Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Plucky Leeds.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’ll be the first to admit that I saw Liverpool scoring at least 4 against this lot, but too concede 3?

Klopp should be ashamed. ****ing awful.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
We scored three goals at Anfield and had more possession than Liverpool, something no team did last season.

But I am hugely disappointed. Gutted. The first goal was never a penalty, admittedly but to come away without getting a point just wasn't good enough. We should have seen the game through but our defence was woeful. Keystone cops.

Maybe you understand a little more why we rate Bielsa so highly, though? That is how football should be played, and that is his philosophy. Always commit players to the attack.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not bad at all. All I can say from a negative perspective is that their keeper looked a little dodgy at times. We would be ecstatic if the Albion put in a performance like that at Anfield.

What ,you mean lose by one goal ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Liverpool have conceded 6 goals in their last 2 home games, as many as they had conceded in their 11 previous to that. They’ve conceded 26 goals in their last 15 games, they’d conceded 5 in the 15 previous to that.

There is no way they can win the league if they keep defending like that.
I wish we’d have played them today, we would have got something.

Liverpool were awful today, by their standards. It’s the Champions hangover, and why only great teams win it twice on the trot.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Leeds work very hard , but they flag every season under Bielsa , lockdown saves them from another burn out

They’ll start well and fizzle the second half of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Leeds at the best, on a high, Liverpool at their worse. Suspect one will improve, other will keep being unlucky, losing by a the odd goal

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Maybe you understand a little more why we rate Bielsa so highly, though?

Personally, I spent the whole game with this tune in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G55Oq3oBls0

Defending awful. Defending of set pieces worse. Only attacking tactics high press and long balls for quick players to chase. Midfield seems to have been abolished. Hoof! Chase! Shoot! We're fitter and faster than you! Yes, the man's a genius.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
We scored three goals at Anfield and had more possession than Liverpool, something no team did last season.

Didn’t Brighton have more possession than Liverpool when we played them at Anfield last season ???

AEF8DDE6-67E8-41EF-9B9B-5FC2B034E3D8.png

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

But I am hugely disappointed. Gutted. The first goal was never a penalty, admittedly but to come away without getting a point just wasn't good enough. We should have seen the game through but our defence was woeful. Keystone cops.

Maybe you understand a little more why we rate Bielsa so highly, though? That is how football should be played, and that is his philosophy. Always commit players to the attack.

Hahahah, you absolute clown. You come on the forum of the only team who actually did have more possession than Liverpool in a PL game at Anfield. You could have literally picked any other side.

We also only lost by one own goal in that game.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I didn’t think they were that great actually, Liverpool were really off their game, if they were they would have won that comfortably. The game was entertaining but lacked actual quality.

Leeds had 3 shots on target, all went in, that’s not going to happen very often.

Agree with this. I think leeds play a very energy hungry style, they will burn out after about 25 games and struggle a bit from there. They are good to watch but more due to their endeavour rather than their quality.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Seem to recall Norwich doing well t anfield first game of last season . Made Liverpool look very average and made people sit up and take notice . Ultimately they got 0 points too .

You will find out that it doesn’t make much difference . 0 points is no points and hard luck stories a them in the prem.

Reckon with that defence will be bang in trouble personally .

Take the positives by all means but seen it all before . Really means nothing

Nil points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here