[Football] Plucky Leeds.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We scored three goals at Anfield and had more possession than Liverpool, something no team did last season.

But I am hugely disappointed. Gutted. The first goal was never a penalty, admittedly but to come away without getting a point just wasn't good enough. We should have seen the game through but our defence was woeful. Keystone cops.

Maybe you understand a little more why we rate Bielsa so highly, though? That is how football should be played, and that is his philosophy. Always commit players to the attack.

:tosser::tosser:

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Leeds style is very like Liverpool but with less quality......it’s tiring and with a small squad they will be found out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Ben White would NEVER have given away those penalties handed to Liverpool by Koch and Rodrigo. I can't understand why Leeds didn't buy him when they had the chance.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
We scored three goals at Anfield and had more possession than Liverpool, something no team did last season.

But I am hugely disappointed. Gutted. The first goal was never a penalty, admittedly but to come away without getting a point just wasn't good enough. We should have seen the game through but our defence was woeful. Keystone cops.

Maybe you understand a little more why we rate Bielsa so highly, though? That is how football should be played, and that is his philosophy. Always commit players to the attack.

Credit to Leeds, they played well, can they keep it up all season? Not sure.
With regards to the penalty, with VAR to contend with you will be surprised at some of the decisions.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

You should be disappointed. and very worried. Liverpool were there for the taking and you still allowed them to cut through you with ease and score four goals despite them being totally off their game.

You showed today why you will struggle this season, shocking defensively.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Idiot.. you speak shite.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019

Will be interesting to see how your high press will do .The better teams in the Premier League are able to pass through it and switch play very quickly and leave you outnumbered as what happened with Liverpool . Solid in defense is important .A lot of the teams that go down have by far the worst GD .

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
They never had the chance.

Savvy TB & PB refused to see him in 2019, the loan was all they could get.

Why did TB and PB refuse to see him in 2019? Were they ignoring him? I wouldn't have thought that was a very good way to get the best out of their staff. They should have looked at Bielsa's methods. He's very highly regarded you know.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why did TB and PB refuse to see him in 2019? Were they ignoring him? I wouldn't have thought that was a very good way to get the best out of their staff. They should have looked at Bielsa's methods. He's very highly regarded you know.

If there were medals for shuttle sprinting, Bielsa’s Leeds players would be PL chumpions already.

Unfortunately the different sport of football requires defending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports