Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll - We have had a big influx of posters in the last year ( I think?)

Has NSC improved with the influx of posters?

• Total voters

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
I think we should have a poll to ascertain just when we went to our first match at the Goldstone. I reckon I'd have a pretty good standing with 1973 although not as good as some.

Lol!

Seriously though, this thread is a bit like asking 'did you prefer when we had just a few thousand knocking about an old athletics track or do you prefer the top spec Amex, packed to the rafters and heaving with old and new Albion fans?'

Got to accept change if we want to grow.

What's the Gold stone??

:jester:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I find it brilliant that some of the JCL's "dont get it" sometimes. It makes this place even more fun.

I have found all the lol lol lol xxxx lol lol lol xxxx smiley shit very tedious though.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think I joined the here the day after Coppell arrived to see what the reaction was and have probably logged on weekly at least ever since.

There have always been people that are a matter of taste but at least they seemed to understand the fabric of the site (Les Beihn or whatever his name was for example). Over time, the newbies who post endless amounts of banal shite have got worse (Steward 477, presumably his daily post count) before the proliferation of the current lot for which words fail me – I sometimes think I have logged onto lonelysaddos.com. Hopefully they will disappear when they find a site where people actually care about their feelings.

There is still gold amongst the Iron pyrite but it’s less and less (or more diluted anyway) but I’m still here and I dare say will be still here this time next year.

More : Recruitment agent threads (RIP Frank), Seagulls stuck in the roof, How do you like your Steaks done? Gary Hart to Bristol City for 500K, Awful Racing tips, Will Pompey fold? and Hiney Art

Less : My Cats been sick : HELP!, Does anyone know how I open my front door? Does my mum hate me? Can someone google this for me?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must be missing something. I am on here far more than is good for me, and can't honestly say I've seen much hun xxx lol bollocks at all. And believe me, I reckon I'm up there with the least tolerant people on such matters - I remember blowing a fuse when the Wrexham love-in polluted the board to absurd levels.

Maybe I just avoid threads where this sort of annoying thing is prevalent? I barely popped on the Falkor thread as I didn't feel there was anything I could contribute to add value. But ultimately there are about 4 posters on here who when I see their names popping up over and over again on the same thread, I just tend to avoid the thread on the assumption that the thread is going to be mind numbingly tedious, over personal and completely unfunny. Judging by what people are saying on here, I'm probably right on this one. LOL x

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I must be missing something. I am on here far more than is good for me, and can't honestly say I've seen much hun xxx lol bollocks at all. And believe me, I reckon I'm up there with the least tolerant people on such matters - I remember blowing a fuse when the Wrexham love-in polluted the board to absurd levels.

Maybe I just avoid threads where this sort of annoying thing is prevalent? I barely popped on the Falkor thread as I didn't feel there was anything I could contribute to add value. But ultimately there are about 4 posters on here who when I see their names popping up over and over again on the same thread, I just tend to avoid the thread on the assumption that the thread is going to be mind numbingly tedious, over personal and completely unfunny. Judging by what people are saying on here, I'm probably right on this one. LOL x

Funny thing is when I saw this thread, I thought if there was one poster who would blow a fuse on it, it would be the Archbishop of Banterbury (or AOB if we are shortening). You must be getting more tolerant in your old age.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Funny thing is when I saw this thread, I thought if there was one poster who would blow a fuse on it, it would be the Archbishop of Banterbury (or AOB if we are shortening). You must be getting more tolerant in your old age.
I did have a hearty chuckle when I saw AOB first mentioned on one of these LOL hun x threads.

Anyway it's probably about time we had some half and half scarves made up - One half could have Fox & Sons (or some other agent of any kind) written on it, and the other half could have "LOL xx Take Care Hun xx" on display. They'd sell like hot cakes, however tat the quality is.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Why does everyone confuse the "Off Topic" aspect of the board with what others are talking about. The best thing about NSC is the humorous, disgusting, informative, miscellaneous stuff. This is VERY different to the crap "yeah just feeling a bit low todays x oh well, kid got a swimming badge xxx" shit that the Off Topic is filled up with nowadays. What about if a topic does interest but it's veered towards boring old flirty shite and social nonsense ("oh you ARE naughty :lol: xx") the whole f***ing time?

Some newer members might say "the more the merrier" but what option do the old members have who liked it before all this old shit started?

Oh, and for the record, I'm not really casting myself as an "old" member and therefore in some sort of privileged position, my lifetime on here has been much shorter than most. I have, however, been reading the site for nearly 10 years and I can honestly say that a certain group of posters are turning it into an absolute shadow of what it used to be.

xxx

Well said.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I barely popped on the Falkor thread as I didn't feel there was anything I could contribute to add value. But ultimately there are about 4 posters on here who when I see their names popping up over and over again on the same thread, I just tend to avoid the thread on the assumption that the thread is going to be mind numbingly tedious, over personal and completely unfunny. Judging by what people are saying on here, I'm probably right on this one. LOL x

I agree that it's not that bad around the rest of the board, I think that Falkor thread is probably what set all this off because the lololoverkill in there was something to behold. Even people who don't usually do it were lolololhunxxxxxxing on everysinglebloodypost (FFSstopitandgrowup).

I've always thought that NSC is largely self policing on the content. If someone is constantly posting crap in every thread there will always be some kind of backlash in the form of some mild pisstaking until they clalm down. It's happened loads of times before (see 1066,steward433,kevtheape) and most of the recipients turn out to be decent enough contributors to NSC on the back of it.

I see this fuss about the lolololhunxxxxxxing as part of that organic self policing in progress - the masses have seen how the lolololhunxxxxxxing spread like a virus in the Falkor thread and have decided to nip it in the bud. Basically we've found a cure for messageboardHIV!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Anyway it's probably about time we had some half and half scarves made up - One half could have Fox & Sons (or some other agent of any kind) written on it, and the other half could have "LOL xx Take Care Hun xx" on display. They'd sell like hot cakes, however tat the quality is.

What like those T-Shirts with FIXTURES written on them? They sold well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I remember when quite a few folk on here used to get their usernames on the back of their shirts, have lots of in conversations, and have grand meet ups as if they were all mates in real life or something. Id say we have just gone full circle thats all. Seems to be some serious hypersensitivity right now though.

The names on the Shirt thing was very funny.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I find it amazing that people can get so up set about what is basically an evolution of language, or should i say a continuing evolution of language because that is what it constantly does. I love how the kids have turned verse into a verb and they talk about who they are versing and who they versed. I love the fact that it irritates their teachers and parents because that I what we are supposed to do with language. One thing is for sure if Shakespeare was around today their would be lol'ing all the way though his plays!

So why don't we all just Chillax and let language evolve how it will and how it does like the words binfest and this etc etc. that get used so often but are deemed okay.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I find it amazing that people can get so up set about what is basically an evolution of language, or should i say a continuing evolution of language because that is what it constantly does. I love how the kids have turned verse into a verb and they talk about who they are versing and who they versed. I love the fact that it irritates their teachers and parents because that I what we are supposed to do with language. One thing is for sure if Shakespeare was around today their would be lol'ing all the way though his plays!

So why don't we all just Chillax and let language evolve how it will and how it does like the words binfest and this etc etc. that get used so often but are deemed okay.

wrong thread???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
wrong thread???

I was reading Billy the Fish's thread and thought I was on the other one!!!:mad::mad:

To be fair I am not going to post on that other thread it has gone absolutely f***ing mental.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here