Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Poetic Put Downs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More than 30 years ago a young medic (registrar) doing a spot of research in our department aked me a question, intending to be unctious (he was an egregious greaser), but it came out all wrong. He said:

"May I have the benefit of your enormous opinion?"

Or perhaps it was a freudian slip :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You have Van Gogh’s ear for music

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have always reserved the following for those "appropriate" moments "Of course you're entitled to your opinion, however misguided you may be"

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Winston Churchill;

"Mr. Atlee is a very modest man. Indeed he has a lot to be modest about"

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Groucho Marx
"You know I never forget a face, but with yours I'll make an exception"

One from work a few years back,
"I stuck up for you yesterday, someone said you weren't fit to shovel shit, and I insisted you were"

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We have these 360 degree appraisal thingy's where we're meant to gather feedback from colleagues and discuss it in our appraisals. The positive feedback I always quote as receiving was "you're not a complete arse"

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
In Sherry’s, the old disco in west street in the 80’s, last song came on, the slow one, I very shyly asked a group of 3 potential last dance victims ‘ would any of you like a dance?’ to which one of them responded ‘no thanks I am fussy who i dance with’ to which I quickly replied ‘ well I ain’t, as that is why I asked you’ of course again i went home alone, but at least with a smile on my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
To someone with bad/black teeth.
“You’ve got teeth like fire damaged Lego.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Billy Connolly to a heckler “ don’t come here and criticise my work - otherwise I’ll come to your place of work tomorrow and show you how to sweep up”

Several years ago at The Dome Julian Clarey was being heckled, he simply said "you should keep practicing that, cos with a bit more practice you could be a wanker ".

Years later my daughter used the same line (with my coaching) to embarrass and shut down a school playground bully.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
We have these 360 degree appraisal thingy's where we're meant to gather feedback from colleagues and discuss it in our appraisals. The positive feedback I always quote as receiving was "you're not a complete arse"

I did one of these for mate (we had a boss with great sense of humour;
Under "Strengths" I wrote " lives a long, long way away"

Under "Weaknesses" I wrote "has an identical twin brother"

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
When asking Americans where they are from, whatever they reply with, I say sorry. When they say it louder, I say, it's OK mate, I heard you. I'm just saying sorry.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Many years ago, a friend of mine was walking in West Street when 2 skinheads came towards him and knocked into him as they passed.

One of them said to him"Do you want bovver mate?"

Apparently he looked them up and down and said " You're no bother" and waled on.

Suppose you had to be there...

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I watch a lot of battle rap and the level of writing is ridiculously good.

A personal highlight came in a battle between Soul and Cee Major. Cee Major has a lisp, wears glasses & converged to Islam a couple of years before the battle. Soul had one bar that basically went “If he tried to join ISIS, they’d send him back our way. Because they’ve got two I’s you can’t use and two S’s you can’t say.”

Genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here