Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll - We have had a big influx of posters in the last year ( I think?)

Has NSC improved with the influx of posters?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So did you prefer NSC before or have the newbies improved things??

I see we seem to have lost quite a few of the original posters, a few by banning and others for whatever reason ( a life probably)

So what do you think?

This is not meant to be a " Has NSC turned shit" thread btw as the only thing I really miss personally are the mega binfests which we can't have anymore...

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think we should have a poll to ascertain just when we went to our first match at the Goldstone. I reckon I'd have a pretty good standing with 1973 although not as good as some.

Lol!

Seriously though, this thread is a bit like asking 'did you prefer when we had just a few thousand knocking about an old athletics track or do you prefer the top spec Amex, packed to the rafters and heaving with old and new Albion fans?'

Got to accept change if we want to grow.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I think we should have a poll to ascertain just when we went to our first match at the Goldstone. I reckon I'd have a pretty good standing with 1973 although not as good as some.

Lol!

Seriously though, this thread is a bit like asking 'did you prefer when we had just a few thousand knocking about an old athletics track or do you prefer the top spec Amex, packed to the rafters and heaving with old and new Albion fans?'

Got to accept change if we want to grow.

No. No it's not. This poll is not about the ground attendance figures. It's about NSC, and that to quite few of us, it's become polluted by posters with verbal diarrhea, who'd rather post here than in facebook.
I hope that helps. :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No. No it's not. This poll is not about the ground attendance figures. It's about NSC, and that to quite few of us, it's become polluted by posters with verbal diarrhea, who'd rather post here than in facebook.

That sums it up for me.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The new social clique thing is really ruining a lot of the site. Too many "Hi hun how are you today x" posts. Also new posters telling off people for being too crude because they essentially want a Brighton forum not NSC (but feel that as NSC is advertised as a Brighton forum then they should be able to dictate what that means) is also bloody annoying.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Not sure what the point of this is. If new posters have broken the rules, ban them. If not, what? Nice way to make new posters feel welcome!

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
I used to post a lot when we were sh@t, under a different name, now i'm back when we are good and it still seems the same as ever. Still a bit clicky with the old-timers who have thousands and thousands of posts and think they are some sort of super fan when I always thought that being a fan was going and supporting your team not sitting behind a keyboard typing JCL at people.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I feel another binfest about to strike. It is the time of the month for them it seems!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For me, the board would be improved if new members could be limited to maybe 5 posts a day for the first 12 months of their membership.

It could be called The Wizard Clause.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Never done Facebook in my life but judging by comments on here I know I never will now NSC has changed somewhat very quickly.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Well perhaps that should have been made clearer in the post then. It was a bit vague and I believe the premise will mean different things to different people. I've been reading north stand chat for longer than i wish to remember and like another poster said, posting under a different name so long ago i can't even remember it. North Stand Chat has always had a variety of members and topics. There were just fewer of them then. Surely it's not hard to ignore topics that do not interest?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
as the only thing I really miss personally are the mega binfests which we can't have anymore...

The Friday afternoon binfests were good fun when they were a weekly occurence.

Think the board is a better place since the ban on extreme politics/religion, less people trolling on a daily basis. Definitely some of the newbies need to grow a pair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here