Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've done it 6-7 times, worked every time.

Rename eevee, quit the game, log back in (let the server update your game save), evolve, easy done.
Fair enough, I'll give it a shot next time I'm in a position to evolve an Eevee. :thumbsup:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
- Yes
- With Pokeballs - in game balls that trap the Pokemon
- Once caught there's different options - train them up to fight in the Gyms, keep them there, transfer them to get rid of them, or use the 'candy' (in-game food for each Pokemon) to evolve them to their next evolution (if they have one)
- They are randomly generated, but you find them in locations matching their 'type' ie: more likely to find a 'water' type by the sea or rivers/lakes, or bug/grass ones in houses and in general outdoor areas.
- There's a small window which (should, but it's broken) tell you approximately where they are - you can't see them until they 'appear' but you can use in-game items to lure them out of hiding
- Gyms are local places that players can battle each other's Pokemon. You have to join a 'team' (Valour, Mystic or Instinct) and each team battles to 'control' that particular gym and only one team can control a gym at any one time.
- You level up by: catching Pokemon, visiting PokeStops (and Gyms I think), evolving Pokemon, hatching eggs (which contain Pokemon and only hatch once you have walked a particular distance, each egg varies but is either 2k, 5k or 10k)
- Yes it does. My battery wonders what has hit it on a regular basis. If i'm out and about a lot I take a battery booster with me so i'm not caught short.

Thanks I'm am now a lot more knowledgeable about the game but still none the wiser to the appeal to adults. Sounds like a cross between sticker collecting and geo caching. Each to their own I suppose and as someone else mentioned anything to get people out and about is a good thing. That said I can see people getting hurt either not paying attention to what they are going or trying to get places they shouldn't be.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Get down to Morrisons - their cappuccino doughnuts (5 for 50p) are amazing and almost as high in sugar as their caramel or raspberry jam filled ones. I thought Sainsburys' raspberry ones (5 for 65p) were the dogs until I discovered the Morrisons ones. You can do a five pack in about two minutes tops and it's a far healthier way to spend your day than this fantasy Pokeman crap everyone's boring on about. #Doughnuts Go!

n.b. Asda ones taste like crap - avoid

Tempting, but I'm currently addicted to Lidls doughnuts (Jam 19p each). But I have put Morrisons cappuccino doughnuts on my todo list!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thanks I'm am now a lot more knowledgeable about the game but still none the wiser to the appeal to adults. Sounds like a cross between sticker collecting and geo caching. Each to their own I suppose and as someone else mentioned anything to get people out and about is a good thing. That said I can see people getting hurt either not paying attention to what they are going or trying to get places they shouldn't be.

For me, the appeal is nostalgia - when the original Pokemon came out on the Gameboy around 1998 I was 13, so it was a massive part of my growing up and all my friends were playing it too - it's just an extension of that really, something rebooted from my childhood that's immensely enjoyable.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Smelhurst Park is a no-go area. Heard there's muggings round there for all the Pokémon creatures. :down:

Apparently Chlamydia has been caught there.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Level 21, its becoming increasingly hard now to get Pokemon to stay in Pokeballs. The main advantage is that you tend to hatch and be able to find those with higher CP, but you go through balls very quickly.

Is that what they're actually called?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Sounds like a cross between sticker collecting and geo caching.

A pretty fair summary, to be honest.

Good fun though - I caught a Slowpoke, a Venomoth and a Wartortle on my lunch break, and got a good walk along the seafront into the bargain. :thumbsup:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
If you get the upgraded ones (better chance of successfully catching high level Pokemon), they're called Great Balls - they're not fiery though.

Well, if their not fiery than they are not the ones Jerry Lee Lewis sang about-----goodness gracious!!!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Reached Level 21 today \o/ - getting a bit sick of Pidgey grinding though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was in Cwmbran today spotting Pokemon players, which was quite good fun. I was surprised how many are following this latest fad. Most of the players looked pretty geeky, male generally, usually wearing blue t-shirts and with little or no sun tan (probably due to lack of getting out the house until now).

Does that description match any of the players on here?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I was in Cwmbran today spotting Pokemon players, which was quite good fun. I was surprised how many are following this latest fad. Most of the players looked pretty geeky, male generally, usually wearing blue t-shirts and with little or no sun tan (probably due to lack of getting out the house until now).

Does that description match any of the players on here?

With around 75 million downloads worldwide, I'm sure you'll see all sorts of people playing it. Spanning all ages, genders, socio-economic backgrounds, skin pigmentations and t-shirt choices. Geeks or otherwise.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
With around 75 million downloads worldwide, I'm sure you'll see all sorts of people playing it. Spanning all ages, genders, socio-economic backgrounds, skin pigmentations and t-shirt choices. Geeks or otherwise.
...but not in Cwmbran! It was bizarre, every one of them was wearing a blue t-shirt. To be fair to them they don't hurt anyone and they looked like they were having more fun than I was (being dragged round the shops by the missus).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here