Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Poll: Are you going to the Brentford game?

Are you going to the Brentford game?

• Yes

Votes: 94 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 172 56.0%
  • Haven’t decided yet

Votes: 41 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You only have to look at recent games to see packed stadiums and very few empty seats .

No wonder other fans don’t take us seriously . We really are a soft wet bunch . Reflective in atmosphere also . Our love is not unconditional .

Nope , not going either . The football is crap at the moment and travel puts me off

Well we aren't called southern softies for nothing you know. :p

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Boxing Day games generally always a no-no, as family gatherings take precedence.
That's the predominant reason, though rubbish transport situation and Covid also play a part.
Do have tickets for Chelsea, but reckon it will be off ...

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
You only have to look at recent games to see packed stadiums and very few empty seats .

No wonder other fans don’t take us seriously . We really are a soft wet bunch . Reflective in atmosphere also . Our love is not unconditional .

Nope , not going either . The football is crap at the moment and travel puts me off

This is the culture the club has created. It’s all about on field success and ambition over any kind of sentimentality or supporter appreciation. Just look at the way they treated Chris Hughton.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Only because I'm being dropped off and then picked up afterwards, otherwise I wouldn't be going.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I 100% was going until this latest variant took hold, I am now giving it a miss as my wife is likely to be very vulnerable if she gets Covid. Things have changed dramatically in the last two weeks :down:

Christmas cancelled due to one of my grandchildren testing positive yesterday.

What a load of shit :down:

Wise move. My immune system’s fine, but this has been a bummer of an illness. I would hate my parents to get it for example.

All the best to Mrs.Icy, I hope you have a nice Xmas anyway.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
No. Like watching Brighton, like Boxing Day evenings with the family more. Would have made the effort for lunchtime or 3pm though.

Same here for at least three of my clan if not four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I was 100% out as I tested positive for Covid on Sunday 19th (symptoms began the night before).

It now looks like with negative LF tests on Xmas Eve and Xmas Day I will be allowed out on Boxing Day.

However, just feels a bit...I dunno, callous?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was 100% out as I tested positive for Covid on Sunday 19th (symptoms began the night before).

It now looks like with negative LF tests on Xmas Eve and Xmas Day I will be allowed out on Boxing Day.

However, just feels a bit...I dunno, callous?

It's a bit of an unnecessary risk. I can understand the reduced isolation when essential, but attending a mass event on the 7th day isn't something I would think about personally. Put it this way, I wouldn't want to be sat next to you! (no offense). :D

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's a bit of an unnecessary risk. I can understand the reduced isolation when essential, but attending a mass event on the 7th day isn't something I would think about personally. Put it this way, I wouldn't want to be sat next to you! (no offense). :D
I agree and I won't be going.

I'll probably treat myself to a walk or MTB ride on Boxing Day and then watch on TV.

It does irk a bit as there's every chance it's the last game for a while as well, and I took many precautions over the last 2 weeks to try and keep my Christmas intact, however my workplace did not and I caught it there.

Bad messaging from the government though - I have no doubt many in my position will take it as a green light and be out everywhere.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I’m in the same situation. I’ll be ‘free’ by Christmas if I’m negative on the LFT tomorrow & Friday. However, I have my doubts as to whether I will be but will see.

The latest research coming out on the LFT is that it is an excellent and reliable indicator of how infectious people are rather than IF they are infected or not. If someone is genuinely testing negative on an LFT, I’d trust the rules on this one.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes. Christmas Day is the 'big day', Boxing Day is pretty low key so no drama in having a nice late lunch and then sloping off out in the evening to watch a game (with Junior who'll probably be glad to escape from his mother in law) whilst the rest slouch in front of the telly. Don't use the buses and ground will be half empty so even easier than usual to shuffle around and maintain some distance, so not unduly worried about Covid either.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm actually paying money to Seagulls Travel for the first time ever and I STILL hope the game gets postponed. And that's the view of someone who lives less than three miles from the Amex. What a shit state of affairs all round

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Still undecided - main anti factor is number of idiots and anti-vaxers not wearing masks on the concourses and in the ground.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No, entirely down to the kick off time.

Every year a friend invites us over on Boxing Day evening. A lunchtime or 3pm kick off and I would have gone, any later and I can't. A big shout out to anyone working or, worse, volunteering at the game. There is simply no amount of money that would tempt me into work at that time on a Public Holiday.

Maybe if the club want to win back some good will they can have a quiet word with the other PL clubs and tell the TV companies that a fixture kicking off at that time on a day for family and friends is completely unacceptable.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I’ve shared my tickets with a friend.

Is there a requirement to fill out a form ahead of the game? I may have dreamt this

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve shared my tickets with a friend.

Is there a requirement to fill out a form ahead of the game? I may have dreamt this

You should have had an email that has a link to another box-ticking exercise on symptoms etc - and when I shared a ticket for the Wolves game the transferee got one as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1473648495521406983[/tweet]

Did 'we' know Gross an Maupay were available for Wolves but not selected.

As per Max Rushden - Guardian Football Weekly.

theboybilly

Yes.

Christmas is all over the shop anyway because my partner and daughter both working.

Ridiculous time though. I don't even think the TV audience will be that high at that time on Boxing Day - its not like its Liverpool v Man Utd

The 8pm slot should really have been given to Chelsea v Palace. A London Derby (sort of) and public transport running across Greater London. Its the only fixture on this day that should have been considered given the lack of Boxing Day trains

Edit: I've just noticed there is a regular service from East Croydon and Norwood Jct into London Bridge or Victoria so really, what were they thinking?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You bet your sweet bippy I'm going. I'll have been housebound for nearly three days by then - crisp night air and Christmas football will be just the thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here