Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Please sign this, to help save a 125 year old cricket club from developers. PLEASE.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Signed.

I took a closer look by loading up their play-cricket site [every club has one of these now] http://aigburth.play-cricket.com/subsite/web_pages/218703
I see they only run one junior side at u11.
I also see that their 2nd XI have already conceded twice this season.
The above might suggest they are a club in some trouble [membership wise] and maybe [as many other clubs have done over the years] consider a merger with another nearby club.
Absolutely doesn't mean they should lose their ground to housing development though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Signed.

I took a closer look by loading up their play-cricket site [every club has one of these now] http://aigburth.play-cricket.com/subsite/web_pages/218703
I see they only run one junior side at u11.
I also see that their 2nd XI have already conceded twice this season.
The above might suggest they are a club in some trouble [membership wise] and maybe [as many other clubs have done over the years] consider a merger with another nearby club.
Absolutely doesn't mean they should lose their ground to housing development though.

I don't think they're using that team page properly - I think that's only the league sides.

There are also Sunday fixtures, midweek fixtures and 8 'last man standing' teams.

Junior coaching is fairly informal, and involves local kids beyond the one league side.

In addition to the actual cricket, the club has a thriving bowls section (10 separate league teams, I think) teams in local pool and darts leagues, and a snooker group.

The social aspect is every bit as important as the teams.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Done - so much for the post Olympic sports legacy !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Signed. Communities need these clubs.

Done - so much for the post Olympic sports legacy !

I've signed it. Used to play cricket myself.

Just tried twice and getting an error. Will try again later.

Thanks all :clap2:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Done - f*ck the developer, I know Liverpool quite well and there is absolutely NO shortage of brownfield sites crying out to be demolished and rebuilt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here