Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Police officer using excessive force in Eastbourne!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I’m gonna take a punt and say you weren’t a black teenager in custody at Brixton nick in the 1970’s and 80’s? Those weren’t options.

I'm sorry to hear that you were treated so unfairly. What options were you given?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don’t understand your first paragraph.

Nobody is arguing coppers weren’t worse.

With respect, what are you talking about? Did you quote the wrong post?

for an arrested black lad in Brixton in the 70's keeping quiet and signing nothing may have not been a viable option as you suggested....i was agreeing .

i had black mates who got nicked for defending themselves in Worthing in the 80's who were taken up the downs and kicked to shit before being taken to the station , charged with assault police , resist arrest etc ......

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If somebody spat in my face I wouldn't give them a peck on the cheek either

me neither but someone above suggested that if you are going to react aggressively to being spat at in the face then you are not fit to be a policeman.
suggesting then that it should be accepted as part of the job.???

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
me neither but someone above suggested that if you are going to react aggressively to being spat at in the face then you are not fit to be a policeman.
suggesting then that it should be accepted as part of the job.???
I’m sure in police school they don’t say everyone you arrest will be nice and polite :shrug:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
yeah , a lot of the new recruits got sent up to police the Yorkshire miners strike and came back all billy big bollox......

I worked for a while at Maidstone Police station as a contractor and was told about the bonus's paid to the officers that were bused down to the Kent collieries at Snowdown and Bettshanger , seems that money was no object when it came to rolling over the miners

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I’m gonna take a punt and say you weren’t a black teenager in custody at Brixton nick in the 1970’s and 80’s? Those weren’t options.

The era gave birth to the joke "how many coppers does it take to break an egg?"

"None, it fell down the stairs"

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Sussex police had a reputation on the 80’s and 90’s. ******** they were.

In about 1990 I made an official complaint against a Sussex Police officer who had been giving me a lot of harassment through his job because he'd taken a shine to my girlfriend of the time and regarded me as the obstacle to his affections. He thought he could use his job to try and get me out of the way. I gathered enough damning evidence against him before making my complaint against him. Because of the strength of my evidence Sussex Police had no choice but to get rid of him, but instead of sacking him they did their customary arrangement where they got him to resign before the investigation into my complaint was concluded. That way Sussex Police didnt have a black mark against them and he got to keep his pension together with an unblemished service record.

A year later i was walking home one evening and a police officer in a patrol car which was parked up made a comment as i walked by telling me i was the ******** who'd caused all the aggravation. I immediately recognised him as the friend and former colleague of the c**t who had been obliged to leave the force following my complaint.

An argument ensued and i was arrested. His story was that i was a total stranger who was previously unknown to him who tried to attack him for no reason. He was telling two lies because for a start i was very well known to him because of my previous dealings with his mate which he knew about and had become involved in, and secondly i never tried to attack him.

I was charged even though Sussex Police knew the real story of our past association. Eventually i was able to prove that i was previously known to him which immediately threw doubt on his story that i'd tried to attack him, so I was found not guilty.

A few years later he himself was charged for assaulting his girlfriend. I also found out that he had a history of violence against another girlfriend who'd reported him too but hadnt pressed charges. I think he managed to get off the one he was charged with as far as im aware but i have no doubt he was guilty. I heard from a third woman who wasnt his girlfriend that he'd once got a bit "forceful" with her after a night out.

And this guy managed to see out his service to his retirement despite his dubious history of treatment towards women.

That was the 80s/90s. I dont know if the same level of tolerance is shown now as it was then.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I’m sure in police school they don’t say everyone you arrest will be nice and polite :shrug:

having been spat at in the face i'm sure ones first natural reaction would be to knock the gobbee spark out , understandably so i may add.

there is a case in Warrnambool Victoria going through the courts now where a motorist pulled over and attacked two coppers with a baseball bat ......he's pleading mental health issues.:rolleyes: it's a different world out there these days , a lot more f-whitts around.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
In about 1990 I made an official complaint against a Sussex Police officer who had been giving me a lot of harassment through his job because he'd taken a shine to my girlfriend of the time and regarded me as the obstacle to his affections. He thought he could use his job to try and get me out of the way. I gathered enough damning evidence against him before making my complaint against him. Because of the strength of my evidence Sussex Police had no choice but to get rid of him, but instead of sacking him they did their customary arrangement where they got him to resign before the investigation into my complaint was concluded. That way Sussex Police didnt have a black mark against them and he got to keep his pension together with an unblemished service record.

A year later i was walking home one evening and a police officer in a patrol car which was parked up made a comment as i walked by telling me i was the ******** who'd caused all the aggravation. I immediately recognised him as the friend and former colleague of the c**t who had been obliged to leave the force following my complaint.

An argument ensued and i was arrested. His story was that i was a total stranger who was previously unknown to him who tried to attack him for no reason. He was telling two lies because for a start i was very well known to him because of my previous dealings with his mate which he knew about and had become involved in, and secondly i never tried to attack him.

I was charged even though Sussex Police knew the real story of our past association. Eventually i was able to prove that i was previously known to him which immediately threw doubt on his story that i'd tried to attack him, so I was found not guilty.

A few years later he himself was charged for assaulting his girlfriend. I also found out that he had a history of violence against another girlfriend who'd reported him too but hadnt pressed charges. I think he managed to get off the one he was charged with as far as im aware but i have no doubt he was guilty. I heard from a third woman who wasnt his girlfriend that he'd once got a bit "forceful" with her after a night out.

And this guy managed to see out his service to his retirement despite his dubious history of treatment towards women.

That was the 80s/90s. I dont know if the same level of tolerance is shown now as it was then.

there were some right ****ers around in the early 80's , i can remember 2 of them by name

our saturday football coach was a copper and he told me to stay well clear of both of them so they were known for it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I worked for a while at Maidstone Police station as a contractor and was told about the bonus's paid to the officers that were bused down to the Kent collieries at Snowdown and Bettshanger , seems that money was no object when it came to rolling over the miners

apparently the OB wouldn't use local coppers for fear of reprisals , shows how calculating they were , the bloke i had issues with just about bought a house outright with the money he earned.

prick ....and then he wondered why everyone turned their noses up at him.

he moved away in the end.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

It always brings an ironic smile to my face when you see on Police shows, officers complaining about a code of silence on the estates they have to police, because when a copper is doing something dodgy, they do the same thing, no one wants to grass, and anyone that does is not trusted afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here