Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Points Required for 6th Place - Us, Liverpool, Spurs & Villa Remaining Fixtures

Points required for 6th place

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I didn't realise that 3rd place in the Europa group stages joins the conference anyway!!!

Even if we have a disappointing european debut I still think we'd have enough not to finish bottom of the group!!!
Exactly. Don’t want to be greedy as 7th and conf would be great but I’d really like 6th for the reason you state - plus no play off in EL like there is to get into ECL…

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
3 wins from out last 6 games guarantees we finish at least 7th and in Europe next season.

Everton, Southampton and one other. Could be another historic night in the north east....

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I didn't realise that 3rd place in the Europa group stages joins the conference anyway!!!

Even if we have a disappointing european debut I still think we'd have enough not to finish bottom of the group!!!

Exactly. Don’t want to be greedy as 7th and conf would be great but I’d really like 6th for the reason you state - plus no play off in EL like there is to get into ECL…

And 3rd place in the Champions League Group joins the Europa League knockout stages.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has anyone with a brain worked out how many points we need for 6th?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Has anyone with a brain worked out how many points we need for 6th?
If Tottenham win their next 3 games, they can finish sixth with 66 points.

Brighton currently have 55 points so it will be, at most, 11 points - considering our significantly better GD.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Tottenham win their next 3 games, they can finish sixth with 66 points.

Brighton currently have 55 points so it will be, at most, 11 points - considering our significantly better GD.
I may be drunk, but I can still do the maths - I went to college. 2 + 1 is 3, quick maths.

I'm looking for mystic meg predictions here, not basic arithmetic.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I may be drunk, but I can still do the maths - I went to college. 2 + 1 is 3, quick maths.

In that the case the answer is that the minimum number of points we need is 2 more than Tottenham and one fewer than Villa.

I’m going to say 8 points. Based on Tottenham winning two games and losing one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In that the case the answer is that the minimum number of points we need is 2 more than Tottenham and one fewer than Villa.

:glare:

I’m going to say 8 points. Based on Tottenham winning two games and losing one.
8 points - ok. So we have to beat Everton and SCC and somehow get 2 points out of the rest.

Hold on - are you intelligent enough for me to trust with this prediction?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

She died the other day - classic Trigggggggg mocking the dead 🙄

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She died the other day - classic Trigggggggg mocking the dead 🙄
I'm asking for someone with Mystic Meg skills - how is that mocking her?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
The results yesterday have me feeling aggrieved all over again about the Palace and Spurs shambles.

I do think we'll get a European spot of some description but you just know they're going to cost us a bigger prize at the end of the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on Trig, put your brain into gear this match day. 'at worst' would be winning only those two home games against teams in the relegation zone.
Yeah I know you meant only those two games - but there's half a chance we won't win them both, and if feels like a reasonable chance we won't get 2/3 points in our games against Arsenal, Necastle, City and Villa. Not a big chance, but getting 6 points from our remaining games doesn't feel like the worst we could do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here