Votes: 107 45.9%
  • No I want him to go

Votes: 126 54.1%

• Total voters

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think this question is now unanswerable. If Poyet and Bloom are at one again then yes.... if not then no. What Im sure of is that I hope that if Gus goes we have let the RIGHT person go. ONLY time will tell...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
His public pronouncements, especially re budget, Leeds love, and hitting the (non-existent) ceiling, are enough on their own to mean he has to go. On top of this, based on the info I received from a good source more than 4 weeks ago, I am pretty sure (not certain now) he will be found to have been in breach of contract. I'm afraid he has well and truly burnt his bridges with the Chairman. Very, very foolish on Gus' part, and rather sad given his achievements as our manager. Ho hum, onwards and upwards. The club MUST always come first.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Absolute 100% no brainer for me. Yes.

Two simple reasons really:

1 - Bottom of League 1 to 4th in the Championship. FOURTH. I don't care what anyone says. That's a great job.

2 - The only fact from the 'fallout' I KNOW is the interview I witnessed. At the time I said "That's frustration talking" and I stick with it now. That interview alone is nowhere near enough to make me want him to go. So, based on that, if the club find through the 'internal process' that they are happy for him to stay then so am I. I want a good football manager here. His stats show he is that. End of.

I'm not the one who has to work with him every day, so if someone who does says they are happy for him to stay, then how can I possibly say that I don't want him to?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not the forgone conclusion many people might have expected from the poll !

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
No, too defensive. No plan B. Cries about budgets all the time, touts himself for other clubs a lot and strange tactics.

He's a good manager. But championship at best, we deserve better.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Before this all kicked off I would like to have seen him have one more crack at getting us promotion. If his position is tenable then I'd still like to see this happen.

I have my suspicions that he'll be gone, if not today then very very soon.

There is currently nobody else around that could do a better job for us in my view. Sometimes it really is better the devil you know :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, too defensive. No plan B. Cries about budgets all the time, touts himself for other clubs a lot and strange tactics.

He's a good manager. But championship at best, we deserve better.

'No plan B' is a mantra by those who are sheep, and want something to bash Poyet with. His win ratio is the third best ever in the history of the club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Best manager we have had for many years, why would anyone want him to go?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
For me it's a no, nothing about the recent "situation". He's tactically limited and has being putting himself "in the frame" at every opportunity.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The question is whether i want him to stay and the answer is a simple and honest yes. Whether i think he now will is an obviously alternative answer, sadly. He'd need to feel mostly supported and them in charge will need to feel he is carrying out the tasks required of him without much rebuke. If the relationship is unmanageable then there's only one solution and that's to bid him farewell.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Best manager we have had for many years, why would anyone want him to go?

Because he believe he has hit the ceiling with us, if he thinks this is as far we will go without spending money we don't have, then yes. I'd like him to go.
Not sure what you're 'hmm'ing about. 1 winger and a lone, isolated striker is normal? Right
'No plan B' is a mantra by those who are sheep, and want something to bash Poyet with. His win ratio is the third best ever in the history of the club.

Is it? Plenty of games we should have won, but when teams played deep were in trouble. Charlton at home being the prime example.

I really don't understand this unconditional support for Gus, and anyone to criticise him is thrown the same argument. It's like he's Kim Jong Un, and you're his followers. I know Mustafa would love that comparison.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

It's a bit of a loose term, but I generally agree that he doesn't have a plan B, or doesn't implement it quickly enough. If we go behind in a game, we seriously struggle to break teams down and he doesn't make attacking substitutions (e.g LuaLua) until it's too late. I lost count of the amount of times last season where we were trailing/drawing then LuaLua came on and we looked much more of a threat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here