Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please settle an argument......

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Impossible to answer really, it does depend entirely on what the pair of you can afford bearing in mind it will be times five in total. Somewhere between £20-50 I guess. I was ecstatic to get a ten bob note ! :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
£25 is about right, mind you one of the young girls at work is taking driving lessons ... at £44 an hour ! I could do that,have a 3 hour day and be better off than now.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Tight bunch of *******s.

@ 17 if he is earning it wont be a lot. Its for a cause. Why dont you lend him the money for a car and have him pay you back.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We have 11 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren and they get £30 each as do their parents. Sometimes it's a present. Sometimes a gift voucher. Sometimes it is cash. But it is 30 notes for birthdays and the same for Christmas.
Last index linked increase (from £25) was two years ago.

Sweet Jesus. I've got two nieces and two godchildren. I was bemoaning the cost of having four children.

Mond you, one godparent suggested I buy 15 hardbacks of Roald Dahl for the baptism. The best price I could find was £350.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Her next quote after me reading out the replies on here are......and I quote "It's all blokes answering on there and blokes are tight fisted when it comes to presents unless its to do with beer and gadgets and football"...............

I was going to say that all sounds a bit contradictive, but then I remembered, ( been single a while now), not sure whether to raise or lower my suggestion, I just know it will be wrong whatever I say..............

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Her next quote after me reading out the replies on here are......and I quote "It's all blokes answering on there and blokes are tight fisted when it comes to presents unless its to do with beer and gadgets and football"...............

My missus say's 30-50 if you can afford it......also she says if he is the oldest give him a 100 and when the others get to that age they get 100 too but for this year the others get just 30 each

D

Deleted member 18477

50-100 quid is about right if you aren't rich. Poor kids these days. Cars, insurance then flats/homes. So bloody expensive.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
My late Gran gave me £5 for my birthday every year up until she died when i was aged 33 ,never heard of inflation.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
What's the argument? Who wants to give what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here