Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PM threats

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Using several accounts, claiming to know what I have sent on PM to BF (hmmm) then making up things I have supposedly sent. But most odd , aligning yourself with Bushy. It is a sign of a feeble mind that someone is willing to pal up to a racist, right wing bigot just to have an ally on an Internet forum. It's weak. And you are an odd little man. You make my flesh crawl.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Using several accounts, claiming to know what I have sent on PM to BF (hmmm) then making up things I have supposedly sent. But most odd , aligning yourself with Bushy. It is a sign of a feeble mind that someone is willing to pal up to a racist, right wing bigot just to have an ally on an Internet forum. It's weak. And you are an odd little man. You make my flesh crawl.

I thought it was lovely quoting back the BF threat with a Ghandi quote. Why get so defensive about it?

You were being the bigger man!

Peace and love.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought it was lovely quoting back the BF threat with a Ghandi quote. Why get so defensive about it?

You were being the bigger man!

Peace and love.

It's a fairly nice quote, who can disagree with the sentiment. It would be slightly less creepy and less odd if I'd actually sent it.

Quick question, see if you can answer it.... How would you know what is sent in a PM to BF? I'm on a 3 hour, hungover train journey so anytime is fine.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
No, I'm not OB. Just wanted his threats made public. Never hurts to have these things on public record.

I don't think he has a court hearing, I think he's just trying to sound like he's capable of something, hence the ambiguity.
Anyway, my logs have just arrived.

Is that a euphemism...

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I'll explain it as clearly as I can.

He threatened me, I accepted, I told him quite clearly I'd be happy to meet and have it out with him, he didn't want to meet but keeps sending me threatening PM's. I thought he might like the chance to say his piece in public.

Secondly, I don't particularly take internet threats seriously but I also don't know the chap, perhaps he is a nutter. I'd rather have his threats in public in case he would like to try and find me.

I have received persistent abusive and threatening messages from him. I ignored them for about a fortnight.
This is how I have reacted. Feel free to react in any way you see fit if the same happens to you.

I think you have every right to post that here. No one should post anything online, eg a PM, that they are not comfortable to be made public. Transparency is king in most areas

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think you have every right to post that here. No one should post anything online, eg a PM, that they are not comfortable to be made public. Transparency is king in most areas

Succinct and correct. My thoughts summed up. Thanks.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

A PRIVATE Message isn't 'posted online' any more than an email or a text message is, would you be happy if all of your emails were shared on here? Why shouldn't people expect private messages not to be made public?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A PRIVATE Message isn't 'posted online' any more than an email or a text message is, would you be happy if all of your emails were shared on here? Why shouldn't people expect private messages not to be made public?

When they are abusive and treating is one example

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When they are abusive and threatening is one example

You point "No one should post anything online, eg a PM, that they are not comfortable to be made public" is clearly not true. There are plenty of messages I have sent privately that I do not want made public. No one should have to refrain from sending private messages, emails, texts, etc because they wouldn't want them made public. PMs, like emails and texts are meant to be direct messages between specific people, not for public consumption.

This isn't about whether the receiving party was right to make a private message public, it's about the sentiment you expressed that all PRIVATE messages are for public consumption because transparency!

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
oh. for **** sake...this is really getting daft now...gone past hand bags to nappies....shall we all grow up or what ..?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You point "No one should post anything online, eg a PM, that they are not comfortable to be made public" is clearly not true. There are plenty of messages I have sent privately that I do not want made public. No one should have to refrain from sending private messages, emails, texts, etc because they wouldn't want them made public. PMs, like emails and texts are meant to be direct messages between specific people, not for public consumption.

This isn't about whether the receiving party was right to make a private message public, it's about the sentiment you expressed that all PRIVATE messages are for public consumption because transparency!

i am probably not being clear, the downside of tapping out quickly on an iPad. Once you have posted something online you are no longer in control. The recipient can make public, or a hacker, or the controller of the data like the host etc. The sender should always assume it could go public and act accordingly. In this example the recipient has made public a fairly nasty PM public and i believe was right to do so. Transparency is king in this example and in many other. But of course not all PM need to go public and should they go public

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This thread is just Nibbles sad way of getting his own back on someone who clearly he doesn't get on with.

He should of gone to the mods if he wasn't trying to gain revenge.

They're called private messages for a reason.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I like Nibble. He oft maketh me smile of an evening, adding spice to my glass of rose and a few genuine moments of comedic plenty, seemingly borne from shanties of yore to the less pleasant here and now. Rollicking is he, and so say's I.

Kosh

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This

I wish people would stop saying whatever you do dont google brighton fella or blue waffle,its juvenile and irritating.

i would never for example think about telling people not to google " tub girl" and im not about to begin now........grow up people.:moo:

The problem is you start off by Googling "tub girl" and "Brighton fella" and within 48 hours you've got a Boston Pancake tattoo and have booked a train to Glasgow for a weekend of bagpipe bukkake. It's a slippery slope.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The problem is you start off by Googling "tub girl" and "Brighton fella" and within 48 hours you've got a Boston Pancake tattoo and have booked a train to Glasgow for a weekend of bagpipe bukkake. It's a slippery slope.

Moving this thread.

The language in this post is almost certain to be picked up by Google's automated content-trawling robots which would cause NSC to have ads stopped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here