[Albion] Poogate

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think I’d rather stare at a blank space than read about this

I agree, and what right does Naylor have to write about a player's medical condition? It's all very 'humourous' with the names in this thread, but what about medical confidentiality?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I agree, and what right does Naylor have to write about a player's medical condition? It's all very 'humourous' with the names in this thread, but what about medical confidentiality?

Agree 100%, I think something like this should be mentioned by a journalist, he should stick to sport.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's how bowel cancer (a medical condition is diagnosed) Have you ever seen the Bristol Stool chart? It is a medical condition.

Yes, it's how medical conditions can be diagnosed. Having a poo isn't a medical condition. You stated that Naylor has written about a player's medical condition, when actually he hasn't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, it's how medical conditions can be diagnosed. Having a poo isn't a medical condition. You stated that Naylor has written about a player's medical condition, when actually he hasn't.

Having excessive poos can mean colitis, which we know one player has, or irritable bowel syndrome etc.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Having excessive poos can mean colitis, which we know one player has, or irritable bowel syndrome etc.

I'm sorry TB but that's a real stretch. A player effectively tells Naylor he gets a bit nervous before the game and you are making a potential medical diagnosis. Just a bit of fun as I'm sure the player and Naylor intended it to be. He could have said he gets upset after a loss but it doesn't mean he has depression.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Right, but we don't know Naylor is quoting a player with a medical condition. You stated he was. You don't know that.

I'm sorry TB but that's a real stretch. A player effectively tells Naylor he gets a bit nervous before the game and you are making a potential medical diagnosis. Just a bit of fun as I'm sure the player and Naylor intended it to be. He could have said he gets upset after a loss but it doesn't mean he has depression.

Pre match nerves is a medical condition.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Did The Athletic move away from their launch brief to deliver quality journalism at some point?

“At the end of the day the group most under-served there are the readers. I think that is what we’ve aimed to return to – how we give sports fans and consumers a product that they want, that they deserve and that goes back to the fundamental tenants of quality journalism,”

There was a clue that at least one of the fundamental tenets of quality Journalism, was not going to be provided.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Jeremy Seemenumbertwo

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I well remember that almost everyone went for an EPMD (essential pre match dump) when I played rugby.
The stench of the main bogs was spectacular.
Didn't effect me as a made a point of sneaking into the headmasters bog for significant movements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports