Why didn't you all subsidise me for a free shirt when I retired?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Regards

DR

So, is that "hard, working-class people like me" or "hard-working, class people like me" or "hard-working working-class people like me" or what?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Buy her one you skinflint...At least that way you are contributing to the club not robbing it!
This was my initial thought as well. The club staff member never hinted at you being 'bad dad ' either so why even mention it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If only there was somewhere online where it clearly stated the criteria for qualifying for a FREE replica shirt. Somewhere you could have found out all the relevant information about Young Seagulls at some point throughout the past two years.

Oh... http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fans/youngseagulls/

You knew about the FREE replica shirt, so you must have had some idea about what's involved? Yes, it's a bit annoying, but suck it up – it's your mistake, I'm afraid #AlwaysReadTheSmallPrint

Like some others, Jnr Bobkin didn't get his voucher (or I didn't realise it WAS a voucher) on his 7th birthday, but that's life – first world problems and all that. We got him one anyway, I seem to remember.

I think what the club offers for FREE to the young fans is brilliant. If I'm honest, it annoys me that people are having a pop at the club or calling it a 'poor show'. Rules are rules. Just like the people that moaned because they couldn't get a precious beer a few minutes before kick-off a while back when I was queueing – it's the rules. Get yourself organised and get a drink earlier.

And in answer to someone's question earlier it's the same Jnr Bobkin's 8th birthday this week and yes, we WILL be going up to the club on a non-matchday to get his some Albion clobber.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If only there was somewhere online where it clearly stated the criteria for qualifying for a FREE replica shirt. Somewhere you could have found out all the relevant information about Young Seagulls at some point throughout the past two years.

Oh... http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fans/youngseagulls/

You knew about the FREE replica shirt, so you must have had some idea about what's involved? Yes, it's a bit annoying, but suck it up – it's your mistake, I'm afraid #AlwaysReadTheSmallPrint

Like some others, Jnr Bobkin didn't get his voucher (or I didn't realise it WAS a voucher) on his 7th birthday, but that's life – first world problems and all that. We got him one anyway, I seem to remember.

I think what the club offers for FREE to the young fans is brilliant. If I'm honest, it annoys me that people are having a pop at the club or calling it a 'poor show'. Rules are rules. Just like the people that moaned because they couldn't get a precious beer a few minutes before kick-off a while back when I was queueing – it's the rules. Get yourself organised and get a drink earlier.

And in answer to someone's question earlier it's the same Jnr Bobkin's 8th birthday this week and yes, we WILL be going up to the club on a non-matchday to get his some Albion clobber.

Was with you all the way, right up until that bit.

I don't think its unreasonable to expect to be able to get a beer in under 40 minutes, when you've started queuing for it at 6.50pm. But I realise perhaps I've set the bar a little too high on my expectation levels in the WSU.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Threads like this will lead to the free shirts being withdrawn by the club. It will become more trouble than its worth.

Its a free shirt, for being signed up to the scheme, if you arent signed up then tough luck! As mentioned previously I am suprised you only have to be signed up a month before to recieve this.

This smacks to me that the OP thought they will get there little one a free bday present saving them a few quid. I cant see what the club has done wrong here. You were at fault. Classic blame culture.

The two options which it seems like to me is:

1. You have known about this for a while but just havent been bothered to do anything about it until a month before.

2. Recently found out about it in the last week and just missed out. In which case its a bit tough luck.

el punal

Was with you all the way, right up until that bit.

I don't think its unreasonable to expect to be able to get a beer in under 40 minutes, when you've started queuing for it at 6.50pm. But I realise perhaps I've set the bar a little too high on my expectation levels in the WSU.

Never, ever, ever have expectation levels regarding catering in the West Upper. It's enough to turn a man to drink . . . . oh, wait a minute . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here