Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pomey sold out?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Mine arrived today. From memory I think they were for Block S Row W.

People aren't actually planning on sitting in their designated seats are they?
If it's a sell out, it's difficult to rattle around, without leaving hundreds of supporters unable to get into their allocated block (let alone their seat).

It's not a problem if there are a few hundred unsold seats.

Imagine not bothering with designated seats at the Amex.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
If it's a sell out, it's difficult to rattle around, without leaving hundreds of supporters unable to get into their allocated block (let alone their seat).

Only reason i ask is my missus got her ticket seperatly from me & i don't fancy her sitting on her own. Hopefully the people around my seat are sympathetic.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The trouble is people don't get to choose their exact seats for away games.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So is it sold out yet or not?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
People aren't actually planning on sitting in their designated seats are they?

Why not? Tomorrow is sold out, and it is a crappy cramped away end which does not lend itself to moving around, and the stewards are liable to be fairly insistent on people on taking their correct seats. The problem we have is that quite a few people actually DO want to sit in their seat, but once the first hundred or so displacements happen it tends to be a free for all. Quite often my seat has been taken so I end up going somewhere else and then the seat holder turns up demanding their seat, which is an annoying but perfectly fair request. It really is a total ballache to be honest and I'd prefer these sold out games to have people sit in their own seat. if you want to sit with your mates get organised and buy them together, if you cannot be bothered to do it then tough.

It would be a whole lot less stressful if the tickets were sold as unallocated then we wouldn't have this problem. I'd have thought that this week of all weeks we wouldn't want to be bending the rules to suit our own ends.

but once the first hundred or so displacements happen it tends to be a free for all. Quite often my seat has been taken so I end up going somewhere else and then the seat holder turns up demanding their seat, which is an annoying but perfectly fair request.

I'm all for unallocated seating but i'm sick and tired of someone demanding that I move because i'm in 'their seat' and I haven't bothered to move the, let's say, pissed up spotty teenager in 'my seat'. as much as i'm in the 'rules are meant to be broken' camp, sitting in the seat number that's on your ticket is just easier for everyone

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm all for unallocated seating but i'm sick and tired of someone demanding that I move because i'm in 'their seat' and I haven't bothered to move the, let's say, pissed up spotty teenager in 'my seat'. as much as i'm in the 'rules are meant to be broken' camp, sitting in the seat number that's on your ticket is just easier for everyone

Totally agree with that. even though I find it annoying that my seat has gone, I have been to away games before and accept it is common practice so just move on. it is astonishing the number of times that you end up in the seat of someone who is insistent on taking their seat despite the fact that no-one else is. Also as TMLS pointed out they tend to do this at 2.55 or 3pm! which makes it even more annoying.

Tomorrow it would be easier if everyone took their own seat, but we all know that is unlikely. Still I don't even know what my seat is yet, so that's for another thread!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Tomorrow it would be easier if everyone took their own seat

And the atmosphere wouldn't be as good because groups of mates wouldn't all be sat together, they'd be spread out across the stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here